Universal Dead Cells (by Motion Twin & Playdigious) [TA GoTY 2019]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Aug 27, 2019.

1. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Take a look at the front page. :p

Ayjona likes this.
  2. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Still bummed they added more customization options but no option for permanent screen rotation.

3. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Everyone should own this already but if you don’t it’s on sale, go and buy it now.

aussiepaul likes this.
  4. Bloodangel

Bloodangel Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2011
    Retail
    England
    I’m maybe one of the only ones to not have tried this game.
    It dont look too appealing. But looks can be deceiving.

what kind of game is this?

5. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    Have a look at some YouTube gameplay videos maybe?

6. Jerutix

Jerutix Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2009
    Male
    Ministry
    Oklahoma
    Picked this up on sale yesterday. Not necessarily my kind of game, so I was playing and evaluating if I wanted to keep it or get a refund. There's a 2 hour return window on Android, and I popped back into the Play Store because I still wasn't sure, then realized I'd basically played for 2 hours straight and could no longer return it.

tl;dr - This game is engrossing and definitely worth having on sale!

ste86uk likes this.
  7. Mr. Charley

Mr. Charley Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2008
    Question about ascension. When you beat the game, I have read people talk about level 1a, 2c etc. But I’m wondering where you choose your ascension level?
    I have the option to choose hard now which has less save points but is that what you consider 1b?
    Then what in the world is level 2 and where is that option?

8. Peter321

Peter321 Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2008
    Male
    When you start a new game, under alle the "bottles" with your unlocks, there's a large horisontal cylinder you can activate - there you can select 0, 1, 2, 3 or 4 "Boss Cells" (depending on your progress). Normal is 0 - when you have beaten the game once you unlock 1 boss cell - selecting this will make the game harder. Upon beating the game on the 1 boss cell level, you unlock 2 boss cells etc.

9. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    21EDD8B2-B62E-4BE4-97B1-C3E3257062FD.png
    stay frosty SV, it’s coming!

10. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    Just had the Legacy Update hit.

Talbs likes this.
  11. CrayonWarrior

CrayonWarrior Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Mar 9, 2014
    Great southern land
    Funny that the page on the App Store hasn’t updated ( Australia)
    My game does say it’s updated though

12. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    Sweet. Though what is this legacy update? Do we now have BC 5? As well as the latest stuff? Or what are we missing?
    From what I’ve read the legacy update allows us to play the old versions. No idea how but that’s just what sources say.
    But what about the stuff we had been missing that PC had for the last 6 months or so?

13. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    Gwar put a picture up just above that says about the update schedule.

This one says boss cell 5, new biomes, new bosses, new weapons, enemies, skills, mutations.

Talbs likes this.
  14. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    Lol. I see. I’m just gonna go clean this egg of my face.

thanks.

ste86uk likes this.
  15. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    #455 macplash, Oct 20, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2020
    From Playdigious official site:
    • Legacy Update: Fall 2020 – Brings all the updates up to Version 1.6. Boss Cell 5, New Biomes, New Bosses, New Weapons, New Enemies, New Skills, New Mutations…
    Here are specifics of the global 1.6 update:
    https://dead-cells.com/patchnotes/16

From there you can check Previous Update Patchnotes which should contain everything released before including the Rise of the Giant (5th boss cell difficulty in 1.2) and so on.

I’m downloading right now, so let me check and confirm. Can’t hide my excitement even though we’ve been waiting for too long if you ask me.

—————
    EDIT: okay, I just died right in Prisoner’s Quarters to some new flying enemies, so yeah, this is gonna be fun! Although I have to beat 4BC again to get new boss cell as beating it previously didn’t give me any rewards. Well, challenge accepted! :)

Also, this is new:

Attached Files:

ste86uk likes this.
  16. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    @macplash I’m nowhere near as good as you go be stuck waiting for cell 5 but new everything is going to make me want to launch the game again as I haven’t for a while.

I might have taken a while but it’s still great value for money.

macplash likes this.
  17. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    @ste86uk looks like I’m a bit rusty, LOL.. dying in Prisoner Quarters? It’s been a while. Maybe I’ll have to start slowly to match the skill I had during my prime.;) Anyway, there are new blueprints dropping from enemies right from the start, so yay!

ste86uk likes this.
  18. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    @macplash lol I’ve got that too, thinking I remember not being amazing but I wasn’t this shit! I guess you need to stay in practice for this one.

macplash likes this.
  19. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    @ste86uk well, I just destroyed HOTK on 1BC on my first play-through, so I guess it won’t be that bad. But I’m sure won’t go straight for 4BC, because there’s crazy amount of stuff to unlock. So many new weapons, mutations.. it’s like a different game. And the new enemies are crazy. I just can’t get enough of this game. I’m totally hooked again. So much possibilities in new tactics and strategies. I just unlocked the Owl of War that I read about. Should be a great addition to tactics build, so I’m just eager to give it a try.

Oh, and I totally forgot about outfits! Got like 5 during the first play-through. And judging by the amount of empty bottles at the tailor, there’s some crazy amount of those outfits just waiting to be found. How do I look in my brand new gold one? It sure is shiny!:)

Attached Files:

ste86uk likes this.
  20. Ghostdog1

Ghostdog1 Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2015
    #460 Ghostdog1, Oct 21, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2020
    I truly love Dead Cells. But i wish i would have never pushed the update button. For me the game was hell hard before. Now its impossible to win on the easiest level. This game went from best game ever to most frustrating game ever.
    I dont understand why the devs made the easiest level so much harder. They could leave it the way it was and just up the difficulty with boss cells. After trying to beat the game now, i give up after 5 hours of trying. Before i beat the game several times up to boss cell 3.
    its nice to have more weapons, mutations,..., but why did they make some enemies so much harder? This game is now only for hardcore gamers.
    Does anyone know if there is a way to get the previous version? With this update i will never like to play it again.
    Also on steam many people are angry because all updates, balancing, tweeking took away most of the fun that was in the first version. Shame on you devs.