Daytona Rush

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Invictus_Games, Dec 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Invictus_Games

Invictus_Games Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Mar 2, 2012
    Game development
    Hungary
    You know your post generated a serious discussion inside Invictus!

It should be known I kept hesitating during development whether to release as free or paid...
    Then our latest paid release, Give It Up! despite being featured for 3 weeks yielded unexpectedly low revenues.
    Finally Psalms 4:23 helped me to make the decision to release right away as Free! That is, since we planned to go Free at some point anyway, it would have been somewhat unfair to all those who got it for money no matter how we try to compensate them. Being fair is much higher priority then money.

OK, so as it stands now we have a completely Free build ready for release in less than 2 days with no monetization of any kind. Exciting!

Grace be ensured we dislike pay for continue as well. :)

What we do is to have double prices and add the ability to double the income of any race for watching a video ad after that race.

Once implemented we apply for an expedited review the Game Center bug fix may validate.

Sounds like a plan?

2. Sexy Pirate

Sexy Pirate Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2014
    Call centre / Parent
    Newcastle England
    Seems fair enough although I'd would still probably put in an option to buy the currency since you don't want to miss out on any potential money.
    Personally I don't mind if a game is free with adverts as after a couple of plays I like the game then I pay to remove them anyway.
    If you switched from paid to free you would likely get some negative reviews on the AppStore from people who had paid anyway regardless of how you compensated them.
    Glad I generated some discussion that made you guys think anyway :D

3. Invictus_Games

Patreon Indie

Mar 2, 2012
    Game development
    Hungary
    Free!

OK reiterating for those who don't read walls of text: Daytona Rush going to be Free! :)

4. amusing Grace

amusing Grace Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Music, Muse, Magick
    Berlin, Germany
    Put " No pay to win" in the description if you don't offer continues ;)
    Also, best wishes for the release!

5. JCman7

JCman7 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Mechanical Engineering
    NY
    Glad it's going to be free I think that is the right way to go too. Put ads in and some IAP and you are good to go! Would definitely buy the remove ads IAP.

6. Invictus_Games

Patreon Indie

Mar 2, 2012
    Game development
    Hungary
    Thanks for the encouragement.
    Interesting that in-app revenue (like remove ads) is usually a lot smaller than ad revenue in these crazy days.

7. Invictus_Games

Patreon Indie

Mar 2, 2012
    Game development
    Hungary
  8. JCman7

JCman7 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Mechanical Engineering
    NY
    That is crazy but I guess it makes sense since you have the ability to keep making money when people play rather then a one time payment to remove them. It is pretty sad though that people won't pay for a good quality game anymore and you have to do IAP and ads. Well the release is soon! Best of luck!!