Universal Dead Cells (by Motion Twin & Playdigious) [TA GoTY 2019]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Aug 27, 2019.

1. pathogen541

pathogen541 Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2016
    Just wait till you hit BC1. I went straight from the hand into my first BC1 run...BIG mistake. Lost all my cells from the Hand boss fight, because BC1 is NO. JOKE. Its all ramped up. Its practically a new game. New enemies, new room layouts. Etc. Its serious business. When you complete a run, don't just hop into the next difficulty, id recommend grinding out the rest of the blue prints and preparing for the insanity to come.

Also, my wife moved me from our room to the garage, that way the sound of my enemies dying wont keep her awake.....i've been hooked.

Pitta and ste86uk like this.
  2. pathogen541

Jun 19, 2016
    After you use the lance to kill the king, you then crawl back into the fountain and then start working your way through runs with Boss Stem Cells equipped. The real ending (I believe) is locked up at the end of a run using 4 stem cells...I could be wrong tho @Pitta would probably know more about that, as his skills are god tier.

3. pathogen541

Jun 19, 2016
    Dude was this on BC1? Or no boss cells? BC1 has been annihilating me.

4. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Good advice about starting the run again on the higher difficulty it was harder and I died and lost my cells but I cheated and force closed the app quickly so I still had all my cells.

5. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    Yeah, tell me about.. I just killed the Hand basically under the minute.. Where's the fun in that? I think it's time to try and use 1st Boss stem cell again, right? :) Enough with the Normal difficulty. :cool:

Btw, that achievement I got before while offline? I got it again.. Lucky me ;)

6. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    @pathogen541 Nah, no boss cells. Normal difficulty. When I got 1st boss stem cell I switched to hard and got annihilated. It was embarrassing. So I went back to Normal and just chilled. But I guess it's time to embrace the challenge and try again.:) As seen on video from my previous post, it's kinda boring without the challenge.

7. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    You can turn on a dedicated counter in gameplay options. Thumbs.

8. BlueTrin

BlueTrin Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2012
    For the ones who play on BC1 or over, do you use auto hit mode ?

9. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    I don’t use auto hit on it but I’ve gone back to normal to unlock some more tactical options as I hardly have any.

It’s great though this game just keeps on giving I keep figuring out new things and finding new things which give me new ways to play it’s just the gift that keeps on giving!

10. pathogen541

Jun 19, 2016
    I have not used auto hit for anything. I have always used "classic" mode and that has never really given me any problems. I shifted the controls around a little, and it looks like everyone kind of has their own set up. I didn’t want to do anything that would give me an outright advantage over other versions... idk that auto hit does, but I felt that it would.

At any rate, dead god, bc1.... is no joke. Those cannoneers that show up in the Promenade of the Damned are nasty.

11. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    You know nothing Jon Snow.

The spikes and new enemies in BC2-3 and 4 are INSANE.

Lost 280 cells yesterday in less than 1 minute thanks to the Clock Guardian.
    Was on the verge of shattering my iPhone on the ground.

Still....can’t stop playing ‘just another run’.

Skall likes this.
  12. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    Today’s daily run is....interesting.

13. Tucker

Tucker Active Member

Nov 14, 2009
    Good job on the review guys, it must be good.

ste86uk likes this.
  14. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    It’s amazing.

I’m finding the wolf trap extremely helpful this run I think I’ve found a new favourite thing it’s awesome with the whip I hardly get hit. Also having some fun with my newly unlocked crusher grenade/trap although it doesn’t combo amazingly well with the wolf trap but both well placed together are making elites and bosses a cake walk so far.

15. pathogen541

Jun 19, 2016
    Just had the an okay run with a crazy load out: Symetrical Lance - Dead Summon Biters, Ice Crossbow - -Victims Emit Toxic cloud,
    Sinew Slicer - %50 Damage to poisoned enemies, Crusher - Bonus damage to frozen enemies, victims freeze enemies on death. Freeze, stab, trap, repeat. Got killed on the Time Keeper tho, that lance is too damn slow to be effective against quicker enemies. Was fun while it lasted.

Last night i had about 27 "One more runs". I haven't been hooked on continually playing a game like this in a long time, probably back when I got into BoI: Rebirth, doing run after run. This game is the ultimate "just one more run" game. I mean you literally start each run picking up your sword and bow/shield and proceed to take off and kick ass. I will say this, the Forgotten Sepulchur can eat a fatty. The Darkness that kills you mechanic is a real pain in the ass.

16. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    @pathogen541 I made it to High Peak Castle on BC1 yesterday but I'm limited by my outdated device. With weapons and traps emitting poisonous gas the game's becoming unplayable for me. I need as fluid and smooth experience as possible to be able to react accordingly. So I'm afraid this is the end for me. I can play on Normal where mistakes are barely punished, but it's already boring without a challenge. Well, it was fun while it lasted. I'm sure I'll get back to it with new device later.

17. pathogen541

Jun 19, 2016
    I really hope you can get a newer device, I couldn't imagine making it that far an dealing with frame drops and the like, ESPECIALLY on BC1, which I may add, seems like a pretty drastic step up in difficulty from BC0. @Pitta makes it pretty clear that BC1-4 gets successively crazier and thus far I haven't seen anyone posting the same progress he's got going on. Hopefully you'll get a device that can get you back into it soon....

18. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    @pathogen541 funny thing is, after a few runs on Normal and unlocking like 40+ weapons already, BC1 isn't that hard actually. It felt that way immediately after slaying the Hand for the first time, but it's not the case anymore. Practice makes perfect.

BUT, this is most certainly not the way the game's meant to be played.

19. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    Which is your device?
    I’m linking your video to the devs, they surely will look into it.
    I bet the culprit are those two lanterns invisibility wizards. Kill them and you are good to go.

EDIT: just read iPad Air. Weird I’ve the same device, mine it’s more fluid.

20. BlueTrin

BlueTrin Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2012
    I use autohit because I play on iPhone X and I find the controls a bit small.

I find that autohit isn’t that much of an advantage. It will often miss or start hitting when you do not want to :)

I find BC1 not too hard with a tactics build.