Daytona Rush

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Invictus_Games, Dec 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Invictus_Games

Invictus_Games Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Mar 2, 2012
    Game development
    Hungary
    Jut choose the car you like better. Tier 5 allows for really long like 'endless' races assuming excellent mental conditions. :)
    [note: this is true at least for the coming update - I am unsure right now if real tier 5 endlessness was allowed in your build]

2. Sexy Pirate

Sexy Pirate Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2014
    Call centre / Parent
    Newcastle England
    I bought the tier 4 car for now since each car earns a bit more I thought I'd follow the path of progression.

3. amusing Grace

amusing Grace Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Music, Muse, Magick
    Berlin, Germany
    That's how i do it, too.
    I like that there are leaderboards for each car, gives you reasons to fully upgrade each car to compete once you unlocked all tiers.

This it my go-to racer in the moment. I find it incredibly addicting, because i can zone-out easily and from lap five onwards it's crazy fun to dodge traffic, switching lanes all the time.

Well done devs, very well done!

4. Invictus_Games

Patreon Indie

Mar 2, 2012
    Game development
    Hungary
    I'm astonished! :)

We are getting a hold on the GC bug, and realised we also need a sandbox account with lots of friends to test it in-house.

[SIZE="+1"]Anyone reading this please invite "ertdfg" as friend on GC. [/SIZE](My sandbox acc).

Any dev reading this: if you can spare a topped-up sandbox account, you are extremely welcome!

5. amusing Grace

Dec 23, 2008
    Music, Muse, Magick
    Berlin, Germany
    #45 amusing Grace, Feb 5, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2015
    YAY!!! :)
    Great news! While you´re at it, how about a real time friends leaderboard that shows how far you still have to go to be better than your friend? Maybe a car with their pic tagged to it that you need to crash like the drunk drivers?

Anyway, best wishes that you can iron out that bug for the global release!
    Right now, the game is already solid and fun (i know, i´m repeating myself ;) )

EDIT: Maybe you should start a thread for the sandbox account in the dev forum here

6. Sexy Pirate

Sep 29, 2014
    Call centre / Parent
    Newcastle England
    o_O I haven't upgraded my cars, just saved up for each new car as I unlocked them by playing with the default none upgraded version of each car.

7. amusing Grace

Dec 23, 2008
    Music, Muse, Magick
    Berlin, Germany
    I only upgrade the chassis, so my car can get a little more of a beating. ;)

8. Karl Schmidt

Karl Schmidt Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2011
    my expressions after one day (bought tier 2 and tier 3 car):
    nice graphic, sound okay, steering very good
    after a while the game is boring: because line left, line middle, line right, line middle - a line racer;)

very good: sometimes you can collect repair kit.

For devs: do you have other goodies? For example autopilot for 5 sec, coin doubler for 20 sec.

9. Sexy Pirate

Sep 29, 2014
    Call centre / Parent
    Newcastle England
    I'm having what seems like a random issue. Sometimes when I start a race it will only accept taps to move? I'm using swipes to change lanes normally and have been since I started playing but there's been 3 or 4 times today when swipes weren't registering and I had to use taps. (Or just crash and restart which is what I did them I could use swipes again)
    Not really much info to explain I know but it just seemed to happen randomly.
    Maybe there should be an option for taps or swipes.
    Other note taps don't usually register when I'm swiping?

Game impressions though I'm loving it, reminds me of playing Those LCD games that you held up to your face (maybe tomy tronic?)

10. Karl Schmidt

Karl Schmidt Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2011
    +1

I use taps.

11. Invictus_Games

Patreon Indie

Mar 2, 2012
    Game development
    Hungary
    First gesture selects input method by checking if there is notable movement between first touch and release.
    If it not super stable we'll definitely add an option to set it (auto/touch/swipe).

12. Invictus_Games

Patreon Indie

Mar 2, 2012
    Game development
    Hungary
    That's what we spotted too and didn't like - there is no real point in upgrading the engine ATM. Update going to heal this!
    Upgrading the tire makes lane changes get quicker which is good in tight traffic, but well.. those with excellent reflexes can skip that. :)

13. amusing Grace

Dec 23, 2008
    Music, Muse, Magick
    Berlin, Germany
    My hope right now is that an engine update makes your car faster, which in turn would make it more difficult/ enjoyable on lower tiers.

Already unlocked tier five, but i´m on the fence if i should buy the tier four car first ...

I used the tire upgrade on my tier two car, really helped as i was still getting used to the game.

14. Sexy Pirate

Sep 29, 2014
    Call centre / Parent
    Newcastle England
    I bought the tier 4 car first even though I unlocked the tier 5 one. I'm averaging around 15k a run with the tier 4 car.

15. Sexy Pirate

Sep 29, 2014
    Call centre / Parent
    Newcastle England
    Woo just got a new record :D

Attached Files:

16. amusing Grace

Dec 23, 2008
    Music, Muse, Magick
    Berlin, Germany
    Well done!
    My current best distance is 40,686 yards in tier 3, according to Game Center i´m No.1 in that leaderboard :)
    If you or anyone else from TA are up for some friendly competition, add me on Game Center:
    amusingGrace

17. JCman7

JCman7 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Mechanical Engineering
    NY
    Here is my highscore so far. I have th GC bug so can't play signed in. I reached lap 11 ~53,800 yards, tier 3.

Attached Files:

18. JCman7

JCman7 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Mechanical Engineering
    NY
    Scratch that increased my score quite a bit :) could have gone farther too but accidentally stayed in the red zone too long :(

Attached Files:

19. Invictus_Games

Patreon Indie

Mar 2, 2012
    Game development
    Hungary
    Wow, these are scores I've never seen during testing! :cool:

BTW Grace could you clarify that? I've been under the assumption you have the GC bug but still you are on leaderboards.. did you find a workaround? Could you share that with us and perhaps JCman7 could try applying it?

20. amusing Grace

Dec 23, 2008
    Music, Muse, Magick
    Berlin, Germany
    Not really a workaround on my end, i just switch off plane mode and start Daytona, only to see it crash during the Gamecenter log-in. That seems to upload my scores somehow. Sorry, if that got your hopes up.

And JCman7: Impressive!!! :)