Universal Dead Effect 2 (By Dualcarbon)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Oct 28, 2015.

1. Fangbone

Fangbone Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    Game just crashed as I was leading Miniken ( think that's his name) to the elevator. iPhone 6 with iOS 8.4.1

2. master lee

master lee Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2009
    Greece kos island
    #82 master lee, Oct 29, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2015
    Yes happen to me 2 times with miniken please fix it.
    iPad 2 iOS 9.1

3. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    Rlly liking this a lot but Afterpulse is way more my style. I love battling other humans in an all out multiplayer arena. Just wish it was true fps, as it is kinda 3rd person. Big ups for this graphically and the eerie trapped on spaceship scenario.

4. sakuraarts

sakuraarts Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2015
    Dead space + Mass effect = Dead Effect

"Mind blown"

Fortunately this is quite a AAA game treat we have here, enjoying it alot so far on my 6plus

Sometimes i gotta look away from the game and realize im not playing on the big screen tv, graphics are really great for this game as well as the gameplay elements

5. Nonstickron

Nonstickron Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Graphic Artist / Pre-Press
    Central Florida
    It's funny to see all the internet connectivity whining for what is a completely free game. Yes, it has IAPs, but they're not necessary to the game at all. In fact I suspect they would kinda ruin the pacing. Gems for rushing skills you'll unlock anyway, money for upgrading and buying weapons...when you get money during every mission anyway. So you're paying to not have to play the game. Lol. I'll probably grab the doubler just to support the dev.

Love everything but the voice actors for the playable characters so far. All three are annoying...The girl would be the least annoying but she has terrible timing and delivery. But then I figure maybe they are intentionally over the top cheesy, katana guy sounds like he's doing an impression of the Farcry: Blood Dragon main character.

Overall though it's an awesome game, and I can't believe how light a touch the freemium aspects have.

6. Rain1dog

Rain1dog Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2010
    Yeah this game on the 6s Plus is stunning... All options set to extreme. Especially the part where the virtual spaceship with galaxy's floating around hologram style... Stunnnnning looking.

7. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    This game is gorgeous. The controls are fantastic. The IAP (which I typically am not a fan of, are done right). Love almost everything about this game.

However, I am now on the train to work unable to enjoy the game. I know that as a result, my interest in going to the game will start to fade and that is a shame as it's obvious how much work went into making it.

8. raravan

raravan Well-Known Member

May 18, 2014
    where do you see doubler in this game?

9. Pony

Pony Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    The Netherlands
    Instab.... awww it's F2P.
    But reading this thread makes me optimistic again as there are some titles out there who do F2P right.
    I've made it a rule to stick only to premium titles, unless the F2P is done absolutely right. Think Landsliders, SkyForce 2014 or Bitcoin Millionare for example.
    Looks like this title is going to join the same respectable ranks if not more so.
    Downloaded!
    Cannot wait to try this after work. :)

10. TotallyImba

TotallyImba Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2010
    United Kingdom
    Does his game allow you to transfer save progress between different devices?

11. houseofg

houseofg Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    ... said everyone else in this thread! Went looking again but don't see one.

12. lukey89

lukey89 Active Member

Nov 6, 2012
    Yep, it has icloud support :)

13. Nekku

Nekku Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    #93 Nekku, Oct 29, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2015
    Well, after playing for a bit longer now, I can say that gems arent there for unlocking skills earlier only.
    Actually, there is stuff which can only be bought with gems and I'm not talking about super special weapons. Nope, something like a common axe needs to be bought with gems. Or a common chainsaw.
    Also, there are timers. If you want to add an upgrade to one of your armor pieces you'll have to wait or pay with gems to speed up progress.
    This isnt bad at all because the game is still a lot of fun. Well, but it's there.
    The only thing I dont like is the grind which starts pretty early after Mission 3 iirc. Every follow up story mission needs you to be at a certain level to play it. This is hardly the case for me so I have to replay earlier missions to get more XP as well as credits. It's not that bad really but they have to make it so that we can skip the cut-scenes once we finished a mission. I'm tired of looking at them over and over again. I could also do side missions though but they dont pay off very well in comparison to story missions, imo.
    Btw, I cant seem to find a doubler anywhere...would love to buy an XP doubler.

14. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    ^Timers here are still tame and acceptable as they do not stop you from playing the game.

15. Nonstickron

Nonstickron Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Graphic Artist / Pre-Press
    Central Florida
    I assumed they would have a doubler, my bad. And ive only played missions 1-3 with each character so far. Sad to hear gems become a requirement. Hopefully they can be earned somehow.

16. Nekku

Nekku Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    Gems arent an requirement, unless you want to collect everything I guess. I'm not sure if those items appear as drops/loot.
    And yes, they can be obtained. I already have obtained 6 gems just by playing the game. I didnt paid any attention on how I got them exactly unfortunatley.

17. jgeirge

jgeirge Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2015
    This game is amazing, I just wish movement speed was faster for me and the enemies. It's such a heat game but could benefit from faster gameplay

18. Brrobotix

Brrobotix Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Under your bed
    Loving it so far! I tried to buy the cheapest pack of gems to get the disk thrower or whatever but it didn't go through last night for some reason. Will try again tomorrow, but in the meantime I'd love to see non-consumable IAPs!

19. brothamannp11911

brothamannp11911 Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2011
    ...UGH. When will the "I want a full game, no restrictions, for 2.99, that has 18 hours of gameplay, full multiplayer and you better update it and I'm going to beat it in one weekend or else I'm going to be a nerdy nerd online about it" go away!!!????!!!

This is such a gem. It's the first Dead Effect, only better. I've only gotten two brief times, but it feels like the scifi/horror game Foursaken would make if they ever gotten around to it :) The voice acting... meh (I've got a friend who'd do great work, Badfly, if you need more VO help ;) but the smoothness of the touch controls, the atmosphere, having to check corners, some minor exploratory elements...

I saw the comparison to DooM 3 and Dead Space... totally legit comparisons.

BRAVO!

20. Gunther4C

Gunther4C Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2013
    If there isn't a way to farm for Gems, I'm disappointed