Universal Dead Ahead (by Mobirate Studio)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, May 22, 2013.

1. sawyer4325

sawyer4325 Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    Ok thanks! Will keep at it! ;)

2. Smartbomb

Smartbomb Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Artist
    England
    I got the jump three cars by landing on a bus with my last jump, so it may be vehicles and not just cars.

I'd recommend the first/easy level for these types of missions...

3. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    I def had some trouble myself and am only like level 6. It can get pretty aggrivating...

4. spawn12345

spawn12345 Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 2009
    Its easy to clear most objectives by buying fast reload, ammo and second chance. Most of the time i clear all 3 on the first try with those. Im lvl 12 now... Need some gold to buy the quad to clear the next.
    I spent on the ad remove and on the last girl weapon because I just love the game. Good f2p games with good store are worth my money

5. Smartbomb

Jun 20, 2010
    Artist
    England
    Lvl 13 :D

...but damn those missions... Gonna take a while

6. Retro Nug

Retro Nug Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    The Netherworld
    #106 Retro Nug, May 24, 2013
    Last edited: May 24, 2013
    I'm liking this so far! I am on a mission now that says "Ride 1,500m without accelerate". Anyone know if that means 1,500m IN TOTAL over the course of a single run, or does it have to be 1,500 consecutive meters without accelerate? I got up to about 1,200m without using accelerate from the beginning of a run since I started trying it.

EDIT! I just got that objective. Went down to the easier level and got two well placed nitros.

Oh, and I also like how the zombies run over to ya and start eating your flesh when they finally getcha. heheheh

7. themostunclean

themostunclean Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2012
    Not all that impressed. Just another Jetpack Joyride with zombies. Same 3 mission structure, same "stylized" graphics and soooo repetitive. I got very bored very fast. I honestly started nodding out while playing.

I've seen this formula hundreds of times and I'm officially done with it now. All possible creativity with this genre has been sucked dry. This may be just my opinion but I really can't understand why people still eat this stuff up.

8. KevinS

KevinS Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2012
    I honestly don't know how you find this game similar to JJ. Beyond the fact it's an endless runner and has a 3 mission structure the two games are uncomparable.

--------------------

-Enemies come behind you. You can shoot them which adds a whole new dimension to the game.

-Speed boost button. You have control over the speed you go. You can brake by hitting zombies or scraping debris.

-There's no coins that you collect in-game which is very nice. It adds to the atmosphere.

-The graphics are beautifully done and completely different to JJ, flashy lasers and bright colors. The movement animations are also wonderfully done

-You can upgrade the same vehicle.

-Objectives are very hardcore. Just completing one objective may take you several runs.

-Daily challenges

-----------------------

I could continue much longer, however I think I've made my point. The developers worked over a year on this game, and I personally think it's creative and lots of fun. :)

9. Smartbomb

Jun 20, 2010
    Artist
    England
    Two very different games, I can see they share the same loose genre, but this is no JJ.

I'm loving the Bridge, best level yet, just need a 200 combo now...

10. proof21

proof21 Well-Known Member

May 25, 2012
    I love the endless genre, sure there are some bad games within it, but when it comes up with something good, it's usually really good.

The genre has been around for a long time now and keeps refreshing itself with innovative tweaks that keep it popular.

I haven't stuck by a single game type than I have with the endless formula, and that is saying a lot.

Just look at Punch Quest, I think I spent more time with that game than any other.

11. Eoghann

Eoghann Well-Known Member

May 29, 2012
    IT Guy/Graphic Designer/Gamer
    New York
    My words exactly. :)

12. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Very well said :)

13. xCrusader

xCrusader Active Member

Jan 20, 2013
    pretty nice game..i would recommend going to the second location for jumping cars..
    also, is it worth upgrading your bike? and which should be a priority, bike or weapons?
    still at lvl 8 right now...

14. Smartbomb

Jun 20, 2010
    Artist
    England
    Get that launcher ;)

Once you've done that I'd hold out for the quad bike. Upgrading is worthwhile as it allows you to pull away from pursuants with more ease.

15. DigY

DigY Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    to complete it you need to jump the ramp and land onto the car so it gets wrecked. Easier to do on locations other than the first.

16. Smartbomb

Jun 20, 2010
    Artist
    England
    @dev : any chance of tidying the cheats off of the leaderboards?

17. DigY

DigY Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    We cannot do that, cus pipl hack GC protocol and Apple dont pay attention to that. Look in angry birds where like ten pages of each leaderboard is spammed.

18. spawn12345

spawn12345 Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 2009
    Yeah thats the first really really hard one.. Jump 10 cars seems impossible :/

19. Pixel_Gamer

Pixel_Gamer Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2013
    It's rather irritating, what a shame =(

I got passed that. Try using a fully upgraded scooter and drive slow around 20-25km/h. It's small so it's easier to weave around and aim for any rams that you see, usually there's a car or two at the end of it. Get the grenade launcher and buy the first 3 perks.

20. Eoghann

Eoghann Well-Known Member

May 29, 2012
    IT Guy/Graphic Designer/Gamer
    New York
    Hey DigY, I had to delete and reinstall my game last night (my progress!:(). For some reason it kept crashing and booting me to the home screen and wouldn't go past the Chillingo splash screen. It might be worth noting that this was after connecting to Facebook and sharing a banner through it. After re-installing the game I have avoided connecting to Facebook and it seems to be working fine so far. I'm on an iPhone 4 iOS 5.1.1.

I also received this error several times:
    [​IMG]

Thanks!