Universal Dead by Death: Dungeon Quest (by Wei Shi)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Feb 22, 2017.

1. w3ishi

w3ishi Active Member

Jan 20, 2016
    Hi, ColeDaddy:
    I can guess which one you haven't got in level 2-3. Some hidden items are a little bit hard to find out. May be you can play other levels first and when you have time you may find these hiddens for interesting. There's a little hint in attachment;)

Attached Files:

2. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    #82 ColeDaddy, Mar 14, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2017
    That was the missing one! Please send me a screen shot of the third missing one in 2.4, please. Also, I am encountering the same issue, I complained about before:
    I can't progress beyond 2.4.

My workaround before, when I couldn't access the earlier level in Stage 2, was to delete the game and reinstall. This worked, but I list y all of my progress, weapons and coins. I don't want to do this again. Please advise.

EDITAttached is a screen shot showing that I can't progress to level 2.5 despite having completed all the levels and gathered all the requisite items. I know the latter isn't required in order to progress further, but I have no idea why I can't move forward (again. See previous posts on this topic).

I may need to ask for a refund.

Attached Files:

3. Booch138

Booch138 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    I got this game solely for the fact that it has MFi Controller support, which seems to be a standard for me in platformers on iOS anymore. So when devs add it, I pretty much get it.

As the description suggests, it's pretty much a nigh-Castlevania themed Metroid game. The graphics are smooth, even if some of enemy characters look a smidge silly and the 'boing' sound of the purple "jump" platforms make me laugh. All around, super enjoying this so far. Almost has a Devil May Cry feel to it without the melee component. Which would be pretty cool.

Graphics and animation is smooth, basic controls and movement is spot on, the sound of the handguns are wonderful. I'm to the 5th level so far and have collected all rings and stuff SO FAR, with only 1 so far (level 3) I really had to take time to hunt. Spot on so far ^____^

4. Booch138

Booch138 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    Also, pro tip: switching weapons resets rate of fire for any weapon. I've been melting anything directly in front of me by firing off single rounds/switch to machine gun/fire off a round/switch to handgun rinse and repeat. It's actually pretty broken that way and I haven't unlocked anything else other than the first 3 XD

5. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    Just finished the game! Any plans for new content to be added soon?

6. Leonjee

Leonjee New Member

Jan 20, 2016
    Say Hello

Hello everyone, I am Jee. The another developer of the game.
    My English is so poor. So only Wei Shi talks with you.

Readed everyone's comments. I am impressed and very moved.
    I just want to thank you here.

In recent years, the process of develop games was hard. But you like our game is our motivation.
    Thank you again.
    I'm really touched.
    Happy Play!
    :D;):D

7. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Welcome to TA! Congratulations on the game -- it's great!

8. Leonjee

Leonjee New Member

Jan 20, 2016
    Thanks!very much.
    Happy to join TA.
    Good players make good gamemaker, whos we want to be.

9. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    You guys sure are!

Nice to have you onboard. :)

10. Jean pierre

Jean pierre Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2017
    this game is very excellent!! 5 stars rating in the french appstore

11. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    Finally had the time and what a great download. Definitely a must have for any platformer fan.

When you buy a weapon, that becomes permanent yes? I assume so, but wanted to check.

Any reccos on weapons?

12. Leonjee

Leonjee New Member

Jan 20, 2016
    #92 Leonjee, Apr 11, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2017
    glad to know.
    thank you, and have fun.

13. Leonjee

Leonjee New Member

Jan 20, 2016
    yes, when click buy, it will became permanent.
    and sorry.I'm not sure what's reccos means. oh my poor language ability.

14. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    No worries and thanks for replying!

I was asking for weapon recommendations from the other players....as in what weapons they are having success with.

15. onyx77

onyx77 Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2010
    Different weapons are good for different scenarios. Swipe the screen to quick swap. I finally saved up for the big boy rocket launcher and it rocks!

16. TheGodless

TheGodless Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2013
    I've only ever used the laser and have been happy with it due to it's power being stronger than the standard gun. Not sure about the rest of the weapons, but I figure the more expensive the better.

17. nkx

nkx Well-Known Member

May 9, 2015
    Where to find all rings and pink orbs on
    stage 1-9?

18. TheGodless

TheGodless Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2013
    What happened to my game? I got a new phone and went to download this game again and it says the game isn’t available in my region. Pretty sure I bought the game with real money and will hopefully get to play it at some point since I was only about 3/4 of the way done with it.

19. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Hmmm its not good. In the old days you could transfer the .ipa file to your PC. I just had a look and its not available in the UK

This normally means the dev didnt renew his license (to be fair - poor sales - no point paying for another years license) but if you go to your purchased apps and select say 'not on this device' the games basically disappeared.

I got a new phone recently and went to re install my apps again, some wouldnt appear for this reason. I really loved Z-Exemplar (retro style shooter) but that didnt install as the dev didnt renew his license.

Very frustrating

20. sebgo

sebgo Well-Known Member

One of the reasons I still jailbreak my phone. Exporting IPA is essential to me, especially when it involves big games that I can't afford, or don't feel like,re-downloading due to long waits (slow connection).

And about this game, I think I had only read the title (which I found kinda funny) and some of the first few thread posts. Has it disappeared from the store? =\

Edit: Nvm, just checked and yeah... it's gone.