Universal Dead Cells (by Motion Twin & Playdigious) [TA GoTY 2019]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Aug 27, 2019.

1. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    #521 ste86uk, Oct 31, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2020
    I mean these candles on the boxes where some shine when you go near them.

Finding lots of blueprints and got 3 costumes now, loving the throwing knife lately the one on this run spreads bleeding and it just slaughters everything in sight. My first run using the decoy which is very fun!

Added the pyro now instead of the tentacle and it’s really good too it seems, was tempted to swap it for a stronger lightning but last time I tried lightning I didn’t like trying to balance how long I use it for so I don’t loose health.

Attached Files:

2. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    Anyone else getting map issues? Had it more than the odd time since the update where it just goes blank like this and leaves me not knowing where the exit is anymore or if there’s anything left to clear.

Attached Files:

3. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    @ste86uk nah, those candles are just props in the lore rooms. No additional use of them at all, no worries.

About the map issue I already contacted the developer (like very first day the update went live) and got reply they weren’t aware of that issue and will fix it asap. They’re not sure exactly when so they’re asking for some patience. They also promised to notify me about the fix, so I guess I’ll let you know.

Skall and ste86uk like this.
  4. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    @macplash thanks for the info.

Having my first proper go at 1bc since coming back and flew through the first area pretty easily using a tactics build...I guess it’s luck on what items I get on what build I’ll try. Although sadly it’s not a zero hit run...it nearly was but apparently I’m rushing and not always spotting the invisible enemies, all new enemies for me to get use to. But already got a new item on just the first area, those owls I’ve seen you say about.

macplash likes this.
  5. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    @ste86uk well, good luck with 1BC. If you’re struggling with starting items, you should focus on defeating the HOTK on this difficulty so you can unlock Recycling Tubes. That gives you option to select from 4 different builds before every run and is a huge help. It’s not as cool as Custom mode (that we will hopefully get in the future as according to developer is under consideration), but it’s better than having no choice at all. So for now if I were you I’d focus on getting to HOTK primarily.

Also Explorer’s Rune is a big help and it reveals entire map once you uncover like 80% of it by yourself. It shows you secret areas and whatnot, so it’s a great help as well. Unfortunately, it’s at the end of the Forgotten Sepulcher and I know how much you enjoy this place. But I guess it’s worth to give it a try. I generally avoid this place too and if I don’t have to I always go elsewhere.

Lastly, with the Great Owl of War you’re in for a treat. It’s a fantastic skill and definitely a priority for every Tactics build. With right mutations and supporting weapons that freeze, slow down, cause bleeding or poison everything the Owl generally do the rest by itself. There are limits of course. But the only important thing you need to keep in mind is that it shoots only in your line or level. That means if you’re in Ramparts with its 3-4 level design with lots of halls and rooms, Owl won’t shoot in a level above or below from you unless you’re there as well. There’s some wiggle room, but you can’t expect it to fly around through the walls and shoots everything for you. Other than that it’s priceless. Definitely my favorite addition to the game for Tactics builds.

Well, keep me informed how you’re doing. You got it my friend! 1BC can’t hold you back. Fingers crossed. Go for it!:)

ste86uk and Son of Anarchy like this.
  6. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    #526 ste86uk, Nov 1, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2020
    @macplash thanks for the advice about HOTK I had seen those tubes before and wondered where they come from! That would be amazing to have. I am wearing the HOTK outfit so I need to kill him to take my rightful place.

I do have the explorers rune already, I don’t usually look at guide showing which area leads to which I just try and choose different places to my previous run in the hopes I’ll unlock more.

The owl sounds pretty great then, I love trying new weapons...mostly as I am terrible with some of them. The new shield that gives you a force field sounds good though and on my last run I enjoyed the pyro skill. This run so far I’m loving the marksmans bow.

