Universal Dead Ahead (by Mobirate Studio)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, May 22, 2013.

1. Gabrien

Gabrien Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2009
    Terrific art and fun gameplay, but niggling issues really let this down. Fully customisable controls are a must on the iPad, and being able to at least flip the movement control to the left is a must everywhere.

Ammo needs to be building up whenever you aren't firing; not only after you empty the clip.

2. Pixel_Gamer

Pixel_Gamer Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2013
    Bought Vera the shooter IAP and noticed there is no restore purchase button. Does it mean that it is a one time purchase only?

3. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Sorry fot it being Spanish, but its on the top right corner, on the + sign where the coins are after hitting Play on the main menu. Its the red button on the bottom right corner: "Restore Purchases"

Attached Files:

4. Pixel_Gamer

Feb 6, 2013
    Thanks!

5. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    #45 TheFrost, May 23, 2013
    Last edited: May 23, 2013
    You are welcome! :)

6. Patrick@Chillingo

Patrick@Chillingo Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2013
    Hey everyone, seems like you're all enjoying Dead Ahead which is awesome! As usual, if anyone has any questions about the game just ask me and I'll do my best to help you out.

7. Pixel_Gamer

Feb 6, 2013
    No questions but some feedback/suggestions.

Ability to manually reload the weapon before finishing off left over ammunition would be nice. An alternative can be as of what Gabrien suggested a few post above that ammo needs to be building up whenever you aren't firing; not only after you empty the clip.

An option to re-position or re-assign the buttons to the player's liking.

I bought Vera the shooter, instead of having a death animation she'll just vanish. Would like to see this being updated with an animation.

An option for players to skip x amount of missions per day with in game cash. I'm currently at level 10, some of the missions get really hard as you level up. Some players may get stuck at a certain level if they're not skilled enough to complete some of the missions and no longer able to unlock certain game content.

Dead Ahead is definitely a great endless runner sort of game, one of the best in the genre that kept me playing for hours straight. I especially love the theme and art style.

8. DigY

DigY Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    you can drag shoot or accelerate button across the screen and the controls will flip, letting you control the bike with left hand.

9. DigY

DigY Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    You can switch to relative touch in options menu (gear button in main menu)

10. sink_or_swim

sink_or_swim Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Germany
    Don't know what to think about the game. I'm not really enjoying it but I keep playing in hope it get's more addictive.
    One thing that is frustrating is the fat Zombie which kills me most of the time.
    The missions seem too hard for me.. drive 1500m without shooting or kill 50 zombies in one run. It'll take some time to complete them.
    Also what's the best strategy to get a good distance.. Driving fast and try to avoid all the cars or driving slow and shoot the zombies behind you?

11. Patrick@Chillingo

Patrick@Chillingo Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2013

Thanks for the feedback and I'm glad you're enjoying the game.

1 - The reload system is designed so if you've got half a clip in your gun you're stuck with a tough choice. You can hope that that will be enough for the next set of zombie that rush towards you or you can gamble, fire off those rounds and hope that you reload before the horde catches up with you. It's a hard choice to make, but it's exciting and if we changed it the game would a bit of it's spark.

2 - You can slide the controls from the left side of the screen to right. Just swipe it when you're in a game and it'll move from one side to the other.

3 - A great idea! I'll make sure the developer knows about that.

4 - Again, this comes back to the challenge in the game. As you get further into the game the missions get tougher but it's part of the fun. I've been playing for the past few days trying to beat the 150 kill combo mission (I just got a 144 kill combo and crashed into a bus because I got too excited :( ) but when I finally beat that mission I'm going to be SO made up! If you could skip missions I would have skipped it the first time I tried, and failed, to unlock it.

12. DigY

DigY Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    you can choose either of tactics, but accelerating very much is not a good option.

13. Pixel_Gamer

Feb 6, 2013
    #53 Pixel_Gamer, May 23, 2013
    Last edited: May 23, 2013
    Driving slow with a better weapon usually does the job for me if I'm trying to complete the distance missions. After purchasing the premium weapon I no longer have any problems with the chasing zombies, sort of feels like cheating.

Edit: I take back the cheating part, it gets rather challenging after unlocking the 3rd location even with a premium weapon.

14. DigY

DigY Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    A bunch of funny deaths are planned for update.

You can buy buffs like extra clip, fast reload or 2nd chance which simplify the challenge.

15. Eoghann

Eoghann Well-Known Member

May 29, 2012
    IT Guy/Graphic Designer/Gamer
    New York
    Just grabbed it and I'm liking it. Agree with most of the positive comments that have been said. Dragging across to switch control layout is pretty slick, probably should've been advertised more coz I would've never figured that out. :)

16. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011

Liking this so far but man I had a hard time getting past the jump 3 ramps mission lol I just got passed it so I am glad :cool:

17. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Im with SoS on most of his impressions, but i like the game otherwise.

What im trying to say is that the missions are sort of really difficult to complete. Having to do EACH mission only in a single run is tough.

My strategy to defeating the fat zombies is to move fast as you can avoid most of his attacks by moving up and down to avoid the slam radius, and raining bullets on him when you make some distance after he misses his attacks. Most of the time, while trying to make some distance from him, i can pickup an attack powerup like Quad damage or Infinite Ammo and I can kill him easily.

Avoiding his slam attack needs some getting used to, but im consistently doing it now, but he occasionally still gets me.

18. DigY

DigY Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Yes, that is one of the tactics. You can shoot him while avoiding him cus he will kill all other small zombies running along him so you can only spend bullets on the boss.

19. Jet_Black

Jet_Black Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2012
    Great game, like the visual style, music & upgrade paths. Would there be an option for a future update to have a day/night time cycle? where it would go from dusk to night, your bikes lights would have to come on & make what was coming up ahead harder to judge (some cool light trails could be added to the bike headlights, especially the Akira type bike!).
    Really enjoying the game, hope it does well for you guys :)

20. Smartbomb

Smartbomb Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Artist
    England
    I quite like that you cannot skip missions, they're devilish at times, but it feels rewarding to achieve. And I agree with the reload mechanic, its nerve wracking to have one left in the chamber and not know whether to dispense it or save it, it suits the feel of the game.

Nice game devs. As before, my only criticism at this point is the premium/pay-to-win weapons.