Universal Dead Effect 2 (by BadFly Interactive)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by BadFly_Interactive, Mar 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oldsnake

oldsnake Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2012
    Male
    Impiegato
    Bologna italy
    No Bulkypix,Finally!

2. Dirty Harry Hannahan

Dirty Harry Hannahan Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2011
    Planet Earth
    Looks absolutely awesome. I'd love to be a beta tester for this. Can't wait. :D

3. Brrobotix

Brrobotix Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Under your bed
    Yeah I'm guessing they took biceps and figured that converting bi into quad would make it sound twice as powerful while staying somewhat scientifically viable. Hilariously, the change made it the opposite of that.

4. BadFly_Interactive

BadFly_Interactive Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2014
    Game developer
    Brno, Czech Republic
    Hey there! Well, since Dead Effect 2 takes place in a fantasy world, one can dream of a four-part arm muscle. :)

5. BadFly_Interactive

Dec 25, 2014
    Game developer
    Brno, Czech Republic
    Yup, self-published this time.

6. oldsnake

oldsnake Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2012
    Male
    Impiegato
    Bologna italy
    and I wish you the best Like Self-Publisher and you're Team,You Guys Deserve The Best,and The Best it's yet to Come 

7. BadFly_Interactive

Dec 25, 2014
    Game developer
    Brno, Czech Republic
    Thank you! Hope you're right :)

8. BadFly_Interactive

Dec 25, 2014
    Game developer
    Brno, Czech Republic
    New walkthrough video by TouchGameplay

Hey guys, how's it going? We've got a new video out there, it's a full walkthrough of our E3 version of Dead Effect 2, made by Andrej from TouchGameplay YouTube channel. Watch and enjoy the demo in all its glory! :)

9. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Holy crap... I need this.

10. RebornProphet

RebornProphet Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2010
    Scotland, UK
    Will this be a premium title and will there be MFi support from day one?

Thanks!

11. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    It'll be freemium (if the freemium elements are the same as in DE1 which is most likely based on the dev's exchanges here, then it should be balanced without any purchases, and enhanced by one non-consumable purchase), and yeah they said it will have full MFi controller support compared to the first where it only had support ingame and not in menus.

12. RebornProphet

RebornProphet Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2010
    Scotland, UK
    Great, thanks for that. Appreciated.

13. Kenan2000

Kenan2000 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2013
    Also no energy,confirmed by devs :)

14. Dirty Harry Hannahan

Dirty Harry Hannahan Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2011
    Planet Earth
  15. Brrobotix

Brrobotix Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Under your bed
    Hey Badfly,

Some comments after watching TouchGameplay's hands on video. First, lots of good things. Graphics are amazing, Love the new random loot system (though it would have been nice if the player had been able to find something above "common" rarity during the half hour he played), Enemy encounters look really varied and fun (and different armor abilities and weapon loadouts add to this). I also like the new terminal minigames, they're different from usual QTE timing minigames, and they'll provide a nice change of pace every now and then.

Few minor things I think need to be changed a bit. For one, the character is really into cursewords. I'm not typically against cursing, I actually liked it at first since if makes the character seem real. But I think you guys are over-doing it with the frequency of cursing in the dialog, and it might be better to tone it down a bit (not remove it completely!). Another, mashing the screen to kick out doors, which open out towards you, makes no sense. It's also annoying to have to do that every time you open a cabinet somewhere, and I would recommend just getting rid of that completely (tap to open). Maybe replace it with a gesture where you slide fingers from the middle of the screen out (the reverse of a pinch gesture), which would be closer to a natural motion of opening a door.

16. jgeirge

jgeirge Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2015
    Totally agree. Reduce the cursing to Maybe, every so often when damaged. Repetitive cursing deducts from the tone & personality of the character. Also mashing to open was very annoying to say the least in the first

17. BadFly_Interactive

Dec 25, 2014
    Game developer
    Brno, Czech Republic
    #137 BadFly_Interactive, Jul 7, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2015
    Hey guys, thank you for your input! We're glad that you liked the first glimpse of the gameplay. More good stuff to come, stay tuned!

As for the voiceover and the cursing, please bear in mind that what you heard was still a work version and is not definitive. We will have 3 player characters and each of them has a unique personality, which will also show in their lines. We're aware of the fact that not everyone enjoys an F-bomb in every sentence, so we are actually planning on toning it down a little bit. Thank you! :)

18. BadFly_Interactive

Dec 25, 2014
    Game developer
    Brno, Czech Republic
    Hey there, yes, basically what Exact-Psience said. :)

19. BadFly_Interactive

Dec 25, 2014
    Game developer
    Brno, Czech Republic
    Gamescom 2015 + new implant

Gamescom 2015 is right behind the corner and BadFly Interactive can't miss it, of course! Are you attending this awesome gaming event? Let us know if you want to meet and try your hand at playing Dead Effect 2.

To build the suspense a little bit, here's a peek at another bit of technology available to you in the world of Dead Effect 2 - the Seidhr head-plant. This unique set of implants got its name after the magic practiced by old Nordic sorcerers and it remains true to it - the head-plant grants you regenerative abilities which seem almost superhuman.

[​IMG]

20. kripa1415`

kripa1415` Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2012
    Looks great!