Universal Dead Effect 2 (By Dualcarbon)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Oct 28, 2015.

1. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Sidestepping a zombie lunge while swinging your katana is the most satisfying thing ever. :)

2. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    The Boss fights are the main parts with significant scare factor in the first game, but it loses the scare on your next playthroughs since you know what will happen. Still, these sequences are fantastic to experience. Im guessing it wont be different, even improved, in this sequel.

3. Rain1dog

Rain1dog Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2010

O really?? That type of game?

4. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

I tried the three characters, and so far I like Kay the best.

5. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Swinging katanas in a zombie game in a spaceship while using "force powers" is just AWESOME. :D

6. chief78

chief78 Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    Agreed. Been playing with Kay and having a blast. This game is pretty well done, and the graphics are solid.

7. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Hmm... i needed to take a break, but before i decided to do so the game crashed. Details below. Im sure the Badfly doods can check it.

Beginning of Chapter 3, during the mini-quest Minikin asked, where you need to sync data with a terminal. Was playing with the terminal right beside the one for the objective, and while navigating through the messages the game froze.

Other than that, from what i've seen, this is GAME OF THE YEAR MATERIAL.

8. subgenius

subgenius Well-Known Member

May 30, 2014
    Devs - Is there any way at all you'd consider removing the constant internet connection requirement? My main gaming time each day is during a long commute, and those of us in that situation are basically unable to enjoy games that require internet connections. This requirement is a complete show stopper.

If I promise to buy $20 of IAP on day one, will you remove it ;)

9. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Im pretty sure keeping the Internet Requirement will save more than $20 in IAPs from other users. It's a bummer that it has to have the internet connection requirement, but if it's something that makes sure Badfly gets paid for their efforts, then by all means, they deserve it.

Im throwing in $10 in a bit, but im unsure what to buy for it coz i dont want to get overpowered too quickly.

10. Zeillusion

Zeillusion Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2013
    Can't wait to play this bad boy later! Been waiting forever. Huge fan of the first. Such a great day for releases. This, slashy hero & neo monsters have my heart for this week.

11. Rain1dog

Jul 31, 2010
    Ok, this game is freaking AMAZING so far!!! Stunning looking and controls are spot on!!

12. Rain1dog

Jul 31, 2010
    Guys... How do I see threads with spoiler alerts? I can never read the greyed out parts.

13. tobidayao

tobidayao Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2013
    Philippines
    downloaded it through my phone (5s), install size 1.7GB

14. tobidayao

tobidayao Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2013
    Philippines
    Yeah, same reason why I still prefer and have Dead Trigger, and Dungeon Hunter 4.

15. ashmike3

ashmike3 Well-Known Member

May 15, 2014
    How do you sell equipment?

16. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Now I need to obtain a mobile device with more space.

17. Fangbone

Fangbone Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    Really good so far. Ran into a possible bug though. Right after you finish the introduction and you meet up with Danette (I think that's her name) the screen went black and I was kicked back out to home screen. Started the app back up and was able to get past it after that. Playing on iPhone 6 with iOS 8.4.1 if that helps.

18. Freeway82

Freeway82 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2008
    #58 Freeway82, Oct 29, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2015
    I will never get any sort of inapp purchase ever in a game that requires a constant connection to play no matter how fun or nicely made the game is.

This is not because the devs do not deserve it, they absolutely do but there is always this inner feeling I have that the game does not belong to me but someone else. Irrespective of how much I pay playing it

Any day the server is disconnected is the day I cease to access the game and my purchases become worthless.

I don't know about others but I pay to own my games and not for a privilege to play the game for as long as it exists.

Same reason all my PC and Console games are on disc and no digital copy.

To those who are playing the game, enjoy it. I will never support such gaming practice.

Why not run the games like Onlive or whatever it was called and spare the players the hassle of downloading gigabytes of games which eat up memory and that can only be accessed when the dev wants it.

I am off to play somethin else that does not connect and disconnect me every 2 seconds.

19. Rain1dog

Jul 31, 2010

6s plus game is zipping right along for me

20. djstout

djstout Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Sportscaster & football (soccer) coach
    Taiwan & Japan
    Internet connection requirement will actually stop me from playing it that much as I can only use up to 7GB a month and I don't want to use it all because of a game