Universal Dead Effect (by Dualcarbon)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Sep 11, 2013.

1. shoi

shoi Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2012
    #621 shoi, Feb 17, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2014
    This seems very weird.
    Why bother take the extra effort to put a flag on
    iff you've done the 1st mission??

Can only see one possibility:
    Be sure premium people who bought the game but didn't play it, couldn't notice the change
    and be upgrading automagically to freemium land.

After all, they inplemented this flag in 1.1 because they knew they were on the verge to switch system...

I also think that thanks to this flag, they could have:

- keep the game as is for premium users
    - keep away the ADS for premium users

but decided no to...

2. oldsnake

oldsnake Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2012
    Male
    Impiegato
    Bologna italy
    Can only see one possibility:
    Be sure premium people who bought the game but didn't play it, couldn't notice the change
    and be upgrading automagically to freemium land.

Its this I want say,if you are a premium user who bought the game,but didn't play it,upgrading to 1.2 you don't receive the reward,instead if you bought the game an played,upgrading you receive the reward,I bought this game at launch day,I played,but then I erase the data(savegame)cause I had some GC Achievements problems..so,now,it's like I never played,and play it now one mission then upgrade,I'm sure I don't receive nothing..

3. oldsnake

Aug 19, 2012
    Male
    Impiegato
    Bologna italy
    I'm sure it's this!

4. inDevBrain

inDevBrain Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    #624 inDevBrain, Feb 17, 2014
    Can anyone who have not received a reward tell us if his device is conneceted to the internet? The reason why some people received their reward and other not may be connection. Maybe those who do not received the reward are just update with itunes. It's a hipoteze, but to go online should offer the reward. Same with reward for like on our facebook page.

We are informing people about the change to Free-to-Play. Again, what good it could bring to us if people do update and after starting the game realized that it change to free-to-play? Bulky have received our mesage about the mistake in feature list, so it will be repaired soon.

To someone who asking for secret orbs: They are on the walls, its like blue "Z" icon, you have to be close enough to orb appear on the wall and then you have to shoot it.

5. shoi

shoi Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2012
    indeed, it was reverted back with the free-to-play mention at the beginning.

Well, in order to not piss off people who bought the game, you should have made an other free app.

I can understand that you need more DLs and ROI and that F2P might help but not as you did...

6. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    #626 awp69, Feb 17, 2014
    Have to say that if people are downloading the update they should be connected to the Internet just to do that. So, again this is the inherent problem of going F2P with a premium app. Even if people DO have the original paid app installed their devices sometimes things go wrong and they aren't rewarded like they're supposed to be. I've seen this happen with other apps that did this as well.

The only full proof way to go from premium to F2P is to release a second F2P app. I know it takes more work but if you really want to do it without hurting those who supported you from the beginning, it's the only option guaranteed not to hurt those users.

And with such specific requirements (not mentioned in the update BTW) to have to have played at least one mission under 1.2, there's going to be others that don't even know they were required to do so. What if someone bought the app recently and hadn't even started playing it yet? They're going to get burned.

Then there's the many, many others who juggle apps like myself and just are left out all together.

7. TotallyImba

TotallyImba Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2010
    United Kingdom
    Does the cloud save work through Game Center or does it require iCloud backup setup?

8. inDevBrain

Sep 12, 2013
    We agree with you guys, it wasn't good idea to do the transition this way. We are sorry for that.

If your device has no connection to the internet you can still update the game via itunes if you connect your device to computer with connection to the internet, through USB, right? Who knows if someone do the updates this way.

Good point, we will inform bulkypixabout changing the feature list again and make sure people know about those requirements.

iCloud backup setup

9. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Have you talked at all to Bulkypix about ways to compensate people that either

a) did not have the app on their device at the time of the update
    or
    b) did not update correctly or know the specific requirements (including many that may have purchased the app just before the change) required to get the reward?

There could be hundreds of people in either of these two situations.

I personally wrote an email to Bulkypix several days ago and have yet to receive even a general response. That's not very professional or comforting to someone who supported you on day one.

