Universal Dawncaster: Deckbuilding RPG (by Rick van der Wal)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by JackDerp, Mar 20, 2021.

1. pathogen541

pathogen541 Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2016
    y’all are freaking rad man, I love this game. I’m absolutely hooked and I cannot wait to see what you guys do with this title going forward. As I said before, I truly believe this could be KING on iOS.

2. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Sorry if already answered, but if I have a card that can use either color of 2 different mana types, is there a way to force it to use 1 particular color?

3. pathogen541

Jun 19, 2016
    not yet.

4. LordGek

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    I definitely appreciate how it seems pretty intelligent in its auto-selection (like always taking from whichever mana you have the most of at the moment), but still, it would be nice to be able to override it if trying to plan for some big play dependent particularly on 1 of the mana types.

pathogen541 likes this.
  5. pathogen541

Jun 19, 2016
    Totally agree with you.

6. LordGek

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    #66 LordGek, Apr 14, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2021
    UPDATE: I'm a clueless idiot! I love how each class's best score is shown RIGHT THERE when choosing the class for your next run. Somehow I just assumed there would be a separate Statistic/Leaderboard screen, but this is SOO much better.

@Wanderlost Interactive
    Unless just me, hitting the Discord link in-game just brings me to Discord, not an option to join your group.

I'd also love some sort of meta-stats to record my best runs for each class.

Whoa! I've got a card with the "Valuable" trait which states it adds 50 points to my score...the game has a score? When unsuccessful in a run I was just dumped back to the title page. How do I see this score or is it only earned if I make a successful run?

7. Norf

Norf Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2020
    You can, however, hold down on a card and not drag it up to see which mana it will use. I find it maddening to do with green energy, because Ambush really wants you to play first, but it basically never chooses the mana I wish it would.

Humorously, maybe just to me due to my lack of sleep, the word "typo's" in the patch notes is misspelled. Its just the plural of typo, add an "s", no apostrophe. One typo, two typos.

Cards that have effects when they discard other cards are still implemented unevenly when they discard cards that also have effects when discarded. Mindstrike and Sudden Strike sometimes ends up with aggregate 4 damage, sometimes 6. Likewise, uneven implementation of Longbow Basic attacks when generated by cards that do multiple basic attacks (e.g. Spiritual Warfare) - sometimes just 1 Evasion stack, sometimes 1 per basic attack.

Evasion and whatever effect stops you from taking damage from any source (Impervious?) can both be removed by the same melee attack.

Sharpclaw Raven in Weeping Woods is bugged. It says it generates an Evasion stack every time it takes damage, but I was using a Crusader and it got Evasion stacks when it cancelled my attack via Evasion. So, 1 melee per turn, then all else wasted, even though my Evaded attacks did not generate any damage.

Unclear what upgrading magic cards that don't do damage does via Magical Aptitude.

Copied cards from Innate Magic are not upgraded via Magical Aptitude.

Tried to Transform via Alchemist a high cost blue card (one that does damage per magic action in your deck and discards for two blue) and was told there was no upgrades available for that card. Still was charged the money though.

8. Norf

Norf Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2020
    Game keeps hanging - something wrong with the end turn/end fight button. Sometimes at the end of a fight when you click on it it will say that your class skill needs more time to recharge, other times it just won't let you end your turn.

9. LordGek

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Ouch!

I noticed that as well and then read this on the dev's Discord:

Hey all!

In patch 1.0.8 we're currently experiencing an issue when discarding a card with an 'on discard' effect (like Daggers) through cards like Adrenaline, Rogues Gambit and Mindstrike.

Discarding a card with an active 'on discard effect' causes the combat to remain in 'pause state', and forces you to return the to the menu and continue from there. We've found the issue and will be rolling out a patch in the upcoming days. Thank you for your patience!

10. Norf

Norf Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2020
    There was a patch that may have fixed some issues, but it has not stopped the "you can't end a fight because it says your class power is still on cooldown." Also, if you save and exit from a fight at the victory screen and then go back in, you are back to the beginning of the fight not the end, which is annoying if you've just fought through a boss.

11. Norf

Norf Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2020
    Also, I had a red and blue mana as a Crusader and the game would not let me cast Mindstrike due to not having enough mana.

12. Norf

Norf Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2020
    Another patch, and still this happens.

13. Nervez

Nervez New Member

Jul 28, 2021
    Male
    #73 Nervez, Jul 28, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2021
    Hi All, one of the devs here!

Dawncaster has had many updates these past months, during which many of the mentioned suggestions / optimizations are now implemented, including a completely revised talent system and balance changes.

Check it out if you haven't done so yet!

You guys and our Discord members are of incredible value to us.

Thank you very much, and expect to see a lot more coming!

Kind regards,

Nervez

DGA_Promo.png

ste86uk and Ijipop like this.
  14. BazizzleHizzle

BazizzleHizzle Active Member

Nov 7, 2020
    Male
    Man, I'm sorry I'm so late to this thread! I love when the devs for a game are active in its forum, that's how we always get the best content.

Speaking of content, this a brilliant game, thus far my favorite mobile release of 2021. All of my questions and concerns were addressed in reading through to this point, I'm just chiming in to thank you fine folks at Wanderlost for helping to scratch the itch in my psyche.

The furthest I've gotten at this point was I nearly found the lost Champion. Haven't played easy mode or looked into how far it goes so I have no idea what's next. Don't tell me that's why I keep playing lol.

Very much looking forward to new content, when the time comes! Kudos!

Ijipop likes this.
  15. naghihimutuc

naghihimutuc Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2020
    Is there support for iPad screens? Or will we just be stuck by maximizing that phone window and telling ourselves calmly over and over again “this is fine”?

Son of Anarchy likes this.
  16. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Late to this but thanks for bumping it, downloading now to check it out. Loved NOTFM so sounds like a no brainer.

17. Hey naghihimutuc - we are currently developing the iPad / responsive version. As avid iPad players ourselves we can't wait to publish it but we have some assets that need to be redesigned before we're fully ready to share it with the world at large.

[​IMG]

sharfaust and Son of Anarchy like this.
  18. Son of Anarchy

Son of Anarchy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2015
    Male
    Shadow Runner
    Australia
    I’ve been keeping an eye on this (maybe others have too) hoping iPad support would added. Last update made the game universal (yay) though the update notes say that iPad support is in (beta) stage.

19. LordGek

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    It seems pretty solid to me so far, but I have yet to have a successful run. At least I didn't find any issues in my hour or so of play the other night on my iPad.

Son of Anarchy likes this.
  20. Hi All!

We recently updated Dawncaster, our Deckbuilding RPG to include 30 new cards, 25 new weapons, and over 30 new portraits!

All of these are available for free through the new meta progress reward tracks. So if you haven't played for a while or haven't tried the game yet, now is a great time to get in and play some cards!

App Store:
    https://apps.apple.com/us/app/dawncaster-deckbuilding-rpg/id1555459868

Portrait_promo.jpg