Universal Dead Effect (by Dualcarbon)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Sep 11, 2013.

1. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    #521 awp69, Feb 14, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2014
    It's not about the $4 (and I dont get the bonus). It's about the principle.

Apps add up in cost.if every Dev in the App Store did this, I'd stop iOS gaming completely.

For now, I'll just continue my policy of not supporting devs that do this. It really should be a rule that apps can't just suddenly switch business models at the expense of others.

So I just will stick with my decision to speak with my wallet and stop buying apps from this dev.

There's plenty of great devs who don't do this at all and others that did the right thing with a separate apps. I'll just support those devs who realize that early adopters are usually your most loyal customers. And not everyone keeps their apps on their devices forever or wants to jump through hoops just to get their "reward".

You have your opinion. I have mine. And I just think supporting these types of changes is just going to allow other devs to do similar or worse things. That's not the kind of business I want to encourage and I just won't. Even if I loved the game, I can't make exceptions.

2. shoi

shoi Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2012
    #522 shoi, Feb 14, 2014
    with you on that one.
    Nothing to do with the price tag but with the principle.
    When you buy a premium game, you're entitled(thx to what is generally admited to be the truth and the common sense) to expect a premium experience with no ads, no crap IAP.
    You're buying a game AND a business model that binds you somehow with what the devs are promising.

btw, creating a new freemium app from a paymium app takes ABSOLUTELY NO TIME.
    As I said: get the premium users to cash in then get the freemium users to cash in WITH some premium users as a bonus that cashes in. they just don't want to lose such a potential target that's why they didn't make an other app, not because it costs too much time/money.

Giving 14 bucks worh of IAP items is WORTHLESS. See how they change their pricing all the time(One of the 1st freemium Dead Trigger update for example which made all the previous IAPS worth nothing at all as inflation in the virtual world has no limits).

so you get worthless IAP items & eye-soring ADS.
    That's a DEAL

3. Vestid

Vestid Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2012
    Why don't you just not update?

4. KoRoV

KoRoV Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2012
    I just remembered "explanation" that we got for Arc Squadron; theat game is free on android and they deleted premium version and put freemiem on appstore. Luckely i saved my .ipa and still have original version. But the main thing is that android and google play store devours appstore. And normaly tons of peoples just dovnload and try games on android and deletes it. And for devs every download counts.
    So the main troble maker in whole story is google play store. And apple unfortunatly dont give a dime for their costumers and our feedbacks as long we paying. Unfortunatly its all about money, money & money :/ and we are just sheeps who get litle enjoymant and the wolf always gets to us :/

5. Laenor

Laenor Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2013
    Paris, France
    Changing a "Premium game" to a "Freemium game", even with giving some "free" IAP to your existing customers is a bad, bad move.
    Cherish your initial buyers.

See what Ravenmark did with their business model :

First they had a "Premium game, get every new bit of content for free"

That obviously didn't work out. So they lowered the price, and changed that to :
    "(cheaper) Premium game", IAP for additional content.

Fans were still a bit sad, but accepted : They didn't get exactly what they were promised, but still, the EXISTING gaming experience wasn't altered for them.

Then, later down the road, they changed their model again :
    App price increased significately and all IAPs chapters were included in that version for free.
    An additional Free App was released, with the first part of the game free, and every additional content requiring IAP to unlock

=> Separating the game into a "freemium" version (That also serves as a Demo for people to test and decide if they want to spend money) and a "premium" version.

Added bonus : every early adopter had their initial game upgraded to that "big, full, no IAP" version, letting Ravenmark developpers fulfil their initial promise to them.

This, right there, is a great business model.

6. heringer

heringer Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2011
    #526 heringer, Feb 14, 2014
    I find pretty silly that some people are using the "but they are giving away $14 worth of IAP!" argument, like that means something without looking at how inflated the prices are and how screwed the balance was.

Not to mention most people won't even get the "reward". This is just something they did to make them look generous without actually being generous.

But I get it though. They want to get their investment back, that's fair. It doesn't mean I have to respect their business though, so I'm avoiding their games too from now on.

7. Gov

Gov Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2013
    I want a bigger reward.. send me unlimited gold.. i paid once, not paying twice!

