Universal Dead Cells (by Motion Twin & Playdigious) [TA GoTY 2019]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Aug 27, 2019.

1. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    So I somehow managed to defeat my arch enemy, (Mike Wazowski’s evil sister) Conjunctivius without taking a hit. I admit I’m playing on 3BC instead of 4 because the last difficulty is just ridiculous and I’m not getting anything in return until Rise of the Giant comes. And the funniest thing, I opened cursed chest just a moments before leaving Forgotten Sepulcher so I was forced to enter the Clock room with curse above my head. Imagine my surprise my build being so strong I almost immediately went to “let’s finish this” during the fight with the Time Keeper followed by one single jump over shuriken she threw and that was it. Literally like 2 - 2 and a half seconds without animations. So, no hit taken either and another achievement earned which leaves me with just like maybe 2 more left? What a successful day! Just wanted to share my joy with the rest of you guys.

Attached Files:

syntheticvoid likes this.
  2. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Wooooo!!!
    Congrats!!!

I've been playing on BC3 too.... trying to get the last 2 blueprints that I'm missing.
    =P

I need to get back into BC4 before the update though. I don't want 5 to COMPLETELY rip me apart.

macplash likes this.
  3. Skall

Skall Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2009
    I wish i was as good as you guys

4. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    LOL. I was stuck on 1BC for 200 runs. Pretty much since the beginning. Then something just clicked and suddenly I made it through like nothing. Went from 1BC to 4BC in a week or so. I thought it’s just impossible for me to beat 1BC, especially when I saw how easy it was for others. And suddenly I’m crushing it.;)

@syntheticvoid I don’t think the difficulty can be any higher in 5BC. I’m hoping they eventually balance the difficulty so the 5BC is as hard as 4BC which was meant to be as endgame originally. Because how harder can it be? All those teleporting enemies - that’s just insane.

5. bx59

bx59 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2016
    For people who play with touch controls, what's your though's on auto-hit? Especially on harder levels? I am stuck in 1BC for a while now, and I'm starting to blame auto-hit...

6. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    I’ll take this one guys...;)

@bx59 I was playing with auto-hit option from the beginning. It makes it easier although you can’t equip bows as a primary weapon this way. The biggest advantage is probably automatic health flask consumption once your health’s depleted. But I started to struggle afterwards - in 1BC. I didn’t want to admit it might be the auto-hit option. I got advices from others to turn it off and play on manual, that it gives me more control over everything that is happening on screen.

When I finally caved and started to use manual controls, the transition was terrible. I couldn’t get used to it. It took me hours to get comfortable. But let me tell you, it makes all the difference! You can use weapon combinations without limitations and the control over your character is just as it meant to be. I would never go back. But it’s a great option to introduce the game to newcomers. It’s easier and more accessible with auto-hit in the beginning. But for more serious results and later difficulties it’s a no-go.

7. bx59

bx59 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2016
    The thing is, I do have a Gamevice and it's perfect for this game. But I also enjoy playing it with auto-hit mode on. So when I go for the "manual" mode, I can't beat the urge of connecting the controler. I'm trying to be able to play this game on the go though, so I need to get used to that manual mode. Thanks for the detailed answer, I am definitely influenced by your success with touch controls lately :)

8. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    I have all 3 major consoles at home as well so connecting a controller couldn’t be any easier for me, but I’m gaming on iPad for a reason. Touch controls is the way to go for me. That’s the whole point. I’ll never use controller for an iOS game - it just doesn’t feel right.

I’ve been playing Dead Cells on PC and Xbox way before it came to iOS but never got anywhere far in it. The worst I did was on Switch. Didn’t have a motivation I guess. And since iOS version I didn’t touch the game on other platforms once. And despite the lack of success for 200 runs, I just couldn’t put it away. All I can say is: “Patience, young Padawan.” :) There’ll be a moment when everything just clicks out of the blue and it’ll be like day and night from there. And it’s worth it.

9. bx59

bx59 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2016
    Totally agree with your approach on iOS gaming, I really don't wanna plug a controller unless it's something like GRID.

**Taking a deep breath**.... Motivation restored, here we go again. Many thanks! :)

macplash likes this.
  10. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    @bx59 don’t mention it, you’re welcome. Just keep us informed about your success the moment it happens. I’m rooting for you. Good luck!

bx59 likes this.
  11. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    Alright, now seriously. I’m getting cocky. Going against Concierge on 3BC with curse above my head and 400+ cells with II+ bow? And for the irony of it, beating him in 30 seconds?:cool:

Nah, it’s calculated. Perfect synergy between items. Everything poisons everything. On top of that my crappy II+ bow spreads inflammable oil on enemies which gives my VII-S pyrotechnics guaranteed critical hits. To spawn my towers faster I got perk that decrease their cooldown for half a second with each critical hit, LOL. Isn’t this game just pure fun?:D

Attached Files:

12. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    ...and it got even better. Now both my turrets spreads inflammable oil which grants me critical hits and thanks decreased cooldown with every critical hit, I can spawn turrets almost instantaneously. Oh, took me less than 20 seconds to defeat the Time Keeper - animations including.:D Going for no-hit HOTK tomorrow.:cool:

Attached Files:

13. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    Yeah. And I got my ass kicked without a single hit in return. It was humiliating.:D

14. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    Spamming my favorite ice shards won’t be an option once the Rise of the Giant DLC comes. Since they nerfed it. What am I gonna do? Does anyone has any news on the update? I’m getting worried it’s not coming in Q1/2020 after all.

But until then, a little casual and relaxing fun on BC3. Those elites are not what they used to be.:rolleyes::p:cool:

15. JackDerp

JackDerp Well-Known Member

Dec 15, 2015
    Playdigious said it's not coming until Android version is done.

16. quangvietnguyen

quangvietnguyen Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2013
    Yeah they did replied that they will update Dead Cells in Q1 but at this time Q1 is almost over so there is a very slim chance :(

17. I can never go this far

18. bx59

bx59 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2016
    @macplash Just curious, may sound weird but how do you hold your iPad while playing this? Are you using just thumbs to play or more fingers involved?

19. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    #379 macplash, Mar 15, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2020
    @bx59 just thumbs. Holding iPad in my hands. Nothing special.

@Makara Nou sure you can. I was stuck on BC1 for 200 runs. Then something clicked with me and I went all the way through the game. No hit and everything. Now, playing on BC3 is much more relaxing for me than BC4. I couldn’t go any lower than BC3 really because it doesn’t offer much of a challenge any longer. On the other hand, BC4 is nerve wracking and crazy difficult with every single enemy teleporting at you. There’s also no reason for me to finish the game on BC4 as of right now I can’t get anything in return, until ROTG DLC comes. So, I’m just experimenting with different builds and still upgrading the legendary forge.

EDIT: I suggest to focus on combining the right items. Like right now I’m trying Brutality build. I got a cleaver that spreads inflammable oil a gives me 5 second speed buff. So the moment the enemy is covered with oil I use ice shards granting critical hits on enemies covered in oil and/or swift sword that grants critical hits when my speed buff is active. On top of that I got mutation that decrease cooldown on my skills by 0,5 second with each critical hit (which is every single hit basically). Neat, right?

And yet, I’m currently struggling with the decision if I should jump down there right now or after lunch instead. Or not at all, because it looks like a tough one. It’s behind 3 cells door for a reason. And every enemy is buffed by that legendary weapon I’m not sure is even worth it.:)

Attached Files:

Makara Nou likes this.
  20. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    During my casual run on 3BC I encountered an Elite Bombardier whom turned out to have a twin brother, so naturally, things got hot and heavy real fast.;)

ste86uk likes this.