Universal Dawn of Crafting (by Goktug Yilmaz)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Esqarrouth, May 18, 2017.

1. demirb

demirb Well-Known Member

May 18, 2016
    Dev of Crafter Game
    There's still something not quite right about his face & his body. His hands don't have fingers so thats an easy fix but the other stuff.. I'm not sure.

Btw I like the tshirt :D

2. demirb

demirb Well-Known Member

May 18, 2016
    Dev of Crafter Game
    -A better torch, will do.

A lot of people love fishing.. I think its better to keep walrus as fish meat for simplicity. More random items will clutter the bag, if the player wants 800 fishes, she will get 600 fish and 2 random shit.. Yes we need more to do with reptile skin. Dinosaur monument could be done. I'm open to more ideas.

3. Rainstormleo

Rainstormleo Member

Nov 26, 2017
    Ah, touché on fishing stuff. Now, reptile skin..hard to think of stuff to do with it that'd be actually useful. All uses for it irl are ornamental and fashion. I did have an idea for an alchemy or apothecary skill that'd use a lot of different kinds of items, but that'd take an entirely new kind of code to even make useful. Like idk what we could do with it besides like, a temporary boost to max energy or give a small chance to save durability or ingredients for a certain amount of uses. Could use a lot of reptile skin in potions.

4. Rainstormleo

Rainstormleo Member

Nov 26, 2017
    Never mind everyone, turns out I'm just a stupid idiot and I won't be able to help with anything

5. Aks78

Aks78 New Member

Dec 3, 2017
    Wonderful game; played 114 hours :) and the primary reason to start making an account on Touch Arcade and say couple of things: 1) wonderful game, 2) when Minion is out doing a task and I quit the app and come back a while later, Minion didn't complete the respective task, he just quit after the moment I quit the app. I don't think thats good, If I send Minion on gathering I expect him to gather for the full lets say 22 minutes when he has room (bag) and food in the bag; 3) I registered with my emailadress 2 weeks ago to opt in for the test version, no response since then? 4) did I say wonderful game - can't wait do see any updates!

6. Esqarrouth

Esqarrouth Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2016
    Dev
    Land of Stone
    1. Thanks
    2. Will be fixed next version
    3. We don't have new test versions that why it hasn't come. New version will be out 4 days later.
    4. Yes :D

7. mujie

mujie Member

Jan 14, 2013
    #747 mujie, Dec 3, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2017
    2. So I've already said that it makes it easier to eat food, since you can eat from your container. It also makes it easier to craft, since you can craft from containers, and you don't have to take it all out. It might make it easier to switch between containers, too.

I was also thinking: clicking the result in the recipe book doesn't move everything to the crafting slot if one of the ingredients is inside a container. It would be nice if that was changed.

Another thing I was thinking is that if you're crafting one at a time, when one of the ingredients runs out, the other ingredients and tools are removed from the crafting screen as well. I always forget that I still have the tool on screen.

With multicrafting, if you have multiple tools, and you have one of the screen, the maximum you can craft is based on the durability of the one tool, not all the tools. It's not much, but I wonder if it could take into account the maximum durability?

Sorry, just a few thoughts I had.

8. Wonderful game!

Definitely worth the $ and any in-app purchases are to support the dev, not required to advance whatsoever.

9. demirb

demirb Well-Known Member

May 18, 2016
    Dev of Crafter Game
    - Easier to eat food (pots are useful for that)
    - easier to craft (maybe we decrease the height so that you can drag to the crafting box as well)
    - I don't get how it'll make it easier to switch between containers

- clicking result: noted
    - hmm you mean if you have stone & stick it removes the stone when you run out of stick? I guess that makes sense, bcs you probably don't want to switch to making sharpstones.. :p
    - multicrafting: that would cause bugs and is a pain to code so we just postpone it.

10. demirb

demirb Well-Known Member

May 18, 2016
    Dev of Crafter Game

11. baconcow

baconcow Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2017
    Looking forward to the next update. Will ascend with it.

12. demirb

demirb Well-Known Member

May 18, 2016
    Dev of Crafter Game

1.3 - Villagers & Automation!

• 50 new villagers!
    • 10 new buildings!
    • Villager now work in buildings to produce items.

==================Details==================

Note: Sorry for the "dev message" bug. We will probably make a patch for it.