Going to be a busy day today but hopefully I grab some time to play as I’m excited to progress.

macplash likes this.
  7. bx59

bx59 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2016
    @ste86uk You got this! 1BC is where the game begins and difficulty spikes the most imho, once you clear it, the rest will become easier (!).

And this just happened. Sooner than I’ve expected.

BCE84275-3EBE-4131-9C14-F0E92F7253CC.png

macplash and ste86uk like this.
  8. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    @bx59 wow congrats! And yes I remember Macplash saying he felt 0 to 1 was the biggest difficulty spike, unsure if that’s changed for him now or not.

I haven’t had much time today sadly so only part way through the toxic sewers but cruising through without getting hit so far and I’m in love with my marksman bow, more damage the further they are away I’m pretty much 1 hitting most mobs.

9. bx59

bx59 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2016
    @ste86uk Sounds great! If you can rely on your bow, try to get a Giantkiller. Will help you a lot with the bosses. Great Owl of War is amazing, but not so useful in bosses since you’ll get that hit inevitably, keep that in mind. Also try to think about synergies, I’m sharing the poison build I’ve used when clearing 3BC below as an example. Good luck!

452B6004-B930-4CA5-A0DD-8B9BDA69A69A.png

ste86uk likes this.
  10. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    @bx59 I never did like that wave of denial but then today I seen it repels projectiles too? Where is the giant killer from?

11. bx59

bx59 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2016
    @ste86uk

-Yes, it does! But the thing with the Wave of Denial is, it can push enemies to the floor below, and that makes a ton of damage. Enemies are not so resistant to fall damage. Also you can push enemies in to the walls, that makes great damage as well.
    -You'll get the blueprint for it on your 1st kill of the Giant.

ste86uk likes this.
  12. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    @ste86uk more fun than pushing everything away using Wave of Denial skill is knocking back enemies (and especially bombs) with the Shovel.:cool:

13. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
    After switching to low resolution mode, sound loop seems to be far less frequent.
    The only downside is the minimap being hard to see unless zoomed.

14. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    Any tips for these huge birds in the corrupted prison? I’ve only met one so far and killed it without taking a hit but it took a lot of running around and dodging!

15. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    #535 macplash, Nov 2, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2020
    @ste86uk the blue ones that jumps erratically or the yellow ones that shoots fireballs? I’m playing on 4-5BC and it’s messed up. All the enemies are present basically everywhere...

But I guess you mean the blue ones. They’re easy to kill, you just need to roll behind them because if you face them, they’ll hit you with a frozen wave rolling on the ground. And a general rule for every single enemy: freeze them or slow them down first, than hit them with whatever you got. Works every time - except for those jumping dummies in the Cavern that shoots fire waves with each stomp. They’re somehow immune to freeze or something. Can’t stand those.

———
    EDIT: this birdie with arrows in its back?;)

Attached Files:

ste86uk likes this.
  16. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    @macplash yes that’s the one the blue one with arrows, sadly I haven’t gotten anything decent to slow this run. Relying on crusher, sinew trap and my marksman bow along with lightning which I don’t even like but I’m getting through.

Not looking forward to all the freaky enemies your talking about though.

17. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    @macplash now I know why you guys hate conjunctivitis! He was so hard I only just squeaked by but thankfully it had a full flask refill....he’s harder than the final boss...well I haven’t got there yet on 1bc but he seems it.

Just starting my first trip in the graveyard.

macplash likes this.
  18. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    @macplash @bx59 you guys have any advice finding this damn key in the graveyard for the gate at the end to get that blueprint?

No idea what the blueprint does but I want it, same as another one I got that I had to fetch with my head through a little maze it was a coin something but no idea what it actually did as it didn’t appear on my list as a trait or anything.

macplash likes this.
  19. bx59

bx59 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2016
    @ste86uk Are we talking about this one?

macplash and ste86uk like this.
  20. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    @bx59 yes I believe that’s it, although typically minutes after posting I found it...after looking for it last night to no avail.

macplash likes this.