Universal Dead Cells (by Motion Twin & Playdigious) [TA GoTY 2019]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Aug 27, 2019.

1. quangvietnguyen

quangvietnguyen Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2013
    I asked that too, they said "We will try our best to follow and update the mobile version of the game as close to the PC versions as possible. We will be updating it in this first quarter of 2020"
    I even asked about the option to include The Bad Seed as an in app purchase, but they did not specifically mention given their reply I supposed

syntheticvoid and Ayjona like this.
  2. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I hope it does get everything the pc version have because I love having this game in my phone. It’s got to be my favourite iOS game or definitely one of.

Ayjona and macplash like this.
  3. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    For sure. It's up there shoulder to shoulder with Darkest Dungeon, Star Traders, Six Ages, Civ VI and a few other classics as my favourite iOS game (or just game, full stop) of all time!

It seems like we will indeed get all of it eventually, judging from Playdigious response to my tweets. I'm stoked for Recycling Tubes, Custom Mode, the Bad Seed biomes and new weapons!

syntheticvoid and ste86uk like this.
  4. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
  5. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    I’ve been playing Dead Cells on iOS since day one and I just realized the automatic health refill using the flask only works with auto-hit mode enabled. Did you know? I remember discussing the auto refill previously in this thread but not a single mention about it being bound to controls. Lately I’ve been trying to play with manual hit controls and I couldn’t figure out why I’m dying all of a sudden with my flask full. I didn’t find anything indicating it was changed in some of the updates - and there weren’t any in last 4 months.

Just wanted to let you know. In case you didn’t.;) With new DLC rolling out on Xbox today I’m just in to it again and can’t stop playing.

6. quangvietnguyen

Feb 1, 2013
    I just beated BC4, really hyped for the update that I check the news everyday. Hope it comes soon enough, as well as slay the spire, then my wish for mobile gaming is complete

macplash, Ayjona and syntheticvoid like this.
  7. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    I know I’m pretty lame in comparison to you guys, but I consider this a huge accomplishment (for me) so I wanted to share. Took me only 202 runs.:rolleyes: I’m still struggling with BC1 - made it to HOTK only twice, sigh. Anyway, I wanted this achievement for a long time and I’m pretty happy to finally get it. Of course I eventually died in Slumbering Sanctuary, but this just made my day. So, yeah.

Attached Files:

Anotherkellydown, sugimulm and Ayjona like this.
  8. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    Okay! This JUST happened! It might be the result of my unhealthy 6 hour a day practice playing Dead Cells for last couple of days, but after 214 runs I finally made it. I thought it’s gonna be impossible. On iPad, with touch controls set on manual, no auto-hit. And the funniest thing? With I++ sword I got from the beginning (that cannot be sold). I watched YouTube for 2 hours learning and memorizing how to beat HOTK. Took me 3 attempts. During the last one I got hit just once! My heart rate was like 180bpm. Spamming ice shards is probably my favorite thing now. It’s like playing in slow-motion.

Anyway, this is probably the biggest achievement in my gaming history. Don’t know if it counts for last 35 years of gaming across all platforms imaginable, but for iOS - definitely! I’m just happy and I wanted to share it with you guys.:)

Attached Files:

ste86uk likes this.
  9. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    Something clicked and now I’m just getting cocky.:) Going through game on BC1 like butter. Killed HOTK again, so it’s BC2 for me from now on. Oh, and my previous success defeating Concierge without getting hit? It’s like a standard stuff now - not even worth mentioning.:p:rolleyes::cool:

ste86uk likes this.
  10. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I haven’t played this since my daughter was born but your comments and progress are really making me want to play again. I was last besting normal easy and getting pretty far in BC1 without hits but haven’t beat it yet but nowhere near as good as you.

11. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    These posts motivated me haha. Been trying forever, and finally got to 3BC. I never thought I was going to get past HOTK on 2BC.

It’s like a whole new game again. 3BC is brutal.