10. inDevBrain

Sep 12, 2013
    #630 inDevBrain, Feb 17, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2014
    Yes, we have informed them about this and we are waiting for some sort of solution, same as you are.
    We have no idea why they are not responding to your email, we have no influence over this. But we believe that they will reply to your email soon and provide some solution on how to compensate people.

11. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    LOL... i understand the frustrations of not getting compensated for something you've paid for but asking for infinite credits is just ridiculous.

12. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    #632 Rip73, Feb 23, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2014
    It's even beyond ridiculous, it's actually game breaking and defeats the purpose of any form of progression.
    If it was in any way difficult to earn, maybe, maybe not.
    But it is such a simple proposition to actually earn in the game by simply playing the game, the basic premise of any game being playing it, why on earth would infinite credits be necessary.
    Unless one actually didn't really play it or didn't want any sense of progression within it.

13. oldsnake

Aug 19, 2012
    Male
    Impiegato
    Bologna italy
    Infinite credits? I understand you're frustration,but have infinite credits it's like cheat the game,cause you have all without play, the best part in a game it's play,play play,for fun

14. shoi

shoi Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2012
    #634 shoi, Feb 24, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2014
    well, I haven't updated to the 1.2 version so I don't know how they implemented the IAP stuffs.
    It doesn't have to be infinite credits. Pick whatever it makes sense for you so that we do not have to feel the IAP process. This is what I meant by infinite credits.
    I guess you see the point.

NB:
    for those who would start saying the guy speak without updating. Well, it's the point! I do not want to update from one business model to an other. I will only update when I'm sure the transition is totally transparent.
    I guess the game will be erased from my phone way before that though...

15. brothamannp11911

brothamannp11911 Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2011
    Yeah, you guys have done a great job putting up with the flak (some of it well-grounded, some of it just jackbutts mouthing off) and appreciate what you DID add to this game. It sounds like you have done as much as you can as the developer and are trying to work with the publisher.

As an earlier purchaser of the game, I feel the ROI on my money has been exactly what I expected and hope you guys much success. Do hope you guys get a shot at Dead Effect 2, other opportunities, because it is truly fun stuff.... got a real knack for it. Keep it up!

16. somedumbgamer

somedumbgamer Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    I also did not update and finally just beat the game. The update notification was annoying, but now it's gone...game deleted!

17. kioshi

kioshi Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2011
    Brazil
    Stupid game.
    I bought it on day one, got the credits and gold on my iPad and for some weird reason it synced with the character on my iPhone and now I have no buyer rewards.

18. chris1a

chris1a Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2010
    Sweden

Welcome to the club. You along with a lot of other people got screwed over by these devs and bulky pix.

19. oldsnake

Aug 19, 2012
    Male
    Impiegato
    Bologna italy
    #639 oldsnake, Apr 27, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2014
    Finally i've update from 1.1 to 1.2.1,and i buythis GAME at launch,and i receive my reward:5 million credits,and 300 gold(The 300 gold Are for The 2 profiles) users that have bought This GAME at launch,and never delete from device that don't receive The reward it's for:you had to update over wifi,not with iTunes,and when you launch The game,you had to be on wifi,sure you receive you're reward,i can say that i'm happy that i update cause it's not sound like a free to play,except for some ads,you can easily have all The New weapons and gadget,and auto heal(The thing that can be bought only with gold)just playing on higher difficulty,and if you die during a campaign mission,you can choose to continue from that point using gold,or you can restart The level from The beginning(without pay)there Are no paywall,or timer,i wonder if all The free to' play Are like This One,really good work,devs..
    Edit:after 1 day of playtrough,the zombie enemy just dropped one of the new weapon,one of the most expensive: the equinox(normally cost 330 gold bars) and after some arena survivor mission it drop some upgrade for that weapon,and I've already 400 gold bars..this it's not a free to play,they're too generous the devs..

20. oldsnake

Aug 19, 2012
    Male
    Impiegato
    Bologna italy
    Now I've already all from the game,without buy any IAP gold,I've all the new 4 weapons,also upgraded to the max,autoheal,explosive slot,and this,in all the 2 profile..3 of 4 of the new weapons drop just playing,only the chainsaw had to buy,but play biohazard mission on hell difficulty(with autoheal on)you do a lot of gold,Play some week,and you have already the gold for buy all!