Universal Dead Cells (by Motion Twin & Playdigious) [TA GoTY 2019]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Aug 27, 2019.

1. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    You can add and remove Boss Cells as you wish, no worries.
    No beat BC1....then BC2, BC3, BC4 and BC5 to see the real ending :p.

Every BC>0 feels like a new game...new enemies mix and new dungeon layouts come into play...it’s really great.

ste86uk and syntheticvoid like this.
  2. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    will we be getting the RoG dlc free like in the consoles and most importantly directional buttons?

raravan likes this.
  3. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    @Pitta what is the point of The Homunculus Rune and is there any situation I find it actually useful in? It's fun to play around with it, but.. isn't it completely useless?

4. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I just beat the hand on my first try, I tried to be sneaky using my slicer, grenade and whip while avoiding whatever attacks I could. In the end I just stood in front of him and smashed his face in with my sword as my health was far higher than his.

I made it like 5 minutes into the next run on the harder difficulty though! I think I should unlock more before progressing to that as I’ve hardly unlocked anything. Also wondering what my new found ability does with my head.

Attached Files:

pathogen541 and macplash like this.
  5. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    There's some hidden areas that have small passage ways that you can only access with your head.... you can also use it to collect blueprints and (I think) items/gold/gems....

It's also good for getting keys without having to deal with spikes/traps and scouting ahead (especially in the stage right before the last boss).

6. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Btw, at PAX I went to the Motion Twins booth and met the creators of Dead Cell! Fitting since I just got hooked on the game and have been playing it all PAX. I talked to them about the iOS version and most of them have barely played it unfortunately. Even they were skeptical the game could work on mobile but I told them it worked amazingly. The devs were really nice and we had a long chat about how much their game is loved and how they're hard at work nearly every day just making new content. They obviously couldn't spill any details but there is indeed new content in the works and they said they do want to make a Dead Cells 2 eventually. I was happy to hear that!

Anyhow, they had a lots of cool merch. I ended up buying a sweet snapback hat and vinyl EP (which is sold out online). I had them sign both of them! They also had some other stuff like an adorable plush of the main character holding a baguette (I kind of wish I bought it). It was just awesome. I even got a picture with the crew. They seemed very tired having to man that booth for 4 days but they were enjoying themselves and met many fans of their game. I'm glad they could meet people all over the world to see how much they appreciate their game. Hopefully that will give them some energy to make even more!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    While I don't use it anymore during combat (I did in BC1) because there are too many enemies and you can't find a safe place for your body....I use it to trigger special hidden switches and to grab items (you can even move traps).
    There are same places where there are mini puzzles you can solve only with your detached head, to grab special items (and in next runs the already grabbed permanent items are swapped with treasures).

BTW I'm IMMENSELY enjoying BC4.
    Insane difficulty but some places and enemy mix are really nasty and you really have to give everything.
    Best I did was beating Concierge.

Also, PRO TIP: Avoid the 'dimming lights' temple EVERY TIME YOU CAN in BC>3....it's TOO NASTY!!!

8. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    So I've restarted, and developed a slightly unhealthy obsession with at least clearing one of the bonus doors at the end of the first level on each runthrough.

It perhaps says something that every (?) single time my efforts to clear 30 consecutive kills fails, it's a controls issue.

This may be because I'm 40 and lack the brain plasticity to learn my fingers good and proper. But after a few hours' gameplay, I'd sort of hope they were getting there.

9. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    So that's what the number above the door is all about? And up to this moment I thought it's amount of souls you need to collect. Duh. I'm doing 1st stage always under 2 minutes to collect goodies behind the door No.1 and I multiple times opened the 2nd door in different stages but as I said I didn't have an idea it's about consecutive kills, lol. Well, ain't that great? After so much gameplay, there's still a ton of stuff remaining unknown.

I understand what you mean by being 40. I'm 42yo myself and finished the game already multiple times. On normal difficulty, sure. But still. It gets better with each run. And with the right equipment you'll get through the game like a breeze. Good luck!

10. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    @Pitta when exactly does the item appear here? The moment I collect its blueprint or do I have to unlock it first at collector?

I already found (rare-ish?) blueprints like Punishment using Bell Tower key or Explosive Crossbow using Gardener's keys so I'm wondering if they're already there or do I need to unlock them first.

11. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    I’m not super sure but I think they will appear in the jar after you unlock them at the collector.

The number above the doors is the number of consecutive kills without being hit you need to open the bonus.
    As it’s almost impossible to do the timed ones later on in the game, they are fundamental imho.
    Don’t worry, at first it seemed impossible doing even 10 (game requires 30 for first level, 60 for next ones)...now I almost always do the 60 one, and many times I complete first levels unscratched (top I saw was 118 consecutive kills I think).

Another funny thing....I tried for testing pourposes doing a run in BC0 (normal).
    LOL, after playing so much BC4....feels like tutorial mode.
    Nothing hit me.
    When I was playing it initially, seemed absolutely impossible.
    That’s a statement about how great the gameplay flow and mechanics are....You really improve the more you play.

12. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    I forgot....don’t sleep on the daily run mode....they grant you blueprints, generally the ones you are missing.

Also they are very fun to do.

13. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    #153 macplash, Sep 3, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2019
    @Pitta i just slayed the Hand again, got sick equipment.. So sick I didn't get hit by enemies at High Priest Castle, not even once. I lost health to spiky balls and traps, but not a single hit. It was such a pleasure. Oh, and I got achievement for finishing the game without using Ygdar Orus Li Ox or something like that. Sweet, right?

[​IMG]

It felt like I was freezing everything around me just by walking or breathing even. Crazy build.

EDIT: I wanted to post a screenshot of that achievement I mentioned earlier and it's not there. I just realized I've been playing offline today. Does that mean it's lost to me forever? I guess I won't unlock it again, if it's written somewhere in game files thus it's not gonna sync with Gamecenter again. It'd have happen already since I'm back online. That's a bummer :(

ste86uk likes this.
  14. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    You can carry on after beating the hand? I couldn’t figure out anything to do after beating him and just turned back into a blob and went down the fountain?

I got an awesome weapon from the hand I wanted to try out on things but it seemed like I couldn’t go anywhere?

15. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    This completely consumed my weekend. My wife and kids may literally kill me.

The replayability as well as the “one more run” is off the charts.

It’s challenging, but not rip your hair out difficult like a Wayward Souls. The more you play, the more you figure everything out making things a lot easier.

Just got the Ram Rune and now off to the next.

16. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    @ste86uk no, you can't carry anything. You just flush yourself down the drain, I mean, fountain. What I meant was I got this great equipment during that run.

On a different note though. Here's my fresh experience from Daily challenge run few minutes ago :oops:

ste86uk likes this.
  17. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    I may or may not be at the Clock Guardian in BC4.
    It's my first time....even if I have all X-S (not gold tough) items I feel I'll be totally demolished :(
    There is a new cool but nasty mechanic that kicks in in BC4 (
    Malaise, IN A BIG WAY
    ) and I'm already almost dead....I was saving potions for the Hand but...

Clock guardian has always been easiest boss for me, in every run....BUT BC3.
    I had to resort to the shield because I couldn't do without it (tried like a 1000000000000 times).

18. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    @Pitta yeah, so what does this mean exactly?

[​IMG]

Next 3 runs I successfully finish there will be no reward? And if so, does that count just for today or in general?

19. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    If you beat 4 new daily challenges (they don't have to be consecutive) you will be granted a prize, generally a blueprint.

20. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    @Pitta yeah, I guess getting new blueprint for each successful run did sound too good to be true. I welcome myself back to reality :)