Universal Dawn of Crafting (by Goktug Yilmaz)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Esqarrouth, May 18, 2017.

1. FerrousWheel

FerrousWheel New Member

Nov 19, 2017
    Phenomenal, Addicting

I’ve had this app for less than a week and I’ve already put in 33 hours and I can’t put it down. It’s so well thought out and the micro transactions don’t make this game pay-to-win. I enjoy it top to bottom and cannot recommend it more!

2. demirb

demirb Well-Known Member

May 18, 2016
    Dev of Crafter Game
    Glad you like it. More content coming on December 7

3. demirb

demirb Well-Known Member

May 18, 2016
    Dev of Crafter Game
    Awesome, let me know if you have suggestions and such. New update coming on December 7

4. Midgetgirl05

Midgetgirl05 New Member

Jul 31, 2017
    Hey devs!

I’m wondering if there is anyway whatsoever to pass items to the next generation. I see the grandma baskets in the screen that allows me to send it to the next generation, but it says does not pass items to next gen.

Does...that mean there IS such an item I can use to pass on items to the next generation?

I’m currently in beta 1.2.6.

5. demirb

demirb Well-Known Member

May 18, 2016
    Dev of Crafter Game
    There is no such item. You can only get some of the free tools at the bottom of the mating chamber. The reason we wrote "does not pass items to next gen" is because people thought it was used to pass items to the next gen.

Edit: We didn't do it like that because then it would have been OP

6. slaata

slaata New Member

Sep 2, 2013
    Dead.

My village was attacked and I felt like I should restart. Can I just carry on ? Great game I have invested money in it and was hoping to complete it.
    Slaata

7. demirb

demirb Well-Known Member

May 18, 2016
    Dev of Crafter Game
    Yes you can continue playing for as long as you want. Resetting will give you extra items which help you gain skill faster and such. So resetting might help you more, totally up to how you'd like to play it.

8. LordBagel

LordBagel New Member

Nov 24, 2017
    Really fun and a little challenging

I have loved every minute of this game! I lit has been a different pace of puzzle solving but not so hard that it can’t be figured out! Really enjoying my playthrough!

9. Asatenaeth

Asatenaeth New Member

Nov 15, 2017
    Oh no, it works fine on iPhone X, it just doesn’t take up the whole screen. The app isn’t built to scale to the new dimensions so the top and bottom are black. I think if you use the latest XCode it should point out the new requirements.

10. demirb

demirb Well-Known Member

May 18, 2016
    Dev of Crafter Game
    Ow I see, that damn apple introducing weird shit.. I'll do the iphone X patch on v1.4

11. Rainstormleo

Rainstormleo Member

Nov 26, 2017
    #731 Rainstormleo, Nov 26, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2017
    Dawn of Crafting (By Goktug Yilmaz) Built by players, for players

Hey all you Master Crafters, Dawn of Crafting is already one of my all time favorite games,
    and every update will just make it better! The advantage with this game is that it's shaped by it's community, all your ideas are taken into consideration for the next new things. I'm here to try to help build this criminally unrecognized gem's reputation and collect the suggestions of all you gamers. I found this game on reddit and loved it so much that I decided to get involved with helping it.

December 7th marks amazing new village updates, but it's never too soon to think further ahead.
    Here are some of my ideas for the future updates to come.

-The ability to teraform and landscape your village to how you want, eventually with the ability to expand the village 1x1 at a time using resources

-New high leveled tools and tool recipes to only be obtained through treasure hunting

- A mastery level that is raised by 10% of your player+ minion skills

-A reputation system that unlocks new quests and villagers based off your quest performance and your mastery level

-Monuments to be built requiring a massive amounts of resources that unlock reputation and perks, stuff like Stonehenge and stuff

-A village happiness system, keep them fed and settle disputes etc. Happiness comes with either lowered or raised production

-New high tiered armor made by leather that needs to be cured by fire, will replace mammoth's thick fur, maybe a new max leveled hunting animal as well

-Lots and lots more quests

I have more but those are the ones I'm going to share at the moment.
    So tell me, what are your favorite ideas? Any questions or input?

