Universal Daytona Rush (by Invictus)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Feb 11, 2015.

1. douced024

douced024 New Member

Nov 12, 2014
    Ain't no one got time for this

2. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
  3. Snooptalian

Snooptalian Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2009
    Well that sucks... What device are you playing on?

4. JCman7

JCman7 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Mechanical Engineering
    NY
    iPad 4

5. Sexy Pirate

Sexy Pirate Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2014
    Call centre / Parent
    Newcastle England
    I like the new introduced cameras :D
    The bigger prices are definitely a good thing as before it was too easy to blast through and unlock all the cars in a pretty short time.

6. GiHubb

GiHubb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 27, 2010
    CEO
    I still remember the good old days when I used to play Burnout and get a new car or some type of reward on almost every race. And here, playing 20-30 races to earn a new car is apparently too quick!

7. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    Why did all the prices have to be raised? I've been playing hard to get $100,000 and now it's $130,000. Please put the prices back. Also can you please make the wrench power up more visible or give us more warning? You can barely see them and when you do it's already too late to get to it.

Billy

8. Invictus_Games

Invictus_Games Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Mar 2, 2012
    Game development
    Hungary
    Old prices were set up for a paid release, a last minute decision however made the game free. We could only adjust prices to suit the free model in the update. I'm sorry I know you now feel down..
    Please understand that we tried to do our best to let players know what's coming, in the original description stating the totally freeness is for a limited time only and in the update description saying prices go higher.
    We could have done better by deciding going free earlier. Sorry about it!

9. Zevious Zoquis

Zevious Zoquis Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2010
    Canada
    Billy, the prices went up, but you can watch (and by watch I mean let the ad run and rest your eyes for 30 seconds ;) ) a little vid ad after each race and double your cash. You'll get to 130,000 much more quickly than you would have 100,000 before.

10. Invictus_Games

Patreon Indie

Mar 2, 2012
    Game development
    Hungary
    That's becoming a common request - yes most likely we'll change them.

11. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    I would have paid for this game outright. I still would. If a game is good I don't mind paying for it. The devs should be compensated. I have to say though I hate ads. I think the way you've done the ads are nice though. It's by choice. I can live with that.

Keep up the good work. I just was disappointed but I'm over it. Need to go make another $30k lol

Billy

12. Invictus_Games

Patreon Indie

Mar 2, 2012
    Game development
    Hungary
    Aaaarrrrrgggghhhh. :( :( :(
    I wish you were here to help us reproduce that!
    We tried our best to fix that blind as we could never reproduce the crash, only the lag.
    Topped up an account to have 320 friends but still it did not crash.
    Then assumed that high number of friend avatars cause it and turned off getting them.
    Current GC code is the other way around so in next update we just throw it out and rewrite properly.
    I'm really disappointed that some of the top players are affected by this.

13. H4nd0fg0d

Mar 30, 2010
    #93 H4nd0fg0d, Feb 14, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2015
    Ya, Invictus, gladly wld have paid for the initial version or a pay option to ditch the ads. Already installed old version tht ran perfectly for me, never a single crash or hiccup or ad. Thanks but no thanks. I'm not doing ads. Sorry. I'll stick with the release version. Great game tho.

14. amusing Grace

amusing Grace Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Music, Muse, Magick
    Berlin, Germany
    Do you need more crashlogs?

15. H4nd0fg0d

Mar 30, 2010
    Btw, there's obviously not an option to pay to disable the ads b/c some financier knos tht wld be far less profitable than u watching those ads. Money makes the world go around, not adless free games.

16. Zineman

Zineman Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2014
    Disaster! Was working my way through the release version to get the formula 1 car before updating the app. Finally reached level 20, with about 280,000. When I started the next game, I was in a different car, which was the only one on the track and wouldn't move so I quit the app and removed it from the multi-tasking bar. When I started the app again I was back to level 0 with no money! I'm on an non-jail broken iPhone 5 on iOS 8.0.2

17. JCman7

JCman7 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Mechanical Engineering
    NY
    Yeah I second that I can send you crash logs if you want them.

18. RebornProphet

RebornProphet Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2010
    Scotland, UK
    So prior to the update I have unlocked all tiers, bought all the cars and maxed them all out.

Any point, challenge wise, in continuing to play other than to see how many laps I can do?

19. Snooptalian

Snooptalian Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2009
    Updated and crashes right after starting a race on an iPhone 6 +... About to give up on this one...

20. H4nd0fg0d

Mar 30, 2010
    Talk about taking a great game and ruining it...u'd b talking about DaytonaRush. Couldn't b happier about running the release version again.