Universal Dawncaster: Deckbuilding RPG (by Rick van der Wal)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by JackDerp, Mar 20, 2021.

1. Chi'Nane

Chi'Nane New Member

Jun 13, 2022
    Male
    I only just through this post realized you can actually NOT pick a card, because my attention never wandered to the bottom corner, where the X is sitting. This might have been presented better in game.

2. Thanks for the feedback! We'll see if we can clarify this - it isn't the first time this has been brought to our attention :)

3. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    @Wanderlost Interactive
    I really enjoy the game but wish there was an easier way to skip expositiony dialog, especially if already encountered in multiple previous runs.

Examples that come to mind might be the first meeting of the merchant or the initial briefing once you reach the royal guard.

solarnya and Ijipop like this.
  4. Hey LordGek!

Thanks for the feedback! We've added various skips (the initial meeting with the Radiant Crusade has a skip option - the "I'm just passing by" button) ^^. The merchant interaction hasn't and I've added it to the list :) (We'll probably get to it after the expansion we're currently making)

5. LordGek

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Good enough, thanks.

6. BazizzleHizzle

BazizzleHizzle Active Member

Nov 7, 2020
    Male
    @Wanderlost Interactive

I have what may seem to be an odd question for you. On a playthrough the first time I met the Alchemist in Brightcandle I could swear I had an interaction with her where she flirted more than normal and offered the first potion of the game for free. Now the maybe odd part, tequila had most definitely been a part of the evening prior to kicking back and playing my favorite game. So first, is that even a thing in the game or was that the tequila causing me to misremember? Second, if that did happen notice I was careful not to mention which class or combination of talents and starting skills so I don’t spoil, is this an RNG thing or is this a bonus that triggers under certain circumstances like so many others in this game? TLDR: Don’t play drunk, my friends.

naghihimutuc likes this.
  7. TLDR: Don’t play drunk, my friends.
    This encounter was likely the result of our patented Breathelizer Experience Detection (BED). When it detects a player is sufficiently intoxicated, it activates the romance options for several of the NPC's in the game. Best million dollars we ever spend.

Alternatively, one could take certain paths through certain Windy Hillock events, and acquire certain traits that certain NPC's find attractive, resulting in the offerings as you reported BazizzleHizzle :)

Thanks for the most amusing question we've had so far ^^

naghihimutuc likes this.
  8. BazizzleHizzle

Nov 7, 2020
    Male
    @Wanderlost Interactive

Brilliant! I mean, I know I was hammered but was like 60% sure I hadn’t imagined the whole thing lol.

Thank you!

9. Anytime! And while we are here:

We've recently updated the game with our second expansion: The Death of Divinity!

These three new maps mark another milestone in what has been an awesome journey for us as developers so far. In this expansion, we dive deeper into the nature of the doomed 'Garden World', and even face off with the champion of legend, the Dawnbringer, himself.

On top of the new content, we also expanded the unlockable meta rewards (now up to 32 levels per class), added new cards, and made tons of changes (we think most of them for the better ^^) since the conception of this thread.

So if you played it at the start or were holding out to see if the game would be improved: now's a great time to jump back in, test your deckbuilding skills and let us know what you think. https://dawncaster.wanderlost.games/

10. BazizzleHizzle

Nov 7, 2020
    Male
    Oh hey no worries I already got all the extras and whatnot! Actually scored those purchases twice for you guys because I got one of my kids playing too.

That new Seeker bow is the truth, man.

Trust, friends, when you see Arcane Bow as an option do not hesitate and pray to the RNG gods that you score Conjuring early because holy fritos dude.

11. BazizzleHizzle

Nov 7, 2020
    Male
    @Wanderlost Interactive

Could you please clarify whatever it is this sentence means relative to the game? Because as it's written it makes no sense at all to me however I parse it.

Attached Files:

12. LordGek

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    I think I get it.

This card's gimmick is that it does bonus damage IF used multiple times in a single combat with the bonus damage being how much damage it did last time it was used this combat (so if it was evaded or, guessing here, totally absorbed by armor, there will be no bonus). The current bonus shown is 0 since you hadn't hit anyone with it this combat or your viewing the card outside of combat.

Which class does this weapon come from and what level?

I'm assuming this bonus damage is tied to the specific card instance but maybe the damage done with another tomahawk this battle would also grant you bonus damage on this copy.

13. BazizzleHizzle

Nov 7, 2020
    Male
    It's a Hunter card, the final weapon unlock (lvl XXX? Thereabouts)

Yeah trial and error demonstrated how you explained it. It's same-battle carryover damage from the previous basic melee attack. You had the right of it, evasion or armor or barrier will mitigate the carryover & keep it at zero.

Hopefully someone here or on the server will illuminate me with a strategy less basic than the only practical use I can see for this weapon: a lean & mean build with mostly mana and basics.

14. @LordGek already explained the card perfectly, so I'll just address the strategies you could try!

The card offers three benefits over other Basic attacks.

One rewards cycling this basic attack as many times as possible, which would work well with either a very limited number of cards in your deck, or a card that can return the card to hand after playing it :)

Two, boosting the damage of a single tomahawk returns exponential rewards. A +1 upgrade anger or chain inflicts 2 additional damage the second cast, 4 on the 3rd, 8 extra damage the fourth ect.

The third advantage is that it's a ranged attack, so it would ignore Evasion, and allows it to benefit from talents and enchantments that improve your ranged attack damage (Sharpshooter, Marksman, etc).

Hope that helps!

LordGek and BazizzleHizzle like this.
  15. Lull4by

Lull4by Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2014
    Basic game and 2 extra DLCs are on sale at the moment, hope the game sales well.

Ijipop likes this.
  16. houseofg

houseofg Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    Base game is on sale for $1.99. Somehow didn't know about this one before...?? Totally enamored.

17. BazizzleHizzle

Nov 7, 2020
    Male
    Call me a nitpicker but I know from previous conversations you’re going for polish.

Sleight of Hand has “it’s” where there should be “its” in the card text.

That’s all! Love the new expansion, keep them coming!

houseofg likes this.
  18. Roxton

Roxton Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jan 30, 2015
    Picked up this game again recently and was met with a pleasant surprise.

You see, back in July, two players on the Discord began running weekly conduct challenges, with a bonus scoring system and leaderboards. They were a lot of fun, but they operated on the honor system, and required submitting run information to a bot for scoring.

Apparently they were popular enough that the dev integrated it directly into the game. If you open the in-game achievements screen, the left tab will allow you to start a challenge game, with a handful of preselected loadouts to choose from.

Aside from streamlining the launch process, the in-game challenge system introduces starting cards that aren’t available when you start a normal game.

Each challenge begins and ends on Thursday. Starting with Angelic Weapon and Fiery Barrage is a hoot.

Son of Anarchy likes this.