Universal Dead Effect 2 (by BadFly Interactive)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by BadFly_Interactive, Mar 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kehshsidhdudh5

Kehshsidhdudh5 Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2015
    Michigan
    Will it not work at all on iPod5 or just poorly

2. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    All this thread bumping is making me impatient to play the game. I consider the first one to be one of the best FPS on the appstore, and now a sequel that seems to be an improvement in all aspects.

3. Ragn4rok 74

Ragn4rok 74 Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2014
    I'm the same way lol! I'd rather wait and see it first hand. Cannot wait for this to come out!

4. fulcizombie

fulcizombie Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2011
    First game is very good and this looks like a huge improvement . Can't wait .

5. Puke Aces

Puke Aces Well-Known Member

Awwww I really was hoping there wouldn't be any internet connection needed (except for multiplayer of course) I was hoping to be able to play this on long trips and on the road as well :(

6. BadFly_Interactive

BadFly_Interactive Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2014
    Game developer
    Brno, Czech Republic
    New screenshot

Hey everyone, how's it going?
    Just wanted to drop by with a new screenshot :)
    Thank you all for the great support you've been showing us! It means the world to us. Also, we know that the information about the required internet connection might not sit well with some of you, but it is definitely needed. Our statistics say that over 85 % of the versions of Dead Effect were hacked and cheated. With our new game backend, we can prevent that, and that's why we need the players to be online. Hope you will understand our position.

[​IMG]

7. MarkyR74

MarkyR74 Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2013
    Yeeeessssss!!! Cross platform saves suites me just fine. I have an iPhone and iPod Touch, the new one, and a Sony Android tablet.

Are you going to release the game in the Amazon Fire TV store?

8. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    I'm with you on that. Ride the train to work everyday and have a long flight next week and was looking forward to using this game to pass the time. I'm not into the multi-player aspect and just enjoy the single player modes so this is a little disappointing.

I understand though and will still be mashing "get" as soon as this hits. Just looks too pretty.

9. BadFly_Interactive

Dec 25, 2014
    Game developer
    Brno, Czech Republic
  10. BadFly_Interactive

Dec 25, 2014
    Game developer
    Brno, Czech Republic
    Yes, it will, we support i0S 8 as well.

11. BadFly_Interactive

Dec 25, 2014
    Game developer
    Brno, Czech Republic
    You might be able to get it working on low settings, but I wouldn't recommend it. Definitely won't provide good performance.

12. Puke Aces

Puke Aces Well-Known Member

Could there be any other way other than to require a permanent Internet connection? Like I know some games that don't require wifi can't be hacked (mainly looking at the butterscotch developers, their games are offline and yet they still detect fraudulent purchases)

13. MRBISCUTS96

MRBISCUTS96 Member

Mar 17, 2015
    Isn't there a way to just require a purchase receipt or something? You should look into that for a future update perhaps

14. Killerluffy246

Killerluffy246 Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2014
    Asia
    Hah finally they answered the million dollar question. I have a feeling that eventually all the developers will follow gameloft trend of making games nowadays :
    Internet connection
    F2P

Its gonna be very common after a few years , the thing I am thinking about now is Galaxy on Fire 3 , if Fishlab also does the same thing, then I am pretty sure to be leaving IOS gaming forever.

Developers such as Foursaken Media , Kepa and such will be our only hope , if they all follow the trend, then its over

15. Sniper Caz

Sniper Caz Active Member

Oct 9, 2015
    Community Manager
    Vancouver, BC
    But there will always be new companies, new games, new people shaking things up! Your favorite video game company might not even exist yet! :).

16. Killerluffy246

Killerluffy246 Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2014
    Asia
    Well , CM just submitted the long awaited Aralon 2 , hopefully that game could hold me long enough till another good ios game developer appear ...

17. Ragn4rok 74

Ragn4rok 74 Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2014
    Sweet! Thanks for the info!

18. So, back to the game...

...real unfortunate to see this thread getting derailed by tripe complaints.

FINALLY watched the trailer, had tried to stay blind... wow, guys, this looks amazing. It's got so much good going for it. I LOVE that there are 40 weapons this time around!

I noticed in one of the "let's play" videos that sections of the maps seemed pretty exploratory... is that a regular part of the game? I haven't played an FPS in a loooong while that has that exploratory feel, especially on mobile.

Ready to buy some IAP and support an awesome game developer!

19. BadFly_Interactive

Dec 25, 2014
    Game developer
    Brno, Czech Republic
    Weapons and upgrades

We have still time to kill before the release, so let's talk about the weapons and their properties, so important for survival in dangerous environments.

As we mentioned in one of the posts before, there are dozens of weapons in the game and you can look forward to many different types and ranges:

- pistols
    - revolvers
    - cold weapons (swords, axes, hammers etc.)
    - assault rifles
    - archery weapons
    - heavy weapons
    - machinegun weapons
    - experimental weapons
    - unique weapons (disc-thrower)
    - explosive weapons

All these weapons can be upgraded within several groups, so you can modify the properties of your weapon of choice to your liking.

As compared to the first game, we've added an option to install special codexes into your weapon which add a special ability or an extension of its original properties. You can install up to 3 unique codexes into one weapon and they're different for each type of weapon.

The weapon arsenal will expand with future updates, so there's a lot to look forward to.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. BadFly_Interactive

Dec 25, 2014
    Game developer
    Brno, Czech Republic
    Once we manage to find a better solution, we can change the system, but this is what's working best for us (and many others) at the moment.