Universal Dead Cells (by Motion Twin & Playdigious) [TA GoTY 2019]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Aug 27, 2019.

1. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    #241 Pitta, Sep 12, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2019
    Wish me luck guys.
    Took really the best of my skills to gather that many cells.

[​IMG]

EDIT: I just did it!!!!!!
    It’s soooooooooo rewarding pressing invest in the forge for tens of seconds and hear the ‘THUNG!!!!’ unlocking better and better chances at finding advanced items.

Talbs, Skall and ste86uk like this.
  2. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Congrats! I’m still playing normal....I’ve cleared a few levels without being hit in BC1 but come back to unlock more options which helps a lot. Sometimes I just get things I’m trash with and struggle.

3. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    @Pitta congratulations. I myself cleared the Ramparts lately without being hit a single time on BC1 and entered the Black Bridge with almost hundred cells for potential investment afterwards. Boy was I wrong! Concierge kicked my ass terribly, I lost all the cells and went home empty handed. Well, maybe next time... :)

ste86uk likes this.
  4. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    I’m actually still in the same run, in front of the Clock Guardian (which since BC3 is my nemesis).
    4 potions left but I’m not too confident.
    Just 120 cells tough.
    Now I always (100%) find + items, and have 50% to find ++.
    To find gold items I need just 8000 cells :p
    I can forge them, but it’s very expensive.

Dead Cells is the gift that keeps on giving.
    I’m STILL finding new things after maybe 200 hours, and I can’t get enough of it.
    Also, the port still amazes me....it’s incredible how it plays, still can’t believe it.
    I feel sorry for other action games...

Talbs and ste86uk like this.
  5. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    So BC1 is still kicking my but (yet I cant seem to put it down).

Should I go back to the easier mode, save cells, and just use after a boss to upgrade my pick ups?

I think right now, 15% of the weapons I find are +. Didn’t know if grinding a little to up that % would be helpful.

6. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    @jpgold I don’t think it matters. Play the difficulty that is challenging enough to keep you interested. I got 100% weapons I find of + quality and playing on Normal won’t unlock anything else for me. I’m forced to play on Hard because there’s nothing else to do. Unfortunately I’m struggling on BC1. Concierge is giving me a hard time. Once I find a way to beat him comfortably, everything will be easier. Until then I have to deal with frustration of losing cells.

7. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    And are you glad you got 100% of weapons...?

I ask, bc I restarted specifically in order to not get 100% of weapons tyvm #rofl

8. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    What I meant was I got upgraded the feature at collector that 100% of weapons I find will be + quality (the first out of 3, for 1000 cells)

I’m nowhere close to have 100% weapons. Well, according to that guy keeping stats of everything I have 45 weapons which is more than a half I guess. But I understand what you mean. There are weapons I wish I didn’t unlock but it doesn’t matter. If I’m not satisfied with what I found during the run, I just start over.

Quoad likes this.
  9. pathogen541

pathogen541 Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2016
    I have a new found love and appreciation for shields, primarily the assault shield. It has proven to be my best friend in BC1. If i can line up shoving dudes off ledges and to their deaths, beautiful. The fact that I can dash and parry at the same time makes the assault shield my go-to shield if its available. id love to unlock that shield in the clock tower tho.... that reflect all the damage back I believe? Anyone gotten that one yet? Those tower bells have been a pain.

10. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    Yeah.

In save 1, which I binned #rofl

CBA so far on this save, though learning shields is on my to do list...

11. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    I noted that the person who pulled off the 5BC untouched run used a shield.

pathogen541 likes this.
  12. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I got the clock tower shield, haven’t unlocked it yet though just got the pattern for it. So irritated just as I made it through the ossuary untouched to get hit right at the end once and lose my bonus door.

13. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    Sure. I had to commemorate the moment by making a short video :)

14. pathogen541

pathogen541 Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2016
    that video was why I tried them. With the higher BC, it seems almost kinda necessary to get good with them. Considering one hit can literally almost clear your whole life bar, being able to deflect and do whatever % extra damage after a parry seems like it would be pretty huge. @Pitta any tips for not sucking when going BC1+

15. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    Actually I used the shield in BC0 and BC1.
    Then I unlocked so many things I tried them and eventually managed to BC4.
    THAT said....I’m now absolutely convinced that Clock Guardian in BC4 is impossible in BC4 without shield (I just lost 300 cells against her...AGAIN, for like third time in 2 days....and believe me....arriving there is no joke either).
    When she starts throwing the shurikens everywhere....I can jump and roll to avoid all of them but not consistently...and just one hit is 10K damage (not to mention half malaise bar....so 2 hits is game over)
    She has sooooooo many HP the fight takes a ton...and eventually I do a mistake.

So, yeah to shields imho.

I have just to start using them more, to find them more (the game imho is not really random....it cheats a bit having you finding items you see effectively in the past, for better gameplay).

As mentioned, another great killing method is having enemies fall off a ledge, with shields or bombs.
    Especially many of them in higher BC runs...because the typical enemy has a TON of HP.
    Also the devs were really nasty....you really feel BC4 like it was manually crafted.....you always find elites, invisibility wizards or bomb throwers in the worst possible places, generally all together.
    Elites in BC4 drop X+ level items, but they are soooooooo deadly.

The only ‘problem’ I see with shields is that they are often green items, and I found easier having an all blue or red build than a green one...which you should consider to maximize efficiency when you use the power ups (unless you are lucky and find colorless items).

16. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    I just found the shield I can't hold up, but it reflects bombs and arrows back to enemies, LOL. Where and how?
    In my previous run through Stilt village I realized there's a shield behind the locked doors at the very end. But there is no more key to spare. So in my current run I tried to climb the first tower and it worked. I didn't need a village key to unlock the door. With this spare key I was able to unlock those door at the very end of the village.
    I'm trying to use more shields. To get familiar with them. I made it to the 3rd elite in High Peak Castle last time. On BC1. I beat Concierge and even more easily the Time Keeper, to my surprise. 2-3 lucky parries and she barely hit me twice. Throughout High Peak Castle there are groups of enemies I can't deal with without being hit hard. It's like @Pitta said, like they're being put at worst places on purpose. I know I'm only on BC1, but the difference between Normal and Hard is quite noticeable.

Anyway, going back to turret builds is helpful. Especially with e.g. Heavy Turret I didn't have before. III-L version is approx 5 times stronger than III-S, which is sick. Well, after all these runs the game has still plenty to offer. And to achieve. I finally unlocked 5% of ++ weapons thankfully for beating two bosses, so it might make my future runs easier. We'll see :)

17. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    I see good green potential here!

D0C4BED4-4B6C-44B1-8E29-39C654B01D2B.png

18. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    Gonna go out on a limb here and venture that 300% damage given + taken is always a bold move on >0 boss cells :confused:

19. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    "Challenger rift"?

You what now?

732E7212-CA6B-4253-9E1A-A346B1C06251.png
    42FB544D-6633-49B9-A8CC-093FECDDB78D.png

20. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    Challenge rift are one of my fav things in the game.