Universal Dead Effect 2 (By Dualcarbon)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Oct 28, 2015.

1. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    It's not a paywall, but it encourages you to play the other modes. The story stages dont really give a lot of xp or cash in proportion to the amount of time you complete the stages.

Tap on the bottom-middle of the screen to bring up the items and status menu. It defaults to show the items, but you can tap the very transparent (IMO they need to be more visible) icons right beside the items icon.

2. Espekayen

Espekayen Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2011
    Hertfordshire, UK
    Playing this on my 6s Plus with maximum effects and it runs smooth as silk. This is the best looking game I've ever seen on iOS. Loving it.

3. subgenius

subgenius Well-Known Member

May 30, 2014
    While I'm still hoping for a way to play this on the train someday, I am really enjoying it at home this weekend.

One thing I'm digging is the strong feel of familiarity I'm getting between this and system shock 2. The computer noises, the music, the crew logs, even the ship and science logos remind me of trioptimum and the Von Braun. The mission font is also very similar. Have these guys ever said they drew inspiration from SS2?

4. DarkPhoenix

DarkPhoenix Active Member

May 15, 2013
    Just ding lvl11 and seems like there are still new story line missions, so any idea how long game is?

One more question what weapon are you guys using? I am thinking about purchase to buy same premium weapon because they looks awesome. So any idea which is the best?

:rolleyes::eek:

5. sakara214ever

sakara214ever Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    Love this game but as of now there are too many crashes making it unplayable and irritating.

6. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Try lower the video settings. Turning off bloom alone can possibly improve stuttering on slower devices, and on faster ones could be enough breathing room for the hardware to keep up with.

7. sakara214ever

sakara214ever Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    Thank you!

8. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    #208 Exact-Psience, Nov 1, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2015
    The last mission in the first set was sooooo intense! I love it!

I just unlocked the second storyline missions, and the thumb reader (the one with the messages and lore in it) in the secret base says im already at 9+ hours. I've only spent $5 so far, but im planning to sink in An additional $10 coz im really enjoying the game and unlocking the second part tells me im only halfway in with 9 hours spent. :)

I hope Bioshock comes back already, but im confident in saying this has replaced Bioshock for me as my favorite FPS on iOS, especially since this has tons of replayable modes compared to Bioshock, even though Bioshock still has the better story and map structure. Being a native iOS app gives a huge edge to DE2 in terms of visuals though, and a very respectable indie dev group gets insta love from me. Badfly definitely did a fantastic job at this game.

Would like to see stabilization updates to this great game, to make this game perfect.

EDIT: Adding this pic... 9 hours in, 55% completion. :)

[​IMG]

9. brothamannp11911

brothamannp11911 Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2011
    Thanks for the update, EP! I've gotten just a little play on it, but loving the way you can upgrade and change based on each X character... A great level of customization.... Plus the extra general missions, etc, add so much depth and challenge.

Love to see a double tap to turn around, Bad Fly :D

also, does anyone else miss gritty graphics? This is beautiful, but man, I miss FPSes with DooM grit... Everything gets so polished these days... Again, not nknocking this game :D

10. Kenan2000

Kenan2000 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2013
    Now I'm not gonna miss Dead Space mobile,very good game,especially with all these ultra-human magical abilities JUST like in Bioshock and Mission Europa!4 stars for now cause I have not gotten too far yet.

Anyway,anybody knows how to equip armor and implants and stuff?I'm still trying to complete level 3 at hard and it whoops my butt.

11. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    After you beat level 3 all will be revealed. Just beat level 3 :)

Billy

12. Kenan2000

Kenan2000 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2013
    Thanks,mate.

13. stolenlogic

stolenlogic Active Member

Sep 25, 2013
    I loved dead space. I've played through it probably 4 or 5 times. But this is a close 2nd in my book

14. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    I wish there was some sort of arena that you could level up in instead of grinding older missions.

Also I was wondering, I chose he katana/bow guy. I really don't like the way the bow works in the game. Can I use a regular gun effectively?

Billy

15. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Yes you can.

16. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    One of the modes is a survival arena. ;)

17. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    This game is fantastic! Not only could i buy and equip the katana while playing as Jen? (i can never remember her name) but i played the survival mode vs zombies in a closed space.

It is excellent. The only thing is, i still havent found how to sell extra weapons. I can sell my old armor but weapons, it's just not showing "sell"

18. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Weapons cant be sold.

I think it makes it easier to manage than to calculate selling prices considering there are tons of upgrades for each weapon.

But hey, this makes the weapons perfect for a collection. ;)

19. BadFly_Interactive

BadFly_Interactive Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2014
    Game developer
    Brno, Czech Republic
    New update

NEW UPDATE is out! Available on Google Play now, for iOS users after App Store approval. What's new then?

We're still working on the freezing issue at the loading of the first mission. We've fixed the loading system which should help, but for some devices (especially Moto G 2nd and HTC One M8) the problem still persists. We'll inform you as soon as we manage to work it out. Sorry about the inconvenience!

Levelling system modified - now you can progress faster and collect more credits

More unique weapons - added to the store right from the beginning of the game

Unique item prices dropped - as well as the price of the ability reskill

Fine-tuning and balancing of individual weapons and their properties

New mythical gear set - added in Level 12

Reported bugs and issues fixed, crashfixes and fine-tuning

Minor optimizations based on reported problems

20. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    Really?

Man this game just keeps getting better and better. I guess I haven't made it far enough yet to unlock it.

Billy