Universal Dead Effect 2 (By Dualcarbon)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Oct 28, 2015.

1. nxtboyIII

nxtboyIII Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2014
    Game Developer
    Wow, that's basically exactly how I feel. Bad gunplay and slow gameplay, and only good thing are graphics.

2. amusing Grace

amusing Grace Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Music, Muse, Magick
    Berlin, Germany
    Check bottom right corner of the screen, i think you can leave the upgrade screen there, iirc.
    You don't need to buy stuff with real money.

3. Nekku

Nekku Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    Crystals are regular drops btw. I just had two dropped in ~20 minutes.

4. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    Devs,

You guys knocked this one Out of the park! Everyone look at the attached pic. Absolutely beautiful. I have an upgraded bow and katana. I just dropped $10 for now as a thank you. I bought the $4.99 packs of cash and chips each. I can't play anymore without paying something. It's so much fun!

Billy

Attached Files:

5. Brrobotix

Brrobotix Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Under your bed
    Hey so I bought a pack of crystals earlier, but I'm still getting ads after missions. Is this a bug?

Also the disk launcher is a cool idea, but I really wish it was a rapid fire gun with lower damage, so I could actually make use of it to hit enemies in around corners, like the blade launchers in the ratchet and clank games. As it is, it's pretty useless.

6. Nekku

Nekku Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    Which pack did you bought? The cheapest one doesnt removes the ads.

7. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    Devs is there a reason the bow doesn't auto fire or have the option. I just died lol. I figured it was like the plasma arm weapon and the katana. I just stood there with the bow haha. Can that functionality be put in?

I really cannot wait to upgrade to the 6+ next month. This game is going to look fantastic.

Billy

8. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    I got the $4.99 and haven't seen a single ad.

9. Brrobotix

Oct 24, 2011
    Under your bed
    #129 Brrobotix, Oct 29, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2015
    Seriously? Like they couldn't make that clear?

Edit yeah it does say that on the item, but not on the loading screen. Still annoyed but whatever

In general I'm starting to see some ftp crap creep in. The games difficulty curve is ok so far, but I don't have nearly enough money to buy any new weapons to keep up with the level increases.

10. nkx

nkx Well-Known Member

May 9, 2015
    #130 nkx, Oct 29, 2015
    The problem is originally the original game was a premium and no one bought. 5 dollars premium back before they went to the f2p model. They did this because no one bought the premium model. Now fast forward too today people are thrilled to pay over 10 dollars for gems that don't even unlock everything. I never updated my old dead effect once I saw they were going this model. I don't understand how people love f2p models. They should have a unlock IAP for 10 dollars for people like me.

11. Brrobotix

Oct 24, 2011
    Under your bed
    It's just the way the market is now sadly, and that kind of IAP would kill their profits because they'd be making $10 on whales instead of $100.

12. tahzblade

tahzblade Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2012
    I'm playing with auto fire off, it's more fun for me and more challenging.

13. BadFly_Interactive

BadFly_Interactive Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2014
    Game developer
    Brno, Czech Republic
    Hey there! We've tried not to force it down anyone's anything. It's perfectly possible to finish the game without IAPs. :)

14. Nekku

Nekku Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    #134 Nekku, Oct 29, 2015
    Well, I have crystals dropping once every 10 minutes atm so I think that's perfectly fine. Will buy a pack tomorrow regardless.

On a sidenote: those dirty little goblin-like fvckers must be one of the most annoying video game enemies I have encountered so far. Fcking hate them lol.

15. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    am i the only one whose Bow on Kay doesn't autofire? all the other weapons autofire except the bow.. which is kind of sad, since the katana/ bow was the most badass combination i could play.

16. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    #136 LordShad0wz, Oct 29, 2015
    Oh no. You misunderstand lol. I hate. Hate free to play. Look up my posts all over this site. I will always purchase a premium game over a free to play game anyway and I absolutely will not play games with energy. But for some reason with this game I just feel I needed to give something back. I don't feel I have to spend money. I actually wanted to give the Devs something. To be honest the chips and cash I purchased are sitting there I didn't even use them lol. If they released a premium version I'd purchase it hands down.

Billy

17. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    I just posted about it. I died in mission 3 lol. I was like hey wait nothing's happening oh crap dead. Lol

18. nkx

nkx Well-Known Member

May 9, 2015
    Thank you you guys did a fantastic job on both games I'm just one of the old timers that loves premium over IAP that's all. Any plans to ever have a unlock all feature

19. AL3X83

AL3X83 Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2012
    #139 AL3X83, Oct 29, 2015
    Umm lots of people bought the premium version to the first game, me included. That's not the problem, the problem is that after so long people stopped buying it because they already bought it or they were to cheap to buy it, so they switched the pay model. Go look at the forum for the first game and see how many people were really ticked off when they switched the model. At least they compensated every one who paid for the game with $50 dollars of the gold bars and 5million in game coin currency.

20. nkx

nkx Well-Known Member

May 9, 2015
    #140 nkx, Oct 29, 2015
    I'm not mad at the devs it's just sucks that in order for anyone to be successful f2p is the way to go. Anyways it's just my personal opinion I'm glad that the game is liked and the devs are doing great