Universal Dead Ahead (by Mobirate Studio)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, May 22, 2013.

1. oldgamer dude

oldgamer dude Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2013
    Yeah np :) I think it's worth checking out of you like runners . I'm going to put some quality time into it . I just wish you could skip missions for coin , it's the only way to lvl up and get new levels and bikes and such . I mean I've got stuck before on other runner's missions but was able to skip it with coinage :) like RUA 2 and JJ . I don't see anyway to do this here , unless I'm blind .

2. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Played a little but im currently working, so i'll keep my initial imps short...

I like it. Doing missions seem to give generous amounts of coins, but im worried about how much prices scale, might end up being a grind.

Controls are responsive, but i think it can be better with relative touch. Currently, it's touch-follow. It does work well, but i think it will work better if i can touch where it doesnt obscure the road entirely.

Other than that, i recommend picking it up to try it yourself. It does feel a little like zombie shock, but it has tons of features that requires a more strategic approach as you play along, those that make it unique from the current norms in iOS gaming.

3. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    For a moment there I was worried iOS might never get a single zombie game. Phew!

4. Capricornman

Capricornman Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2011
    If there's not at least one zombie release per week I feel kind of empty inside:(

5. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Can someone post a link please? Google only shows this for the link:

Attached Files:

6. Capricornman

Capricornman Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2011
  7. TheFrost

Nov 18, 2010
  8. Smartbomb

Smartbomb Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Artist
    England
    I'm getting a good vibe after the first couple of plays, could be an addictive SOB...

9. Yuppers, so no need to buy.

But my question is hows the inapps? Timers? Paywalls?

10. TheFrost

Nov 18, 2010
    Played for a while and I like it so far, you get a lot of coins for missions, there are daily challenges too... don't know at this point the amount of grind required yet... But so far seems good.

I specially like that zombies come from both ends, your weapon recharges over time and also you can run them over.

I don't like relative touch and where is placed, could be somewhere else like in the bottom, there is a lot of space there.

11. sink_or_swim

sink_or_swim Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Germany
    Maybe you already know it but you can change the controls in the settings but they still appear on the right side. I'm still not sure what control option I prefer

12. Smartbomb

Jun 20, 2010
    Artist
    England
    No evidence of paywalls, no timers and the iAPs are cheap enough.

I bought the ad free version (0.69p) there are a few cash bundles but you can earn coins through playing/grinding.

Only thing I'm not too impressed with are the premium guns and bike. For a couple of quid you can buy an overpowered gun and bike and in this case it could be construed as pay-to-win when it comes to the leaderboards. But those who do pay may only be doing so to make up for a lack of skill/patience anyway. It's a cool little game, nice presentation.

13. TheFrost

Nov 18, 2010
    Thanks going to check that now :)

14. ironsam80

ironsam80 Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    I prefer the buttons but on an ipad both are quite far (you have to move your finger in a big distance). I would like if you could change the height position.
    Otherwise the game is great and seems quite addictive till now (already bought the ads free iap).
    I have not test the rest of the games i bought tonight yet, but this is already the first candidate for my GOTW.

15. Pixel_Gamer

Pixel_Gamer Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2013
    Does the ad free IAP remove the Chillingo bubbles too?

16. k1lljoy_89

k1lljoy_89 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2011
    Look out your window.
    Dude what the hell is this. Instabuy..

Edit: okay, well instadownload.

Edit: okay, instadownload tomorrow.

17. Smartbomb

Jun 20, 2010
    Artist
    England
    Were they on this screen? Not showing up anymore

Attached Files:

18. Pixel_Gamer

Pixel_Gamer Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2013
    In-game menu and pause menu.

19. Smartbomb

Jun 20, 2010
    Artist
    England
    I don't see em anymore, 99% sure they've gone...

EDIT: that is, I just played a round, went through the menus, back to title, into garage, paused mid round.. Not showing up so far