Universal Dead Cells (by Motion Twin & Playdigious) [TA GoTY 2019]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Aug 27, 2019.

1. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    So all of a sudden it’s asking if I want To play a new game. My save slot is there but I cant Figure out how to play it.

Any thoughts?

2. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    I would do this (happened to me once).
    Copy the save slot on another slot, and make that active.
    On the new slot, start a new game...it will ask you which type of controls...go on...you should start on your old save anyway (at least that happened to me).
    Let me know.

Mycroft likes this.
  3. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I’ve started opening the cursed chests now they are definitely worth the curse. I use to think the yellow items were the highest tier but I’ve gotten two white items from the cursed chests that are just pulverising everything.

4. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    New York, NY
    Whew! Thanks dude....that worked.

Would have been pissed I’d I lost everything.

Pitta likes this.
  5. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    97 on stilt village, and I opened the door to the sepulchre bc I didn’t know what it was. No more kills possible! Gutted. So close to 100!

Both doors. Feels less dramatic at this point - more room for manoeuvre than on L1!

79D1797F-4A71-4A5C-9EB1-1059705077D6.png

6. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    @ste86uk white items are S which is upgrade after ++, hence yellow legendary (or L) items are still superior.. unless you're talking about completely different items I didn't come across yet

ste86uk likes this.
  7. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    @Quoad maybe it's time for you to equip cursed sword and take things to another level.. seems you're ready, so what about going for it? I dare you :)

Quoad likes this.
  8. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    IDK what that is #rofl.

I haven't unlocked much this run - tbf, that was part of my rationale for restarting. I'd unlocked a sack of shite in my first save, and none of it was making the playthrough more enjoyable.

If it's a one-shot-wonder weapon then I'd be totally up for it (one of my most enjoyable runs got swiftly and brutally ended after picking up a 300% damage given, 300% damage taken modified weapon - probably a whip? Ironically, it was a nail bed that ended me within about 3s of entering L2). HOWEVER, there are some levels that I've pretty much got to a tee (stilt village, that palace / castle, L1, toxic sewers) and others that I just can't grip for toffee.

I also need to man up and up the boss cells. I'm struggling even to clear 30 kills on L1 with one boss cell (!) Which is weak. (I could do the 2 minute run, or even settle for no door, I guess. But. You know. Obsessive.)

9. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I guess I should have taken a screenshot because I beat that run already now they made it really easy. Basically the powerful grenade did 5k damage and the crusher did 4.5k damage and a poison cloud. Never had anything going that high really until those.

10. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    Hey @Pitta how do you zoom out like this? My jars are filling pretty nice as well so if I wanted to commemorate the moment, what do I have to do?

11. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
  12. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    @Gwarmaxx and how exactly does this solve my issue? I'm trying to ZOOM OUT, not IN :rolleyes:

13. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    New York, NY
    Ok so finally at the point where I can reach The Hand on a regular basis.

I typically am equipped with one of the faster swinging swords, the Phaser, and the Powerful Grenade (or crusher).

Can’t seem to find the right timing/pattern. Any tips? Should I change up my load out?

14. Duke12

Duke12 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2013
    That time of the month?

Pitta likes this.
  15. tops2

tops2 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2011
    Don't know if the ios version is easier than the PC version.. But on my third play through on the iOS version (ipad mini 4), I somehow reached the The Hand for the first time and beat him. On the PC version, I have a hard time even getting half way though the game consistently. Maybe I was lucky..or ipad mini 4 runs slower giving me more time to react? ;)

I know there's so much more to discover, but totally feel satisfied with the purchase..especially after "beating" the game once.

16. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    #216 macplash, Sep 9, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2019
    @tops2 iOS version is definitely easier.. With auto-hitting option on and using your health flask automatically when you run out of health, yeah.

@jpgold your timing depends on your build entirely. If you're using turrets you just keep your distance.. I prefer freezing, which means ice grenades, any secondary ice weapon and perks on each weapon taking advantage of it.. The more stuff I unlock the more builds I'm trying. The only thing I'm not comfortable with are shields. Successful parry is beyond my reach. And I can't use whips. Stupidest weapons ever. I finished the game 12 times according to stats. On BC1 I can make it to High Peak Castle usually. For me the biggest challenge is Conjonctivius. So I'm trying to avoid going through Insufferable Crypt during my runs.

@Duke12 excuse me? Did I miss something?

tops2 likes this.
  17. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    I didn’t zoom.
    It’s what you see on iPhone X.

18. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    oh, didn't see the "out", LOL!!! ;)

macplash likes this.
  19. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    New York, NY
    Nooooooo!

I finally beat the hand king (went through the credits and everything) and then couldn’t figure out how to open the door so paused it. When I came back, the fight was starting from the beginning....aghhhhhhh

20. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    @jpgold LOL, bummer!
    No worries though. You did beat that SOB once, you can do it again :) Oh, and you can't open those doors.
    Your way out is through the fountain :D