8. IceMan7

IceMan7 Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2013
    Harrisburg,PA
    #528 IceMan7, Feb 14, 2014
    Well it seems to me like most people on here would rather them drop support. Has anyone even tried the f2p system yet? As touch arcade stated...

", and the freemium model itself is pretty unobtrusive and typical of other free to play games where everything can be earned just by playing."

9. inDevBrain

inDevBrain Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    You need to have update 1.1 and have played at least one mission and haven't deleted before 1.2. That means that if you have version 1.0 and go straight to 1.2 from there, you won't get anyhting. The same goes if you delete 1.1 and then just install the game again, already as 1.2.

The game should definitely work for you. This happens to people, but very rarely. Our programmer thinks that the problem is with Apple and not with the game itself, but we don't know why it happens. If we find out what it is, we'll definitely let you know.

We're very sorry, but we can't do that.

As we've already said, this was not our intention. Every one of us here is a gamer as you are. In the beginning we truly believed that we can make it work as a premium game and we stuck by it for as long as it was possible. We were probably a little naive...

10. oldsnake

oldsnake Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2012
    Male
    Impiegato
    Bologna italy
    EP:did you receive The 300 gold and The 5.000.000 credits?i fear to update cause some users with 1.1 version,never deleted from devices,after The update they don't receive nothing,and i mean day One costumers..

11. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Then you should have put a little extra effort (and yes as a computer programmer I know it's extra work but not massive) and released a separate app. Now anyone who paid for it and doesn't currently have it installed is not rewarded but instead left with an app now intended to try to get more money out of us.

12. KoRoV

KoRoV Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2012
    AMEN to that!!!

13. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I did. The 5M was actually too much IMO, so right now, i have about 4M sitting on my ingame wallet. The 300 Gold i still havent bought anything, and i already have 374 now, which i think i got some from that facebook thingy, then the rest from the daily missions i played.

So far i think they compensated those who still have the game on their device well (maybe even too much in the case of the ingame cash) but i still get irritated whenever i see an ad in between missions.

14. Gov

Gov Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2013
    I recieved nothing, but I did delete the app at the beginning of the apps launch.

15. oldsnake

oldsnake Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2012
    Male
    Impiegato
    Bologna italy
    Now i Read InDevBrain:not only you have to' had version 1.1 in you're devices(for The rewards of people Who bought like me and you)but for receive The rewards you had to' have play at last 1 mission before update to' 1.2 version F2P, i delete my savefile from my device,but only savefile,so i need to' play 2 mission before update?
    InDevBrain: it's correct?

16. inDevBrain

inDevBrain Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    There have been some questions about gold bars and how they work which we'd like to answer, so there is no confusion.

What can you spent them on?
    You can get all of the new content with gold bars. Weapons, the explosives slot, autoheal, etc. You can also revive yourself if you die you so you won't need to repeat the mission from the start.

How do you get them?
    When you play the game, they have a chance to drop from every zombie you kill, so you can pick them up like that. Higher game difficulty has a higher drop chance, so if you're a skilled player, you can play on a higher difficulty and thus find more bars along the way. Biohazard will also reward you with more gold if you set the difficulty higher and manage to survive all the waves.

Besides gold drops, enemies can also drop other things - weapons or upgrades to weapons which you already own. If a weapon drops, it will always be a weapon you don't own yet and it won't be upgraded.

So yes, you can have all of the weapons by only playing the game.

Someone also asked about autohealing and wether it will make the game too easy.

Autoheal is good for playing the game on higher difficulties since, as we've said, those have a better chance to drop things. You can turn it off too, if you feel the game is too easy with it - just go to Menu > Gameplay Options.

17. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    I didnt get any gold or anything but I did delete the game off my iPad a while back :(

18. shoi

shoi Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2012
    Let's say that what happens.
    Anyway, as the gamer you are, we are, you should have known better than switching from a paymium to a freemium model.
    I'll be sure to revise my rating on the appstore.

19. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    You don't make any sense

20. shoi

shoi Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2012
    Paymium to freemium= BAD.

Hope it makes sense now?
    if not, I can't help you & ignore my posts all together.
    You'll help yourself and save people time