iPad DDR Lite is AWESOME!

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Vende, Jan 13, 2009.

1. Vende

Vende Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    #1 Vende, Jan 13, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2009
  2. coconutbowling

coconutbowling Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Student
    Pennsylvania
    #2 coconutbowling, Jan 13, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2009
    I would agree with you, but this game just isn't meant for the iPhone. I can normally AAA songs in DDR/Stepmania, but have trouble getting good scores here.

EDIT: I heard it was because there were slicker timing windows. If this is the case, I'm all for this game.

3. markx2

markx2 Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2008
    I would but we in the UK are not worthy of the release.

No DDR for us... what with that, no Scrabble and others, no codes... :(

4. Tennisking1o1

Tennisking1o1 Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2008
    It was lagging like crazy on my iPod Touch 2G...

5. Vende

Vende Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    really? I have an iphone 2g as well and thought it worked really well

6. superbad

superbad Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2008
    CEO. Reviewer. Beta Tester.
    You need to stalk me?
    restart FTW!!! :D

7. Tennisking1o1

Nov 15, 2008
    I already had after the first time it was lagging, it improved it a little but still made it pretty unplayable because i couldn't hold a 20+ combo because of the lag

8. K.D!

K.D! Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    England
    Now THATS strange. It 'was' in the UK AppStore a few days back (maybe a week ago) because I've downloaded it onto my iPhone and I live in the North of England. My iTunes is definately a UK account, but now when I search for it, it doesn't come up with any results, yet I received and updadte for it this afternoon?????? Must have been pulled from the UK Store.

Oh, and for the people (or person) who said it lags, it plays perfect on my iPhone 3G... never thought I'd enjoy Y.M.C.A so much (shame it's the only songs you get to try)!

9. Kursndax

Kursndax Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2008
    i just downloaded it and I was smiling the whole time, I love ddr, you only get one song? and can only use standard? this is like a major tease.

I would love this more than tap tap cause I love ddr songs. but the controls are kinda cramped in the middle and make it hard. but still love it.

10. Kursndax

Oct 26, 2008
    you get Y.M.C.A? I guess the US has a japan song, I am glad there is no Y.M.C.A :)

11. RayLancer

RayLancer Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    #11 RayLancer, Jan 13, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2009
    I love this a lot, I'll definitely get it. Controls take a while to get used to. I would love to see Beatmania instead though, maybe in the future. Or, DJ Max Technika (the arcade version uses a giant touchscreen, its nothing like the DJ Max Portable series besides the songs and visuals).

DJ Max Technika:

12. K.D!

K.D! Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    England
    Yeah, you get some guy in a white disco suit dancing to Y.M.C.A... it's hilarious at the beginning of the song when he starts, erm, *cough* 'thrusting'!

13. Kursndax

Oct 26, 2008
    wow the touch screen version looks cool, wish they used that for the iphone instead

I love the DS game elite beat agents, that should be on iphone also

14. Wulfsige

Wulfsige Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2008
    Not only did I receive no lag on my Ipod Touch 2.0 but after a few attempts I saw a huge difference in score so it was made well and works will on the ipod touch. Just have to get into the rhythm. The biggest concern I have is if they will keep updating it. In all honest I would love the guys who did Flash Flash Revolution to make an ipod game instead since I know they would just keep adding new songs after release.

15. Tennisking1o1

Nov 15, 2008
    You should check out Saturday Night Fever. It's a decent attempt at that style of game, there's a lite version as well

16. K.D!

K.D! Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    England
    Sorry, my bad... I'm getting this one mixed up with Saturday Night Fever: Dance (stupid appstore and it's many games of the same :eek:)

17. Owl

Owl Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2009
    Instant loveeee~~

Seriously. I like this so much better than tap tap. So much more... I dunno, soft is how I would call it. Will buy the full version for sure, it better have a ton of songs!

18. No Hero

No Hero Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2008
    its pretty addicting, so far best is a b...

19. Noah

Noah Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2008
    Sr. Web Developer
    Atlanta, GA
  20. troile00

troile00 Member

Sep 11, 2008
    #20 troile00, Jan 14, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2009
    Uhh, what?

I'm sure we're talking about the lite game Konami just released into the app store. I feel it has the "fun" that has been missing from all the other rhythm games i've played for the iPotch(i've actually taken to calling it that...boo on whoever started it...).

Not to mention my tapping actually feels "on beat" with the song when I do well, which is something else i've felt games like tap tap have missed.

If Konami adds 50 tracks (or at least 30 that have the same Dance Dance addictive feel) to the full version, 2 more game modes, a few more characters, and a way to play against a friend (either via wifi or clever pass and play), I would pay $15 -$20 for the full version. Forget $8 bucks...that wouldn't be enough.

I refuse to acknowledge other games being sold for $10 that arent even fun (though they may be well made). I'd break that barrier if Konami made it happen.

Everyone who wants to go cheapo on games like this needs to realize something. Dance Dance Revolution for the PSX sold for $35, and it shipped with 28 songs. Yet you are asking for a game that is just as fun, probably with the same, if not more songs and playability, but want it for < $8....then you fully expect Konami to continue to support the game with updates? [I know no one has flat out said it, but from how everyone talks about other games and the general mood around ipod touch games in general, this is how it feels]

Yes, by distributing through apple Konami can bypass some costs of manufacturing etc. But once they ship a game for a console, you "rarely" if ever get updates. I'll pay money if it drives up the quality of games. Do not be cheap people. Is it wrong to pay more money for better quality games? We're not talking frogger here...