Universal Dead Cells (by Motion Twin & Playdigious) [TA GoTY 2019]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Aug 27, 2019.

1. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    Getting killed then having to restart: Get used to it! It is going to happen approximately fifty billion more times.

Don't worry though, for a while it will feel like you're dying too quickly and not really getting anywhere, but actually you are. It's kind of a slow burn though. Focus on watching how each of the different enemies attack and then try to battle them as strategically as possible to minimize taking damage. Don't just hack and slash your way around. Learn how to dodge and parry, and really use your whole skillset. I cannot stress how important this is. Also really focus on understanding what each weapon does, and then use them as they're designed. The gear is in this game is one of the best parts because of the absolutely unbelievable variety on offer.

Eventually you'll also start unlocking new abilities and upgrades that are persistent and will help you with each subsequent run. Like any great roguelike, with each run you'll get just a bit further than the last time, both because your knowledge and skill level has improved and because your gear and abilities have improved. Before long you'll be blasting through those early areas wondering how you ever had trouble with them in the first place.

tl;dr: Just keep playing, trust me.

Also, about those things you rub… don't worry about them for now, it'll make sense eventually.

solarnya likes this.
  2. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Thanks for that. Totally get it and yes some of the. Powers I’ve had previously are now helping eg the vines.

Loving this game. Just didn’t get into it before whereas I totally am now

thanks

solarnya likes this.