Game:
    • Added 10 new items & recipes.
    • Minion continues gathering when app is totally closed. (Thanks all)
    • Added new villager sidequests.
    • Toilet slots increased from 1,2,4 to 4,8,12.
    • Lowered Seduran deal offer time to 6 hours. (Thanks Xaeyr)
    • Sequoia investment now has a cap. (Thanks All)
    • Added a new way to earn Generation Points.
    • All quests can be skipped in new generations if you succesfully save Alf. (Thanks all)
    • When you fail to save Alf you lose 30% instead of 60%. (Thanks duck3912)
    • End game quests give Shiny Stones instead of raw GPs. (Thanks DragnLord)
    • Removed breaking chance of Coconut Shells. (Thanks Gameboy98)
    • When village destroyed Shiny Stones in buildings don't get destroyed. (Thanks BarcodeExpress)
    • Increased Mammoth thick fur amount. (Thanks Adam)
    • Mating chamber gives 1 Fishing Rod instead of 5. (Thanks Roger)

Interface:
    • Player Stats show current Generation Points.
    • Added obvious trash button. (Thanks all)
    • Shiny Stones have description saying they give GPs. (Thanks DragnLord)
    • Better explanation for Tool Belts. (Thanks Roger, DragnLord)
    • Take all & discard buttons moved to top. (Thanks All)

Misc:
    • Fixed Message Devs "Done" button not working. (Thanks All)
    • Added Twitter recipe discovery share rewards.
    • Added Twitter achivement share rewards.
    • Added Twitter follow rewards.
    • Better description to donations. (Thanks CountryBoy)

Bug Fixes:
    • Game doesn't lag and crash when Minion comes back from a long trip. (Thanks All)
    • Fixed durability adding to the wrong item. (Thanks Ralph)
    • Fixed Generation Items in crafting box not moving to the new generations. (Thanks M)
    • Fixed dragging to Belt bugs. (Thanks Ahmed)
    • Fixed transfering negative energy foods into pots from bags. (Thanks Tin)
    • Marketplace doesn't give you more items than your total storage capacity. (Thanks Yan)
    • Fixed refreshing fire durability when burning from Shed. (Thanks Roger)
    • Fixed - energy foods creating problems on trips. (Thanks BarcodExpress)
    • Fixed gambling crash.
    • Fixed village storage view refresh bug. (Thanks Roger)
    • Fixed crafting sometimes not showing item. (Thanks Rachel)

13. MulDeR

MulDeR Well-Known Member

May 22, 2017
    Game went down to 0.99 last night and i bought it. Ultra fun! i am really enjoying this one.

14. Cr33p3r

Cr33p3r New Member

Dec 8, 2017
    Love the game wish there where more slots tho:)

15. demirb

demirb Well-Known Member

May 18, 2016
    Dev of Crafter Game
    Yea thats a big problem. We tried solving it by making containers & in the later parts of the game you're able to make storage buildings and store the items there.

16. ajman444

ajman444 New Member

Dec 8, 2017
    Touch Arcade is terrible. This game is amazing

As indicated in the title, this game is incredible. Solid 5/5. Replay value is definitely there, and the new update seems great!

17. Wildhero

Wildhero Member

Oct 20, 2017
    All right! A new update! But with this update comes something... well... to be frank it's just OP.

And what is so OP one might ask?

Seemingly glitched RNG! Which thankfully has only really given me 100% chance on stuff that's like 60-70% chance. For example, this was a 20-axe run with a 69% (heh) chance of getting a large tree. After leaving it overnight (with app closed) and when I woke up I got a surprising sight not just on this gather.

I actually don't really know just how OP this might be, because there's not too much stuff this might be used for, and I've only tried hunting and woodcutting. If it works on gathering then this might be a problem for getting EZ food.

EDIT: there's another row on top with more wood, and I had 4 axes left over

Attached Files:

18. Wildhero

Wildhero Member

Oct 20, 2017
    This also seems to apply to the buildings as well.

Attached Files:

19. demirb

demirb Well-Known Member

May 18, 2016
    Dev of Crafter Game
    I changed the algorithm for it. When your minion has 69% chance of gathering an item, he discards the other items so if you send for 100seconds he will gather around 69 items, not 100.

20. demirb

demirb Well-Known Member

May 18, 2016
    Dev of Crafter Game
    What do you mean it applies to the buildings as well?