Thanks for the kick in the ass!

macplash likes this.
  12. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    You’re welcome! I’ve been stuck on BC1 difficulty for months. Made almost 200 runs on it. Suddenly something clicked and it’s like brand new world. I guess it’s all about patience, practice and perseverance. It took so long, but obviously it’s possible. I understand there are players out there struggling significantly less than me, but I believe I wasn’t the only one having such hard time. And after finally beating the game it feels great. I’m so enjoying it right now. More than ever. And I can’t wait for the big update for iOS coming in Q1/2020 (hopefully).

Oh, speaking about BC3 - that’s where I currently am. Just annihilated Concierge without being hit again. Video attached below. I wish it was that easy with other bosses. I’m avoiding Conjunctivitis on purpose. Trying to muster enough courage to get to Insufferable Crypt and face her. But I guess it’ll come, eventually. Can’t believe just a few days ago I was still stuck on BC1 hopelessly.;)

13. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    #353 macplash, Feb 27, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2020
    So I’d like to humbly welcome myself to that elite group of few TouchArcade members to get 4 boss stem cells. I mean, that’s all we can get for now, right? The fifth cell is introduced with Rise of the Giants update which is only about to come to mobile. I mean, I didn’t beat the game on BC4 yet as it feels like impossible task ATM (seconded by the fact on BC4 I’m already dying in Prisoner’s Quarters and I can’t do anything about it - with every enemy teleporting endlessly next to me, that’s a true nightmare difficulty), or did anyone actually beat the game on BC4 here?

————————
    edit: browsing through some older comments here, @quangvietnguyen have beaten the game on BC4 obviously! So I guess it’s possible although I’m having a hard time to believe it after what I just witnessed. @quangvietnguyen if I may ask. Did you use touch controls?

Attached Files:

14. quangvietnguyen

Feb 1, 2013
    Yes I used touch control, after nearly 200 hundreds hours I put into this game though. For lower cells, I focused on melee builds with grenades but to get the job done in higher cells, a tactical build makes it easier :) If you still want to focus on brutality, just make sure you have a good shield

15. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    @quangvietnguyen thanks for the advice. I’m not a big fan of shields though. They’re hilariously helpful against the time keeper, but I have no use for them otherwise. My main focus is on Tactics build mostly, I’m especially fond of wave of denial lately. So do I get anything in return for beating the game on BC4 or should I wait for The Rise of the Giants DLC?

Also, where do I get the information on time spent in game? According to save file I made 220+ runs already, but no mention of hours there. I’m curious.

16. quangvietnguyen

Feb 1, 2013
    Beating BC4 yields no return as BC5 is only available in updated versions, which reveals the true final boss. I'm dying of waiting for the ios update right now, it's almost March and still no news.
    As for playtime, I looked it up in screentime in settings (the settings app of the phone) as a rough estimation, and I just summed it up :D

17. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    @quangvietnguyen well, you wrote earlier the update was confirmed for Q1/2020 so there’s not much time left. It might come any day now. Unless there’s a delay. Maybe contact them again?

Yeah, I checked my screen time, but it goes back for 10 days only. Still shows 39 hours though. I’ve been playing it a lot lately, obviously. Anyway, thanks for clarifying. I’m gonna wait for update then.

quangvietnguyen likes this.
  18. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    New York, NY
    Holy crap....finally made it to BC4. Would have been a dinner if I took one more hit. Very intense.

Question....do you have to be at a certain BC level to obtain certain blueprints?

Meaning, can I just play through at an easier level if I’m hunting around areas I don’t normally go to in hopes of finding any missing blueprints?

19. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    @jpgold I’d forward you to official wiki about the game. Although there’s multiple of those. There are specific blueprint descriptions including what monsters they drop from and on which difficulty. If I remember correctly that’s how I’ve been chasing Phaser blueprint for quite a while.;)

20. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    New York, NY
    Awesome thanks