Universal Dawnbringer (by Kiloo)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TouchArcade Bot, Jun 15, 2016.

1. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    I have to agree. I have to completely agree. I spent 2 hours playing today. If the doubler was a resource doubler I wouldn't have hesitated to buy it. To be honest I'm not really sure I need to purchase an experience doubler. I WANT to spend money on the game. I probably will buy it just to throw Kiloo some money. But I would have already done it if it was a resource doubler.

Kiloo would you be able to add a resource doubler in app purchase?

Billy

2. doublezz

doublezz Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2009
    "Tap to run" is awful. What the heck the designer is thinking about?

And it is still a terrible 1 on 1 fighting game, nothing like an open game fight I expected. And even 1 on 1 fight is boring as hell...

3. Techzamazing

Techzamazing Well-Known Member

Any one completed this game?. I played hours and hours and collected all of them and defeated his brother "XAVIEL" and he escaped. WTF?. Journal says ACT 1 Completed.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

4. Kiloo_Jeppe

Kiloo_Jeppe Well-Known Member

My pleasure :) It's always interesting to know what you guys think of our games. Looking forward to hear your full impressions.

Thanks for the feedback. I do agree that a resource doubler would be very handy.

We always strive to make our IAPs as fair and straight forward as possible. The "tricky" part about Dawnbringer is that we have five different "ressources" - gold, titanite, black iron, dragon scale, and experience. Experience is of course not a resources as such, but we opted to have this as our doubler because it was the most straight forward. It's also the goal of the game - and any RPG really - to grow in strength, and we believe "experience" has the most direct connection to this goal.

That being said, we will of course listen to your feedback and test if there's a way to make the game and IAP system even better.

First of all kudos on fighting all your way to the climax of the game. Secondly, worry not - more acts are in development :) The storyline in the release version of Dawnbringer concludes with the end of Act 1. We will continue the story in future updates.

5. Taeles

Taeles Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 5, 2011
    Suggestion then, add more meaning to leveling up. Say... passive buffs to things like the individual resource gains or drop chances of resources when breaking things, or even resource costs for upgrades. The leveling system really feels... bleh which is why most folks on here have balked at its doubler.

6. Sandalfo

Sandalfo Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Paris, France
    i tried the game. introductory movie is interesting. but combat gameplay is horrible. i finished infinity blade 1.2 and 3 and i could not get past the first fight. swiping to parry failed for me. sorry, not my cup of tea

7. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Game is pretty cool actually, I can only imagine if it had full voice acting in it!

8. ProgPariah77

ProgPariah77 Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2012
    So ... without warning or apparent cause, the audio in the game has stopped working. I've tried rebooting my phone; no joy. Has this happened to anyone else? Or does anyone here have a fix to suggest? I've GOT to get those skeleton dudes reassembled, man!

9. Kiloo_Jeppe

Thanks for the suggestions! More ways to gain ressources are on the drawing board. And actually, we will already introduce one of these in the first update for Dawnbringer coming later this week.

Thanks - and I agree: full voice acting would be epic :D

That sounds weird! Please reach out to our Support Team, I'm sure they will be able to help you. You can contact our Support directly via mail ([email protected]) or fill out this form: http://www.kiloo.com/support/dawnbringer/

10. Kiloo_Jeppe

Update #1 - Warchest

Hi guys,

We've just released the first update for Dawnbringer :)

The main feature in the update is the Warchest, a magical item that rewards you with materials.

The Warchest is unlocked in the Tower. The first time you open the chest, you will be awarded with a huge amount of Titanite, and then it's up to you what resource you will receive next time you open the chest. Because the Warchest will replenish over time, and the trick is that the longer you wait until claiming the ressource of your choice, the bigger the prize will be ;)

Hope you like the new update! If you have any questions, just bring them my way and I will do my best to answer.

[​IMG]

11. ProgPariah77

Dec 19, 2012
    So ... no activity here for several weeks. Is anyone else still playing this?

I'm working on putting the fourth skeleton back together, but I understand that once you complete number six, that's it. Are plans for additional play beyond that point still in the works?

Is there anybody out there ... ?

12. Taeles

Taeles Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 5, 2011
    I'm almost two skeletons in to the game but around that point I've started encountering the 'no response' issue of swiping occasionally doing nothing while I get smacked. I honestly don't think its an issue with the game though, I had the same issue from time to time in the Infinity Blade series and other swiper rpgs over the years. Its just something about how I swipe my finger, the angle or something.

In any case I'm popping in every time my 8hr crate yells at me too and usually stick around for 20-30 minutes running around smacking things for resources and exp.

13. ProgPariah77

Dec 19, 2012
    OK: I have to say that playing this game as the lag increases and crashes become more frequent during the back half is one of the most frustrating experiences in memory. It is particularly egregious given that I have dropped coin for an in-app purchase (the experience doubler), which I was happy to do when the game worked as advertised, but is now beginning to feel like a mistake.

Developers, you have something good here, but adding additional content and (especially) cleaning up the lag (which at times literally makes the game unplayable) are going to be essential.

Please tell me that you are working on this!

14. ProgPariah77

Dec 19, 2012
    #54 ProgPariah77, Aug 31, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2016
    Good to see that the developers are still updating this game! Just installed the latest, and I am looking forward to seeing what the additions and improvements are going to look like.

Are plans still on track for adding additional content?

Also: I have noticed that since I hit Level 30, my character no longer accumulates experience. Guess Level 30 is the highest achievable level in the current build of the game ... ? Any chance that will change with a future update?

15. Nils

Nils Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2009
    #55 Nils, Dec 9, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2016
    Winters Teeth

How do I reach Winters Teeth?
    Where can I find blue/red shards?

16. Nils

Nils Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2009
    #56 Nils, Jan 28, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2017
    Mission: Clear a dungeon

Where do I find a dungeon?
    Clearing a lair or an area like Woodfall doesnt help

Found it!

17. Hirowwwshi

Hirowwwshi New Member

Mar 21, 2018
    Act1 completed

Sorry for spoilers but any idea why the 2nd throne room doesn’t have a floor?

Attached Files: