Universal Dawn of Crafting (by Goktug Yilmaz)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Esqarrouth, May 18, 2017.

1. Grika

Grika Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Senior Technical Writer
    Twin Cities, MN
    Beta 1.0.5 report

The ending is cute, I liked it, though it makes me wonder if there was a potential for an alternate ending ...

I like the food bank pseudo quest.

I don't care for the new gambling mini game; I can't quite put my finger on it, but it just feels less winnable. I do like there are more choices as to what to play for.

I like that an item can be put in the Crafting Slot, but I wish that it would find mats in containers.

I like that recipes are discoverable — especially since I recommended it. ;-)

I wish that quests would come up as often as gambling and trading encounters.

I do have a number of typos that I'll send in email.

2. Xaeyr

Xaeyr Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2017
    Blinking?

Is there any way you can make the player and the minion blink their eyes occasionally? It creeps me out that they don't blink lol :)

3. Esqarrouth

Esqarrouth Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2016
    Dev
    Land of Stone
    Thanks for the feedback!

There are actually alternate endings. You could try adjusting your gameplay, relationships, skills to see the other endings.

We're still tweaking the new gambling.

High skill recipes being discoverable was a really helpful feature for all players, thanks for suggesting it.

We still don't have enough quests to make them come more often.

4. Esqarrouth

Oct 13, 2016
    Dev
    Land of Stone
    What do you mean by finding mats in containers?

5. Esqarrouth

Oct 13, 2016
    Dev
    Land of Stone
    I think so. Noted this suggestion. Thanks!

6. Xaeyr

Xaeyr Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2017
    I think what he means is, instead of having to pull the ingredients out of your containers to use them for recipes, the recipe would use them directly from your containers.

7. Esqarrouth

Oct 13, 2016
    Dev
    Land of Stone
    I see. However that would be confusing for more amount of people, than the amount of people it would be helpful for.

8. TZimmerman

TZimmerman Active Member

Oct 20, 2013
    Still on the fence about this game....I wish there was a free version to tryout. That way maybe you could try the game for maybe 5-10 mins before being ask to purchase to continue or something like that. I have got burn to much on buying games lately.

9. Esqarrouth

Oct 13, 2016
    Dev
    Land of Stone
    Will refund it if you don't like the game

10. Xaeyr

Xaeyr Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2017
    I've got 30 hours in the game so far and still going. For me it's well worth it :)

11. TZimmerman

TZimmerman Active Member

Oct 20, 2013
    Well can't argue with that!

12. TZimmerman

TZimmerman Active Member

Oct 20, 2013
    My only problem with the game is not enough slots/room. I think paying ten bucks for 16 slots when you already had to buy the game is kinda not cool. I understand if the game was free then maybe but since you bought it. I think that's the biggest downfall and I have 3 containers and still not enough room. I think that's really the biggest problem with games now days....lack of room. That's not good when your game is made around crafting and to do so you need room. Love the game just a put off.

13. Esqarrouth

Oct 13, 2016
    Dev
    Land of Stone
    Well, you're not supposed to have too much room and need to manage your items efficiently. But you can craft containers as your skill increases, so if you want more room, increase your Wood Working skill to craft bigger containers. IAP is like a cheat code for players who are too lazy or impatient.

I'm glad you've liked it, let me know if anything else bothers you.

14. Xaeyr

Xaeyr Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2017
    I'm thinking no matter how many containers you have, it's never going to be enough room :) I have 15 containers, most of which are 8 slot or 6 slot, and I still run out of room at times :)

15. demirb

demirb Well-Known Member

May 18, 2016
    Dev of Crafter Game
    So what could be a good solution for this problem?

1. I'm thinking a way to stack the different durability tools on top of each other will empty some space.
    2. We got a request saying the containers should be on a different slot. Like a container slot on the right of the inventory, make the inventory space smaller etc..

Though they bring some bugs with them. Any better ideas are welcomed.

16. Xaeyr

Xaeyr Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2017
    For me it's simply a matter of learning to manage my inventory and not hoard everything. I've been trying to create what I need only when I need it and then destroy any leftover ingredients once I'm done.

17. Xaeyr

Xaeyr Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2017
    #57 Xaeyr, Jul 4, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2017
    Grrr...

Nevermind :)

18. Xaeyr

Xaeyr Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2017
    #58 Xaeyr, Jul 4, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2017
    Move how many and split stack...

Would it be possible, when moving an item from your inventory to your crafting table, for it to ask you how many of that item you want to move? Currently if I have a stack of 100 water and I only want to use 30, I have to tap the water 30 times.

Also, along the same lines, when you long tap an item and it pops up the description, it might be helpful to have a button on the description that lets you split the stack of that item.

19. Esqarrouth

Oct 13, 2016
    Dev
    Land of Stone
    I'm curious. Is this the first time you're suggesting this feature?

20. Xaeyr

Xaeyr Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2017
    As far as I know, yes. Why?