P.S. Story characters in game will have an avatar when speaking eventually. And villagers.
    Firstly, if you want to see any of this we need your help to get the word out so we can afford it in the first place! So get out there and post places and tell people :D

Subreddit link: https://www.reddit.com/r/DawnOfCrafting/

Game link: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/dawn-of-crafting/id1067104191?mt=8

12. Midgetgirl05

Midgetgirl05 New Member

Jul 31, 2017
    Minor thing....would it be possible to have the ability to change the gender of my character? I don’t mind having to play as a male, but if the option is possible/feasible it could be one extra tidbit that helps drive playerbase for females. (Especially since I think it would just be an image swap)

Also, another idea I had was for 10-15 shiny stones, be able to change the items available in the merchant area, or have the ability to “construct” additions into it similar to the pyramid to offer more than just 5 offers.

13. Rainstormleo

Rainstormleo Member

Nov 26, 2017
    Yeah I want a lot to be done to merchant aspects as well. Some of the perks I mentioned with reputation would add more merchant mechanics and new merchants that specialize in a specific item group. And I'll look into the possibility of switching to female.

14. demirb

demirb Well-Known Member

May 18, 2016
    Dev of Crafter Game
    This is a reply to "http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=314527"

Its better to keep things under one thread.

Expanding the village will create shit ton of bugs. Lets keep it for further updates. We still have a lot of room in the village. Terraforming sounds interesting. I'll add it to our future list and we may get to it (no promises). It totally depends on the design, how it can be implemented, will it be intuitive, fun or just more complexity.

We've already talked about this. I like the idea, it'll definitely be in v1.4

What?

Couldn't visualize it..

Good idea, we already added pyramid for v1.3 which can be upgraded further after placing.

The design really matters in this one. If its designed to be intuitive with little complexity as possible then it could be an interesting future.

I like it.

If anyone want to write quests, reach out. We've had this topic: https://www.reddit.com/r/DawnOfCrafting/comments/63ie6i/post_quest_ideas_here/

We've sent the quest code to some people who were interested in writing more so they just wrote it and we copy pasted the code. If people got interesting ideas. We'd be happy to add them.

If you're able to draw them, we'll be happy to add them. Will you be able to draw them the way that it looks good? :D

Yes yes I like this one :D

If Rainstormleo can draw the female version of the current character we'd be happy to add it.

We got this before, the balance is important in this case. Though it doesn't seem like a major thing. Adding new items NPC images etc. are higher on the todo list.

15. mujie

mujie Member

Jan 14, 2013
    It would be nice to have the option to go back to the old settings. Drag and drop to send 1 item to the craft screen, and click on it to send the whole batch.

16. demirb

demirb Well-Known Member

May 18, 2016
    Dev of Crafter Game
  17. mujie

mujie Member

Jan 14, 2013
    I have a couple of a suggestions.

1) It would be great to have the option to switch things around. As in, the option to have dragging an object just drag one object and tapping it to take the whole thing. Like before. Cause, I don't use multi craft (which doesn't seem to have advice for? Does it take just one bar of the tool or as many as you would expect?

2) Have the option to switch the container to the lower half, so that you can feed and craft from the container.

18. demirb

demirb Well-Known Member

May 18, 2016
    Dev of Crafter Game
    I missed your earlier post..

1. Interesting, this is the first time I'm hearing this. If more people want this, then I'll do it, though people were & still sending messages about ways to put multiple items on the craft box. It just puts the whole stack when you drag it.

2. Switch container to the lower half?? Hmm seems interesting. Could you tell me a few cases and how it would be used?

19. Rainstormleo

Rainstormleo Member

Nov 26, 2017
    #739 Rainstormleo, Nov 29, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2017
    Character art!

Hey everyone, I'm working on the future avatars for quest npcs, villagers, new players, etc.
    Any ideas/suggestions/feedback is welcome as usual. Soon I'll be starting on the new items as well.
    this is far from finished but a sneak peak for you all to critique
    (he'll be holding a backpack)
    https://imgur.com/nkPbScd

20. Rainstormleo

Rainstormleo Member

Nov 26, 2017
    Also, more small ideas

Collecting light fur just for the specific use of making torches is a pain whenever you have 10 stacks of medium fur. A new torch made from peeled stick and medium fur? 35 durability? along with the new th buffs.
    Fishing is near useless later on. More rewards for higher fishing catches? Change the drops for things like the walrus. Should have med fur and red meat. I highly doubt a walrus tastes anything like fish meat. And, more random items to be caught more often, like how you'd get a shiny stone. We also need more to do with reptile scale. I was thinking of a dinosaur monument to be made with 100 but, thats just one thing. Having 10 stacks of scales and no need for scale armor is kind of a bummer.