Universal Dead Cells (by Motion Twin & Playdigious) [TA GoTY 2019]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Aug 27, 2019.

1. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    @macplash that all just sounds impossible to me! I’m lucky to win never mind without taking a hit and that’s nowhere near BC5 so yeh that must suck. But will you just instantly get it for free when we have that update or have to do it again?

I know you weren't a big fan of the bridge constructors over poly bridge but if it cheers you up the new waking dead one comes out next week and the gameplay looks good and actually different to the other bridge games. Although I’m nowhere near as experienced in them as you.

2. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    @ste86uk I highly doubt I’ll get it automatically once it’s added. I’ll just have to go through it again. I got lucky with Giantkiller XII with around 300.000 DPS plus like 2 star stats increasing damage and critical damage. Crazy. With Giant Whistle doing over 200.000 damage in one hit and mutations decreasing cooldowns of my skills I could spam that Whistle like every 3 seconds. Not to mention it interrupts enemy attack, so yeah. It’ll take some time to get this lucky again. But who knows when the update comes. It’s been added on PC around version 1.8 maybe even later which is after Bad Seed DLC, so we won’t get it before summer 2021 anyway. Doesn’t matter though. I was just disappointed because there was no mention of later version necessary on wiki. Like it’s in case of previously mentioned Bad Seed DLC and others. Well, I got over it already. It was still worth it to get at least that achievement.;)

ste86uk likes this.
  3. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    I hope you’re comfortable with those guys already because if not, these two are guarding the door to the Observatory. They’re always there, they’re not optional and they’re both holding the keys. Just teasing you so you have something to look forward to.:p

—-

Attached Files:

4. Kyle Johnson

Kyle Johnson Member

Dec 2, 2020
    @macplash Hope you can help. I'm having a bear of a time beating the Giant on 4 BSC. Have tried with tactics a few different ways (turrets, owl) but am barely making a dent. What's your preferred build for beating the giant? On a brutality run right now but am having a tough time coming up with a build that will be effective.

5. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    #565 macplash, Dec 2, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2020
    @Kyle Johnson definitely go for Survival build against the Giant. At least if you’re going for the 5th cell. I went into details about my favorite one on previous page(s), but basically it’s all about the Giantkiller. If you haven’t beaten the Giant yet on lower difficulties I strongly suggest to do so just to unlock the Giantkiller. But it’s all about learning his patterns. Aside from his frantic 3rd phase he’s pretty easy to read. The easiest way is to deal constant damage to the hands until one of the eyes pops out. And then repeat. Combination of Giant Whistle, Giantkiller and mutations that decrease the cool downs of your skills is totally OP. Just give it a try.

——
    EDIT: THIS is the post I was talking about to save you the trouble looking for it by yourself.;)

6. Kyle Johnson

Kyle Johnson Member

Dec 2, 2020
    I was able to get it with a brutality build - swift sword, telluric shock, powerful grenade. I think the thing that most helped though was a colorless shield - punishment - each parry of Giant's fireballs was worth 25k damage. That was huge. Now I'm going to get mowed down by the HOTK due to a lack of potions! Thanks for your input!

7. bx59

bx59 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2016
    Just beat the game. What a journey. Astrolab is another difficulty on its own.

And this thing. This f*cking thing.

upload_2020-12-9_4-11-45.png

Son of Anarchy likes this.
  8. pathogen541

pathogen541 Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2016
    god damn legend, beating the game. I. Still working my way through the BCs

And idk what that THING is... but I fear it already.

9. Kyle Johnson

Kyle Johnson Member

Dec 2, 2020
    Route? Build?

10. bx59

bx59 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2016
    @pathogen541 Thanks man! That thing is not something you should be fear of tbh, just a pure frustration due to his attack pattern. You'll see him in Astrolab ;)

@Kyle Johnson I've took the "classic" route. Did it with a survival build, Giantkiller + Repeater Crossbow + Ice Grenade + Giant Whistle with decent crit + frost synergies.

11. quangvietnguyen

quangvietnguyen Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2013
    How about mutations?

12. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
  13. bx59

bx59 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2016
    @macplash Yo master! Such a fun ride it was. Again thanks for motivating me, without your push I wouldn't be able to break my 1BC barrier on touch controls. Now I'm just a bitter-sad since nothing is like Dead Cells, you know. All of the games suddenly feel....boring....

@quangvietnguyen I agree with the master, Instinct of the Master of Arms is the key mutation here imho. I additionally may emphasize Dead Inside before facing with the very last boss, you may need some extra juice. Actually you can do it earlier too, since almost all of the foods will add to your Malaise on the 5BC, and you can do Necromancy to juice your HP.

macplash likes this.
  14. BlueTrin

BlueTrin Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2012
    #574 BlueTrin, Dec 28, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2020
    Had a break at 4BC. Finally bought a iOS controller and wanted to try a game with it.

Just restarted playing and forgot how hard the game is :) It looks like they changed quite a lot of mechanics.

@bx59 @macplash did you fully upgrade the forge and unlock all weapons or have you unlocked only the ‘good’ weapons for your builds ?

15. bx59

bx59 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2016
    I haven’t fully upgraded the forge, and I think unlocking all of the weapons are not a good idea since we don’t have the custom mode yet.

And... Bad Seed DLC coming in March 30!

16. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    So iOS does not have custom mode? Is that the mode where you select from one of the chutes with equipment in it?

And any word when we will get custom mode?

sorry I’ve just been out of the loop on this one for a while.

17. bx59

bx59 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2016
    We have The Recycling Tubes already (4 tubes thing you've mentioned) but no custom mode, we're not able to select any weapon as we like and Playdigious says "it's under consideration for future updates".

Talbs likes this.
  18. V Kuolema

V Kuolema Well-Known Member

Jun 30, 2011
    Canada
    #578 V Kuolema, Mar 27, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2021
    So I’ve had this game since release but due to touch controls I’ve put off getting deep into. Decided today to give it a college try. The standard difficulty is way too easy... It gives me a really bad feeling. Out of my first five runs I won 2 and the reason I lost the others was because of cursed chests... And relics? I can’t remember what I picked up but it was also cursed and since I was in the throne room it wanted 20 kills. No dice I couldn’t pull it off. All I did was only pump up brutality and take the combo modifier and a few times the undead modifier and ended up with 5k hp so even with the sometimes clunky touch controls it was a breeze. I know it’s going to get really sucky going up in difficulty though so I’m debating whether to start researching up the game or continue blind and hope I get through. Is it doable on the harder difficulty going in blind or will my life be less frustrating if I look it up?

I see the Bad Seed dlc is listed on the App Store IAP list but not yet available in game. Is the only other dlc the game
    Missing the Fatal... Falls one? The floaty sword ?

EDIT: so after playing more I’ve found that staying on the base difficulty and grinding up the bonuses and the legendary forge might be better rather than instantly going to BC1? Is that the general consensus or is it considered more of “cheesing” the game?

19. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    The Bad Seed DLC is available now (well, it's been a few hours but the site was down :p). Go, go, go!

20. V Kuolema

V Kuolema Well-Known Member

Jun 30, 2011
    Canada
    Hoping this is just a one-off bug...

EDIT: nope. Happens every time I fight MT. Sigh.

Attached Files: