Universal Dead Cells (by Motion Twin & Playdigious) [TA GoTY 2019]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Aug 27, 2019.

1. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    @macplash Nice work. I really need to get better at this again, I was doing pretty well in BC1 but then other games distracted me. When I went back and tried again I was terrible at the game so need even more practice now!

Also do you find it strange how quiet the forums have been the last few days? You’d think so many countries on lockdown it would be busier. I still have to work but so many don’t right now.

2. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    It doesn’t matter what I’m playing, I always end up back at Dead Cells in between. So I’m practicing constantly. Unfortunately there’s still no ETA on the Rise of the Giant DLC in sight, so not a lot more to achieve until then. It’s still a lot of fun to play though, having any goal or not.

I didn’t notice really. There are quieter periods in general. There were previously. Not a lot of new releases lately, mostly sales and freebies so people are playing those I guess. And since those are all older titles, there’s a lot information about them anyway, so it’s faster to google than ask in forums for help. People are on lockdown, there’s a lot of different activities available.

I’m watching a lot movies these days, binge-watched a few TV shows on Netflix and Apple TV. There are movies getting released early on digital because cinemas are out of order. Like Onward or Bad boys for life. I can get stuck on Reddit for hours too. Sometimes I’m here on the forums every half an hour. It’s not a bad thing to take a break and do something else. I wouldn’t worry about. It’s gonna get crowded here again soon. You’ll see.;)

3. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    @ste86uk see the activity on the forums today? Told you there’s nothing to worry about.;)

But what I wanted to share is I’m trying my luck on 4BC just to spice things up. Took me an hour to make it to Concierge! Right, I went through optional Prison Depths and Ossuary, but still. An hour! With 750+ cells to lose, it’s been quite an adrenaline moment to stand against the Concierge.;)

ste86uk likes this.
  4. Maslan266

Maslan266 Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2017
    Yay! I’m the only person on TA who probably didn’t get this game yet!

5. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    I mean, better late than never. What are you waiting for?:)

in the meantime: kicking Time Keeper’s ass in 10 seconds (without animations) with Tactics build that I’m showing in the end for inspiration.

Now excuse me - it’s time to play some Bomb Chicken :cool:

6. Maslan266

Maslan266 Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2017
    I don’t know! There are sooooo many iOS games I want. Hard to pick.

7. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    This one would be an amazing pick if your interested in it, it’s amazing one of the best iOS games ever.

8. ioso

ioso Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2017
    Male
    Pick it, one of the best games for ios

ste86uk likes this.
  9. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    Just bought a Switch literally just for this game. Nothing else to do and needed the DLC.

so far I’m much better my phone. The no auto attack takes getting used to.

10. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    I never use auto attack anyway and there’s so many great games on the switch make sure you check out more especially super Mario odyssey.

11. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    Finally! The last achievement I’ve been missing. Not to mention I got it on 4BC! My eagerness for Rise of the Giant DLC is through the roof now.
    —-

Attached Files:

ste86uk likes this.
  12. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    LOL, okay.. new run, first enemy:

13. chengchisang

chengchisang Well-Known Member

May 25, 2018
    This game is dead hard. I really cannot get past the second level....

14. pathogen541

pathogen541 Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2016
    Yo, howd you go from being the guy that didn't think dead cells could work on touch to being the guy that is absolutely DEMOLISHING dead cells on touch?! I can't get past the first stem cell....and Im using a DS4 controller.....

good work man. Godlike skill.....despite getting demolished by that elite..... lol

macplash likes this.
  15. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    We’ve all been there.

16. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    Keep with it. Everything will eventually click.

17. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    LOL, I went through the first few pages of this thread and boy, was I skeptical back then.:) Who would’ve thought, right? But I guess it’s all about patience, perseverance and little bit of luck I guess. I was stuck on 1BC for 200 runs! Throughout that I made my peace with the fact the game’s probably not for me, but suddenly something clicked and it’s just working for me ever since. I’m playing daily and can’t get enough of it. I’m hoping for the DLC to come soon. Fingers crossed!

18. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2009
    Trauma Nurse
    Phoenix
    On sale, I'm finally picking it up!

bx59 likes this.
  19. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    So let me get this straight. Are you saying you were holding off for 8 months just to save 2 bucks? Is that it?

20. chengchisang

chengchisang Well-Known Member

May 25, 2018
    Thanks for the encouragement, mates! I will keep hanging on!