Universal Dawn of Crafting (by Goktug Yilmaz)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Esqarrouth, May 18, 2017.

1. jaydude84

jaydude84 New Member

Mar 10, 2012
    Best iOS game I've played in a long time

Great job Esqarrouth, I have been trying to good crafting/resource management game for a long time now and this has been an incredible experience. I do personally blame you for not getting enough done around the house this week though :)

I just reached the point where I can start a new generation and had a couple questions for this board:

1. What exactly is the point of starting a new generation and when should I do it? I've read the information panel in game and have seen the immediate benefits for when I start over the first time, but it doesn't quite feel equitable to what I'm giving up. I have spent the past 20ish hours or so building up all these skills and resources and I'd hate to give all that up, even if I do have the ability to get crafting gloves and future neanderthal recipes. Also the +10 energy seems a lot less useful now that I've unlocked the ability to automatically feed myself and get near unlimited energy. Am I missing something here and can I get to an ending without restarting?

2. What happens to my village after the generation? Does all that go away too?

3. The "donation" page with in-app purchases tell us that all items can be unlocked at some point, so how do I get the grandmother's box that you can bring to the next generation (sorry, don't have the game in front of me)? I would also be interested in how to unlock the other benefits in the $25 range, but cannot afford that high of a price. I realize that large in-app purchases are part of what iOS does, but that is why I don't spend money on those games and I do on this one.

Suggestions: Decrease the in-app purchases and offer more for the money. A $1 tablet that unlocks one small part of a recipe isn't worth it when wikis are available so I think the $1 price tag needs to offer something else. Maybe a neanderthal recipe? The generation box is also not worth the $10 right now, but perhaps worth $5. Also, anything that costs $25 immediately puts up red flags for me in a game like this because of how mistrustful we are of iOS games. The developers have shown they are not greedy people and advertise this as a complete game, but that makes us suspicious when we are just starting out.

Please understand that I say these as a fan and not as a critic.

2. Esqarrouth

Esqarrouth Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2016
    Dev
    Land of Stone
    Thanks! The house work will be there next week too :p

1. Cool guide: https://www.reddit.com/r/DawnOfCrafting/comments/6ri17c/guide_to_generation_items/
    2. Yes
    3. Granny's box can be bought while starting a new generation

Suggestions: We recently reduced the price of all IAPs. For example recipe part tablet was $5 before and people were buying for the purpose of donations. There is a slight advantage in buying a tablet: You don't get all the recipes, and you can discover that one piece and try to solve the rest by yourself. We're still trying to learn the right pricing so we are open to more suggestions, thanks a lot for giving us feedback!

3. DragnLord

DragnLord Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2017
    No I can't believe I didn't think of that!
    But wouldn't I need to move a container out of my village storage to put the backpack in?

4. DragnLord

Aug 4, 2017
    On this not could you also add just a donation button where you don't get anything. Some people don't want items. Just want to say thanks for a great game.

5. jaydude84

jaydude84 New Member

Mar 10, 2012
    I think this would alleviate some of my concerns as well. I would personally rather just donate than purchase an item because I'd rather not reinforce in-app purchases. We send messages with our wallets and I want to send the message that I value the work you do instead of that I am impatient and want to cheese the system.

PS: Thanks for the reply earlier.

6. jaydude84

jaydude84 New Member

Mar 10, 2012
    #226 jaydude84, Aug 6, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2017
    Question about skill-ups

Edit: According to the generation info on reddit, it looks like the chance for a skill-up goes down as a level increases so this is probably not a bug. Will keep the original question up in case someone else has the same question.

Is there a limit to the number of skill-ups you can get from a particular item? I was trying to level my woodworking by crafting advanced bows and was only occasionally getting skill-ups from it. I have a 53% chance to craft it, but out of the dozen times or I so I tried to craft it, I only got two 0.1 skill-ups and didn't get credit for the other 5 or so missed times. I couldn't tell if it was a bug or a part of the game deciding how high my level could get.

7. DragnLord

Aug 4, 2017
    #227 DragnLord, Aug 6, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2017

8. DragnLord

Aug 4, 2017
    This is great news! I didn't notice that I never lost my tokens. But I never seem to have any space in my backpack #

9. demirb

demirb Well-Known Member

May 18, 2016
    Dev of Crafter Game
    Xaeyr also wanted it so umm, lets see if another person also wants it, if so I'll add it back as an option.

10. Xaeyr

Xaeyr Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2017
    Finally figured it out and it took me WAY too long to realize what item I needed lol :)

11. Zorgatone

Zorgatone New Member

Aug 6, 2017
    Its just super cool. Love it #

12. Esqarrouth

Oct 13, 2016
    Dev
    Land of Stone
    Yeah, well you could build extra storages :p

13. Esqarrouth

Oct 13, 2016
    Dev
    Land of Stone
    No limit per item. It all depends on your skill and fail chance.

14. DragnLord

Aug 4, 2017
    Fair point

15. Amberzak

Amberzak New Member

Aug 6, 2017
    Great game

I'm hooked. I love it. Storage is a problem, but I like to think of that as part of the challenge.

Is there a way to find shiny stones?

16. Esqarrouth

Oct 13, 2016
    Dev
    Land of Stone

17. Esqarrouth

Oct 13, 2016
    Dev
    Land of Stone
    You could always throw away the items you get. But if more people want this feature, we can add it. Also some players asked for paypal account to donate directly without paying Apple a cut.

18. DragnLord

Aug 4, 2017
    Yeah that sounds like a better idea. I would love to support you guys without the middle man.

19. Esqarrouth

Oct 13, 2016
    Dev
    Land of Stone
    There are a few ways of obtaining shiny stones. I'm pretty sure I saw a mini tutorial about it here or in reddit, but couldn't find it :(

20. Esqarrouth

Oct 13, 2016
    Dev
    Land of Stone
    Well you know how to find us :D