Universal Dead Effect 2 (By Dualcarbon)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Oct 28, 2015.

1. oldsnake

oldsnake Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2012
    Male
    Impiegato
    Bologna italy
    With an iPhone 6 The Setting Should be "Extreme" with Bloom "on"and every Other Effects at MAX.if Crashes,and From Extreme You Change to Medium,or Low,without Bloom,there something Wrong.

2. fulcizombie

fulcizombie Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2011
    Meh, after the high praise I gave it in this thread when it was released, I have abandoned it . It caters way too much on iaps making the game stupidly difficult . These turret bosses are some of the worst in a fps ever, they are annoying and you don't need technique or practice to beat them, just keep paying for cubes (or whatever they are) to have some continues . I'd rather have an app that costs 10$ and doesn't adjust its gameplay to be like an old arcade machine . If implosion can sell gungbusters then I am sure DE2 would have done the same .

3. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    That's where the problem lies. You rely on tanking the damage and keep reviving which is, in all honesty, pretty stupid. I bet if Fallout 4 had a premium currency that could revive you that's what you'd be doing. :D

In fairness though, the game does ramp up a bit. Im playing on Hard difficulty all the way, and at one point (last stage in the first half) i had to shift down to normal difficulty. I actually farm survival mode for XP in insane. ;)

4. oldsnake

oldsnake Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2012
    Male
    Impiegato
    Bologna italy
    Turret Are Difficult? Come on! You don't have to "Continues" if You Feel them Difficult,play The Same Level Some Time against The Turrets,Finding The Best Spot For Take Them Out.

5. fulcizombie

fulcizombie Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2011
    Sorry I didn't phrase it correctly , I mean these flying security's spheres . The end boss after the countless portals is unbeatable, at least for me .

6. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    That's the boss i meant that i had to drop the game down to normal mode coz hard mode was kicking my butt. It's easy to avoid getting hit with that much pillars to hide from. Make use of the slow powerup if you have that coz it gives a lot of easy-trade-win damage. Devastation does a decent amount of damage.

And that's not the last boss, killing that sentry is halfway through the game.

7. BadFly_Interactive

BadFly_Interactive Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2014
    Game developer
    Brno, Czech Republic
    New update announcement

Happy Monday everyone! Hope you had a wonderful weekend!
    Guess what - A NEW UPDATE IS COOKING.
    As you'll be taking your Thanksgiving turkey out of the oven and stuffing pumpkin pie into your piehole, we'll be roasting and basting a huge chunk of new content for Dead Effect 2.
    In about two weeks, you'll be able to get your hands on a number of awesome new levels and more cool weapons and finally get through that bloody level 7, if you got stuck (so sorry about that, guys). And that's just the tip of the iceberg. More details coming soon.
    Stay tuned and have an excellent week!

[​IMG]

8. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Fantastic news is fantastic. :)

9. BadFly_Interactive

Dec 25, 2014
    Game developer
    Brno, Czech Republic
    Hi, this is definitely useful, we'll try to optimize the game for the new update so that stuff like this doesn't happen. It's not fair for you having to play on Low when your device is capable of so much more!

10. gonif

gonif Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2013
    Just tell us the "Sentinel of the Death" is nerfed.

11. BadFly_Interactive

Dec 25, 2014
    Game developer
    Brno, Czech Republic
    We'll see about that. :)

12. raven1370

raven1370 Member

Jun 2, 2015
    So much grinding. Really? I have to go up two levels for story part 2. Why are you taking the fun out of the game. I don't want to replay missions and do survival for hours just to advance in the story. You were able to take the fun out of a fun game. Congratulations

13. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    For me the shoot/slash-zombies-all-day is pretty fun as it's done right here, but you have a point that the level up system gets in the way of having a seamless experience in the game's story mode.

To be honest, it's the reason i am still not done with the game's story mode. I still have to play the arena-ish zombie shooter game a few times just to be able to play a new chapter in story mode.

14. BadFly_Interactive

Dec 25, 2014
    Game developer
    Brno, Czech Republic
    Hey guys! We are planning to optimize the level-up system a little bit in the upcoming update, so hopefully you'll be happy with the outcome. :)

15. BadFly_Interactive

Dec 25, 2014
    Game developer
    Brno, Czech Republic
    Update submitted for review

Hey everyone!
    Just wanted to update you on the status of the update - we've just submitted the new build to the App Store for review, so once it's approved (hopefully it won't take longer than a week), you will be able to enjoy brand new levels, guns, gear and gore :)

[​IMG]

16. BadFly_Interactive

Dec 25, 2014
    Game developer
    Brno, Czech Republic
    Black Friday sale in the shop!

Hey everyone, we've got 50 % off EVERYTHING in the game shop, if you've been contemplating the purchase of that beautiful weapon or cool gear, now's the time!
    The sale ends on Sunday midnight.

[​IMG]

17. Duivs

Duivs Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2013
    Guess what? Classified.
    Classified.
    Why is this thread not as active anymore?

18. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    #278 Exact-Psience, Dec 6, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2015
    Personally, im waiting for the update. The grind was getting a bit too strenuous i decided to pause for now.

Sproggiwood is currently keeping me busy, along with a few i play in lesser bursts.

I've spent $15 on this, but i feel like i've got my money's worth off of it already, but im not yet ready to abandon what i think is potentially one of the best FPS available on iOS. I want to see the game through and more, but im waiting on the update which balances the XP grind to continue on with the story.

Playing 30 runs to level up and unlock the next story mission can admittedly get tiring.

19. BadFly_Interactive

Dec 25, 2014
    Game developer
    Brno, Czech Republic
    Update on the update

Hey guys!

Our update is still waiting patiently in line for review at the App Store, so we thought we'd at least give you an overview of what you can expect.

WHAT'S BEEN ADDED:
    - new story missions that conclude the second part of the story
    - a new bossfight in the last story mission
    - a new game mode called "Lone Wolf" with new missions. The player has to complete a specific objective against the Delta Force soldiers.
    - a new map for survival and biohazard modes
    - several new melee weapons
    - a daily bonus that increases the reward for the daily mission for each consecutive day of playing
    - new gear sets (mythical and legendary)
    - new types of upgrade codexes (loot bonus, XP bonus...)
    - new bonus items - including a LEVEL UP item that instantly increases the player's level
    - visual feedback for weapon level-up

WHAT'S BEEN FIXED:
    - experience required for level up has changed - leveling up is now faster
    - the mission summary now allows checking unfulfilled achievements
    - wrong inventory icons for skins of several weapons fixed
    - weapon fine-tuning
    - mission 7 is now optimized and divided in two parts to prevent the freezing issues
    - various crash fixes
    - a lot of fixes for minor bugs and problems reported by the community

Fingers crossed the App Store approves the update real quick! :)

20. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

Do you plan on adding full support for HDMI out?