Universal Dead Effect 2 (By Dualcarbon)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Oct 28, 2015.

1. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    So, who's the wise-guy(gal) that rated this game 1star with no comment?

2. Lukeycloud

Lukeycloud Active Member

Oct 16, 2015
    Where does it say about the Iap?

3. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    After you complete mission one and start mission two it goes into it. Normally I would never purchase IAP that's only consumable, but I have to say, the cloud saving in this game is solid. I absolutely will be making purchases. This game is really amazing. I'm having so much fun. Slicing and dicing with my katana from the start. The abilities go pretty deep and are really varied and they can all be upgraded. I already have pull and push. Really really awesome stuff. It's like being a damn Jedi lol!

Billy

4. BadFly_Interactive

BadFly_Interactive Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2014
    Game developer
    Brno, Czech Republic
    Hey guys, thank you for feedback, hope you will all enjoy the game! We will welcome any and all comments on how it's going with your gameplay :)

5. sakara214ever

sakara214ever Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    Wow this must be one of the best looking (at least graphically ) games i have seen on ios. Downloading tonight. Bye bye life

6. Den Den

Den Den Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2014
    How does IAP work in a game like this? Never played a F2P FPS game before...

Are there multiple currencies? If yes, what do they do?

Is there an energy system?

And most importantly, is there an IAP that somewhat turns the game into a premium like experience? Such as permanent 2X gold etc.

7. fulcizombie

fulcizombie Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2011
    Just played a bit after having replayed the first one . The graphics are ridiculous, it is like remastered doom 3 on pc with all settings on highest (iPad air 2) . I have NEVER seen such a good looking fps on iOS before, it blows everything else out of the water . No comparison with the first one, which was a good looking game for its time and has aged nicely . It makes the polygonal modern combat games look like a joke in comparison, yes even MC5 . The production values are also a gigantic leap over the first game . The gameplay , so far, seems like a refined version of the first one but I haven't gotten far, haven't tried the abilities .

Congratulations to the team .

8. schnedi

schnedi Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2015
    Very good game, remember me doom 3 and dead space.
    Played an bit in iphone 5S at maximum effects and no lag. Highly recomended.

9. ashmike3

ashmike3 Well-Known Member

May 15, 2014
    A few missions in and, wow. This is how it's done. Smooth controls, which are highly customizable. Excellent graphics. Fun missions with interesting "mini-games" at various terminals (hack, match sign waves etc..) Solid story so far. Tons of upgrades, gear, skills, implants etc... Impressed. Rating 5 although I'm very early, I'd be surprised if it lost any stars when I get further. Download it!

10. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Woohoooo! Defo worth the wait!

Like i said multiple times in the upcoming thread... THE FREEMIUM FPS TO END ALL FREEMIUM FPS! Angry fingers beware! :D

11. TTotully

TTotully Active Member

Mar 6, 2013
    Fantastic game! Can not put it down and am loving the FPS controls...quit reading and download this while I go back to slashing some undead!

12. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    #32 LordShad0wz, Oct 28, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2015
    Den Den if you see me playing a game it does not have an energy system gehehe

This does have multiple currencies and they are consumable. You will use them to upgrade your abilities and other items. You do get the items as you play but obviously if you want things quicker you have to pay. As I said this game has excellent cloud saves so you won't lose your purchases if you break your device or upgrade. And for me with the production values I think it's ok. I still would like to see currency doublers. Those are always immediate purchases for me as they are restorable (yea I'm looking at you Badfly devs hehe) but I feel with the production values I can't just play this game and give nothing. so I will be purchasing iap. It's only right. I can't imagine the hours that went into making this. The devs deserve to be successful and I have to pay them something.

Billy

But devs, yea currency doublers. Instant purchase for me. Hint hint lol

13. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Wow thats awesome to hear.

14. nkx

nkx Well-Known Member

May 9, 2015
    #34 nkx, Oct 28, 2015
    Do you need IAP to play this game does it force it down your throat like some IAP platforms??? I bought the original dead effect before it went F2P and loved the game. I was disappointed when you guys went F2P I still have not downloaded the latest version because I did not wish to lose the premium privilege. Now I really want to play this game but does it have the IAP pushed down your throat upgrade? Is there plans to have a unlock all IAP?? Regardless I wish the devs all the best the first game was amazing and I'm sure this will be too

15. Ragn4rok 74

Ragn4rok 74 Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2014
    I've only played two missions so far but like everyone else I am in awe. The game looks so freaking good! It controls great. I'm able to max everything out with no lag on my iPad Air. The skills are quite deep. I'm using the guy with the katana and it is definitely awesome hacking off limbs and heads lol. I will be buying some iap as well because the devs deserve it. Super solid game! I mean just WOW!

16. lyace21

lyace21 Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2012
    Wow 20+ hours?! :O is that actually true? Lol

17. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I spent over 30 hours on the last one, so no surprise this would break the cap of 20. :)

18. tobidayao

tobidayao Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2013
    Philippines
    #38 tobidayao, Oct 28, 2015
    so does it require constant internet connection or it is just for cloud saving? And does it support app thinning? so i'll know if I would just download it on my phone or through my pc.

19. lyace21

lyace21 Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2012
    I only played a couple of levels of the first one if I remember right. Its a horror/action game right? But is the horror part just the theme or does it actually have scary moments? Im debating wether to clear up some space on my phone or not :)
    If it feels like Doom 3 then Im in!

20. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

I set all the video specs up to max on my 5C, it runs completely fine suprisingly, however you're sacrificing FPS.