Universal Dead Effect (by Dualcarbon)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Sep 11, 2013.

1. Avatre

Avatre Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2013
    Is anything being done for those of us who didn't delete it, and didn't receive anything after the update?

2. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    PS3 controller works perfectly with this title.

3. oldsnake

oldsnake Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2012
    Male
    Impiegato
    Bologna italy
    You're not receive anything? You have play some missions before update to 1.2 version?

4. Fastbridge

Fastbridge Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Service advisor for Honda
    NYC, New York. USA
    I don't care if it went free. I deleted it day 2 and will never plat it again. I can totally see why people are mad. If this was a great game that I play all the time then I would be pissed as well.

5. Avatre

Avatre Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2013
    Yes, I played the first mission quite a few times trying to find the secrets,

6. oldsnake

Aug 19, 2012
    Male
    Impiegato
    Bologna italy
    But when you update to 1.2 version,you have choose icloud character slot(where you previusly play The first mission)and then continue? If you start a new game then you lose The gold and The credits,when you finish The campaign,always use New Game+ and you take all with you,but new game erase all..you have ICLOUD on?

7. Avatre

Avatre Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2013
    Yes I chose the character I had and pressed continue.

8. oldsnake

Aug 19, 2012
    Male
    Impiegato
    Bologna italy
    You have do all correct,if you have used ICLOUD character slot..,Now there users that receive The reward,other not,and i'm sure you will never update without reward..put a 0,89cent IAP with 5.000.000 credits and 400 gold bars and when you enter in game it ask you're proof of purchase,it's The only solution..Who update if then you don't receive you're reward?

9. inDevBrain

inDevBrain Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    We truly care about our early supporters. We will speak to Bulkypix as soon as we can on monday and see what we can do about this situation.

The goal of going freemium was to make the game accessible to a wider audience. It was not a plan to make early supporters buy credits and gold and we don't expect anyone to do so. We also wouldn't buy any credits or gold in the game that we had already bought as a whole and then it became free-to-play with IAPs.
    That's why you can get all of new weapons just by playing the game and that's why we prepared good reward and not some one hour boost as it is usual in other games.

If anyone suspects that we left out the first line of the iOS list (where is was said that the game is going freemium) on purpouse in order to cheat people into downloading it unknowingly, we can assure you that this isn't true. It wasn't our intention. We simply didn't notice that this part is missing. We've been alerted about it here on TA but sadly, it was over the weekend, so we couldn't fix it because we can't reach Bulkypix over the weekend. However, we don't think that this is a large problem because we are informing everyone that the game is f2p in several other places - our twitter, our facebook, a scrolling text in the game itself and it was also written next to game's name in bold letters. The only thing we'd achieve by not telling people about the change is that people would get angry right after they update the game and start it, which is really the last thing we want to do.

10. inDevBrain

inDevBrain Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    Did you finish 1.mission at least once or you were killed? It's important to finish 1st mission.

11. Avatre

Avatre Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2013
    I definitely finished it quite a few times, never did find a secret though.

12. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC

Thank you for your response and I hope you and Bulkypix can work towards a solution. I really do think you I are talented devs and want you to succeed. I just hate these situations. And, unfortunately, they rarely go smoothly unless a separate app is created.

13. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    I dont think I have ever seen you so vocal man!

14. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    I'm just tired of the whole paid to freemium thing. And I guess this just hit boiling point.

15. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Maybe he liked the game much and would like to have another spin on it, unfortunately he's missed the compensation for the previous buyers.

For what it's worth, im playing the game on the second slot now with a new character (the female this time, coz i wanted to hear her voice acting in story mode to see if the dialogue's got some variety from Gunner's) and the game is still pretty balanced, i dont think a grind is needed to play it. It would definitely be a grind for the gold-bought items, but all cash-bought items are still easily obtained and gradually upgraded at a decent pace.

I dont think IAP is required to play the game at all.

16. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    I feel you man.

17. demod1

demod1 Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2012
    This game is still pretty darn good. The update changed nothing for me. I got a ton of in game money as a previous buyer. Enough to beat the game 8 times over so why would I complain? Fact is I dont go to work everyday unless I'm getting paid. So I don't blame developers. I blame me the cheap gaming community. This game should have sold very well, but everyone wants their games free. This is the industry we've created.

18. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    And that's why people like myself paid for the game --- to support premium games. So those of us who didn't have the game on their system at the time of the update, we're not cheap. We support premium games. But yet we still get screwed.

I go to work and do a lot of duplication to please all of my customers so that I can get paid. That's why if devs want to do this they need to still suck it up and do what's necessary -- releasing a separate freemium app.

Hopefully, Bulkypix will come up with some sort of solution. But it's sad that the vast amount of the time, it's the cheap people that get their cake and eat it too. The ones who support and want to keep premium alive are the ones who end up on the short end of the stick.

19. sugimulm

sugimulm Well-Known Member

You hit the nail on the head. I pay for premium games, yet get screwed when Devs do this, almost as bad as the immediate sale, yet this is worse.

20. oldsnake

Aug 19, 2012
    Male
    Impiegato
    Bologna italy
    I came to the conclusion that to get the reward, the game must been played at least one mission first, before That the 1.2 update hit the App Store, the ones that have played a mission these days and then update to 1.2 have not received the reward , the game had to be played at least one time,but month ago, for me this is the reason!