Universal Dead Cells (by Motion Twin & Playdigious) [TA GoTY 2019]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Aug 27, 2019.

1. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    @bx59 that’s weird, but it looks like I don’t have them yet. I found out they should drop from Arbiters in the Cavern, but I guess I wasn’t lucky enough to get them. Doesn’t say on which difficulty though. I’m trying 4BC right now and it’s quite madness. Didn’t make it to Cavern on that difficulty yet. Btw, just yesterday I watched this guy’s video on scythe claws and he’s hilarious. I’m definitely watching his run with magic missiles. Thanks for the tip on combining them with Hakuto bow as well. I’ll give it a try for sure, if I’ll ever unlock them.;)

2. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I’m a bit foggy on the save system? It only saves when you enter a new area doesn’t it?

Do you all find it’s better speed running for the reward when you can? I usually like to explore and kill everything I can.

3. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    @ste86uk it saves when you enter/exit new door and of course in between biomes, but also when you quit the game. So after you fire it up again, you continue exactly where you left.

Also, I’m no speed runner myself. I like to explore and kill everything as well, take my time. It’s definitely more rewarding as you can get more gold, you discover more shops and whatnot.

ste86uk likes this.
  4. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    @macplash thanks for refreshing my memory, that’ll help a lot.

I also thought the same that surely exploring and killing all will reward more. Plus as you say it’s more fun to explore and find things.

5. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    @ste86uk not to mention there’s a lot of new stuff to the lore with each difficulty and new biome. And a lot of blueprints. If you already unlocked Exploration Rune, you know. If you didn’t I suggest you to do so. When you uncover approximately 80% of the map, explorer’s instinct comes into play and unhide the rest of the map. For example, this way I uncovered the secret location below the entrance to the Guardian’s Haven in the Cavern, which gives you a blueprint to the War Spear. If you manage to climb through all the spikes though. I mean, without the Exploration rune I’d never see it.;)

—-

Attached Files:

ste86uk likes this.
  6. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    Btw, here’s the map for 1.6 which I had a slight difficulty to find. Very helpful if you’re not sure which way to go...

—-

Attached Files:

ste86uk likes this.
  7. bx59

bx59 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2016
    #487 bx59, Oct 26, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2020
    @macplash Why don't you use Hunter's Grenade to unlock new blueprints tho? 0BC + Hunter's Grenade = Profit!

8. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    @bx59 what’s that one?

@macplash thank you, I don’t have the explorers rune yet. I don’t think so anyway it doesn’t sound familiar.

Here’s my current noob build, I figured tactics is easier to get back into things with.

Attached Files:

9. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    Uhm, I didn’t realize the Hunter’s Grenade gives you blueprints. I was under impression it gives you a random weapon or something? I mean, I bought it sometime in the beginning, used it twice, remember it to suck big time and never touched it again. So, I guess I need to study its description thoroughly. Also, why 0BC? A lot of stuff drops from enemies only on higher difficulty and judging by the jars I have almost everything.

@ste86uk well, sure, tactics builds are the easiest to go around in the beginning as they do most work for you, but you need to take advantage of turrets then. Ideally with perks like emitting a toxic cloud around them, shooting arrows with flame trails or generating shield. You need to keep in mind they shoot in your sight so they’re pretty useless against e.g. Conjonctivius that flies around up and down. Just experiment. Also, crossbows are slow and you have to stand still holding the button which is a disadvantage. I’d go for ice shards or fire brands. Or anything that slows down or freezes enemies. Gives your turrets a room do the shooting. Not to mention whips - they suck in general. Support your turrets with like Hakuto bow that causes bleeding or anything fire or ice related. Lastly, pick the right mutations. If you’re going for turrets that do most killing, choose mutations that decrease their cooldowns. Crow’s foot is an amazing new one for slowing down everything.

ste86uk likes this.
  10. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    @macplash I’ve just unlocked crows feet but haven’t used it yet. The whip I just had because I find it easy to use because it aims itself, I could have had a pretty great broadsword with crits on 2nd and 3rd hit but I kept the whip maybe I should have changed but figured all my stats are tactics but brutality. This crossbow is actually very fast and autocrits after the first hit as the first hit immobilises them and then it does crits on those targets so stops them coming for me anyway.

I guess I’m still getting use to everything and learning the weapons again because it’s been that long!

11. bx59

bx59 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2016
    @macplash @ste86uk Hunter's Grenade is only used for extracting the blueprints, and it can be only used once on a single run. I'd say you can unlock the vast majority of the stuff on 0BC, the things you can't unlock at 0BC is mostly caused by the lack of that particular enemy on 0BC. This official gears list is pretty awesome. https://deadcells.gamepedia.com/Gear

Here's a quick video on how to use it. The second you throw it to an enemy, it becomes "elite". You need to drop its health below 40%, then use extractor thingy.

I'd personally suggest using things like Frost Blast or Wolf Trap since you shouldn't be interrupted during the final extraction process - for 1.3 seconds to be exact.

ste86uk and macplash like this.
  12. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    @ste86uk yeah, broadsword is strong but crazy slow. It’s pretty much unusable against the Time Keeper when she’s at her final phase teleporting from side to side. Not to mention it’s scaling your Survival. I don’t think I’ve seen the broadsword with different stats than green.

Anyway, that’s why you should experiment. There’s a ton of different stuff to match everyone’s needs and preferences. If you’re comfortable with whips, you should definitely give them a genuine try. I really like lightning which is generally not popular at all. So, yeah. Make a pick. Whatever floats your boat, right?:)

ste86uk likes this.
  13. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    @bx59 oh! So you’re saying I should grab the Hunter’s grenade, bring it to Cavern and throw it at the Arbiter if I’m longing for Magic Missiles blueprint? Is that it? Cause that sounds like a plan and should be pretty doable.:)

14. bx59

bx59 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2016
    That's exactly how I got everything from Cavern, in 0BC! ;)

macplash likes this.
  15. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    @bx59 I just abandoned my current run on 4BC at Corrupted Prison and going to grab myself a blueprint then! Wish me luck.:)

ste86uk likes this.
  16. bx59

bx59 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2016
    @macplash Will be a piece of cake for you! Just don't forget to grab an immobilizer with you like a freezer or trap, and DON'T KILL THE ENEMY ACCIDENTALLY! Juuust below 40% HP.

17. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    #497 ste86uk, Oct 26, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2020
    @macplash lighting is pretty cool especially when enemies are in water.

@bx59 thanks for the tips I’ll have to see if I can get using that to get more unlocks. What does the hunters mirror do?

macplash likes this.
  18. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    Well, great tip with the Hunter’s Grenade, thanks once again! Now I’m just collecting all the missing stuff from the list you sent earlier. It’s too easy on 0BC but at least I’m having fun trying new stuff like War Spear (that I need to pick up every single time I throw it, lol) and at least I unlocked Giant’s whistle for beating him for the 3rd time which will be a great addition to my Survival build.:)

@ste86uk Before every run I check Hunter’s mirror to reveal a specific enemy holding the missing blueprint for that particular run, although when holding a Hunter’s Grenade it shows the icon above the enemy anyway, which kinda beats purpose of the mirror. But I’m not complaining. I’m just having too much fun with this game.:cool:

ste86uk likes this.
  19. bx59

bx59 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2016
    @macplash Speaking of the War Javelin...

20. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    @bx59 LOL! I mean, it’s kinda pointless to do that, but if you’ve beaten all the bosses on all difficulties and got all the outfits and whatnot, for speed running it might be fun. Until they fix it. Did you try it yourself? I’m tempted to. Just for the fun out of it.:)