Universal Dead Cells (by Motion Twin & Playdigious) [TA GoTY 2019]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Aug 27, 2019.

1. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    You shouldn’t. It syncs just i havent checked if its icloud or gamecenter...

2. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Going into the last boss on BC1 I felt like a god with 3 full health potions and full health and pretty decent gear. I loved my explosive crossbow!

Yet I died like a dog....my puny body was nothing.

Attached Files:

3. pathogen541

pathogen541 Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2016
    Im getting good enough to the point that I think I can go back and do some more BC1 runs. I have been training with the shield, as I swear that will be my key to avoiding ridiculous damage in BC1. I love the rebound shield and the blood shield, with the Assault Shield being my favorite thus far. Im still deciding on the best mutations for BC1 and have found a new use for the Ripper mutation; pair that with the quick bow, or bow and endless quiver, and watch the bonus damage stack up. YEEEET. PS: The hunters grenade SUCKS. I really REALLY hate trying to use that thing. Finally got Phaser to drop but it took me like 4 tries due to continually dying before the extractor could finish it's job. Anyone have any tips for using the Hunters Grenade more effectively?

4. pathogen541

Jun 19, 2016
    Hey, im a part of the discord and asked this same question, their response was basically that they are working out any bugs and working on getting performance stable across all iDevices before they work on Rise of the Giants. In other words; it will be out when it's out, no release date, but they confirmed again, that it is coming to iOS. That much we can be pumped about. Until then, we will just to be patient....... lol

5. quangvietnguyen

quangvietnguyen Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2013
    let's hope so haha, i'm just a bit worried by any chance that Binding of Isaac case will happen again

6. pathogen541

Jun 19, 2016
    As a person that purchased BoI: Rebirth and waited endlessly for ANY additional DLC to come to iOS.... I feel your pain.

7. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    New update out, with XBOX One and PS Dualshock support ahead of iOS 13 release tomorrow.
    Also other little QOL enhancements, like X bar dimmed.

Still dying in BC4 tough....reached the Hand 3 times but easily slaughtered.
    They don't call it nightmare mode for nothing.
    At least I read BC5 is same difficulty as BC4.

Regen is MANDATORY, still debating what's best for the other mutations.
    I would also say beating the Clock Guardian without a shield in BC4 is impossibile (too bad I find everything else easier without a shield).
    I get close but when the third phase starts I'm not good enough to avoid all those shurikens.
    And of course you don't want to waste ANY of the 5 potions till the Hand because.....reasons....

Talbs likes this.
  8. archinerate

archinerate Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2014
    Anybody else has a sound issue in game? Its like sound is stuck and repeats in a short 2second loop. It sometimes happen and if I force quit the game it goes back to normal.

9. Maven

Maven Member

Dec 2, 2008
    iPad Pro 12.9 3rd Gen 1TB 6GB - Performance still stinks

10. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    Can someone check that? I'm sick of how this game performs on my antient iPad Air 1st gen so I'm going to buy new iPad today. I'm thinking about iPad 2018 6th gen, which should be an improvement of my old device. I like iPad Air 2019 more, but it's almost twice as expensive. Any thoughts? I'm leaving for a shopping center in about an half an hour.

11. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    If I understood your question....yes the game syncs on all your iOS devices, provided you are logged into each of them with same credentials.
    I hop from iPad to iPhone and vice versa all the time without any issue (of course you must be connected to Internet/iCloud).

12. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    #292 macplash, Sep 19, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2019
    @Pitta ok, I did set up my new iPad, but my progress is not synced. Do I have to do anything else? Manually? It downloaded the game from cloud, but all I got is an option to start new game.. I got both iPads next to each other, so how can transfer the save file manually?

EDIT: alright, I see the problem. I got 2 backups now. From old iPad and from new one. Dead Cells is approx 500kB big in old backup while only 9kB big in backup from new iPad. Now how do I sync that? I want to factory reset the old iPad and put it in the closet. But I don't wanna lose progress from this particular game. Ideas?

13. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    You are mixing two things up.

One thing is to restore old backup onto new iPad.
    How did you backup old iPad? ITunes our iCloud?
    Any method...you should do a restore on new iPad (should ask you when you first turn it on).
    Doing so new IPad will have all the content of old iPad, including Dead Cell save.

If you are setting up new iPad as brand new, just install Dead Cells and if you log into Gamecenter and iCloud (BEFORE starting up the game) with same credentials as old iPad, the save should sync.

14. fatkit

fatkit Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2013
    I do as well, hope the dev fix it asap:)

15. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    #295 macplash, Sep 19, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2019
    Well, I did set up new iPad from backup actually, pretty much everything works just fine except Dead Cells. I didn't upgrade the version, could it be the problem? Anyway, I got sick of gow unnecessary complicated it is. Like how difficult would it be to just sign in within the game or sync progress manually with a button.

I made a new backup file on an old iPad, manually. I did reset my new iPad again to factory settings and right now I'm restoring from iCloud, again. So we'll see.

Anyway, still pretty stupid if anything is screwed up during the process there's no solution. Like the game created new data file on new iPad and there's no way to get an old one? That's just wrong.

I'll edit this when it's done to let you know.

EDIT: alright, worked like a charm this time. Finally synced!

16. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Yeah I had this happen once.... out of the.... however many hours I've played so far.
    And it was just one of the sound effects that kept looping. I didn't even know it was an issue until it had been playing for a few levels and then I noticed it while at a shop.
    <shrug>
    Since all it takes is a restart, and you can save anywhere, I.... didn't think it was a big issue.

Buuuut... something that IS worth making a big deal about?
    I FRICK'N BEAT THOTK ON BC1!!!!
    But that's not even what I was most excited about on that run - right before The Hand, in High Peak Castle, I didn't take 1 hit. Granted, it did take me about an hour to get through the stage as I was basically just picking enemies off one-by-one (many with multiple attacks using my detachable head).
    =D

17. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    Holy $@=#, this game looks gorgeous on better hardware. Higher resolution is evident. Everything's so crisp and detailed. Even the font and all text is suddenly so clear. Colors are gorgeous. And most importantly, it's so smooth now.

Instead of focusing on gameplay I was just amazed by all that beauty and differences and because of that I died in Prisoner's Quarters! That's the first. I need to adapt.

Ayjona likes this.
  18. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    Controller support that doesnt support the cross buttons for movement??? Every other game i tested had it.
    No touch screen cross pad option, and neither on controller, -and no word from the devs- i kind of regret double-dipping.
    As it is, i find it much better to open Dead Cells through remote play on my PS4 and play with the controller...

19. BlueTrin

BlueTrin Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2012
    Any tips for BC 3 ? Conjunctivitis was really hard core ...

20. BlueTrin

BlueTrin Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2012
    Finally 4BC

Ayjona likes this.