Universal David. (By Andrew Armstrong)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Apr 8, 2014.

1. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    Was fun for bout 10 min. Repetitious lameness.

2. uFinKnow

uFinKnow Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2014
    I thought I was missing something. Tried 10 times at least to get my box to move thought it was me being dumb. Just read that IPad mini is not supported. Feel a lot better now. Any news on when the update will be available for IPad mini? Thanks in advance. Game looks great.

3. Fermenter

Fermenter Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2014
    Brooklyn, NY
    Sent a fix to Apple as soon as I could yesterday. The ball is in their court now. Shouldn't be too long (usually takes a week or so from what I hear). Thanks for your patience, everyone! I'm sincerely sorry for this issue. Totally my fault!

(Anyone who has been affected by this, PM me and I can give you a code for a free PC/Mac copy. It's the least I can do!)

4. Yeah, I told my friend to buy it, and she did, and she told me that the graphics were strange on her ipad mini, anyway, thanks for the update!

5. mzinn

mzinn Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2014
    Where are the controls? The splash screen shows part of the word David & part of the word new ( i think that what it says) ive rebooted & done a hard reboot. No menu showing either. Help!

6. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    Are you using first gen mini? Read the posts above you.

7. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I have to, in some degree, agree with this. The repetitiveness isnt so bad for me, but...

Been having fun with this game til the game difficulty ramps up. The bad thing is, it's not entirely difficult because of game design, but becaase of how the game is played. The controls arent getting any better despite having killed 6 bosses already, im still struggling with it on the ipad.

Im guessing those who play on the iphones will have an easier time, but then their thumbs will be covering most of the screen too, so im not sure.

8. coolpepper43

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    Please make the halo larger. It gets me killed every time. Thanks

9. mzinn

mzinn Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2014
    #109 mzinn, Apr 10, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2014
    Nope latest ipad running updated ios. I play tons of games. Huge graphics games to the smallest game and they all run great. This game does not display correct for some reason.

10. Tscott

Tscott New Member

Apr 10, 2014
    I'm on an ipad2 and having same issues. Can't move in tutorial.

11. Quantum Apocalypse

Quantum Apocalypse Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Just to let people know, the issue applies to non-retina iPads, not just the iPad Mini 1 - it also includes the iPad 2. A slightly stretched game appears to apply on all iPads.

12. Fermenter

Mar 24, 2014
    Brooklyn, NY
    Thanks for helping with clarification, Quantum Apocalypse. This issue should be completely resolved when the update pushes through the submission process. Thanks again for your patience, everyone!

13. coolpepper43

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    Any way you can make the halo larger? At least for me on the ipad mini retina it's becomes pretty small at times and it gets me killed a lot. Thanks. :)

14. Fermenter

Mar 24, 2014
    Brooklyn, NY
    It definitely gets tiny at times, but this isn't necessarily a bad thing. Even on the smaller iPhone, with precision and practice, you can become a super champ winner. :cool: :D

If I continue to see feedback like yours though, I'll definitely consider balancing the halo size a bit larger. Thanks for being an early supporter, coolpepper!

15. coolpepper43

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    Thank YOU for making an awesome game! I don't know, maybe the scaling is wrong because the ipad mini retina is smaller than the ipad retina and it just made everything smaller.

16. Quantum Apocalypse

Quantum Apocalypse Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    I feel that the halo can get a bit small at times (mainly in Sin), whilst sometimes the camera zooms in too much (and you get killed by enemies jumping into view)

17. coolpepper43

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    Yes, 100% agree o both of those points. But the halo problem with me exists in most levels.

18. mzinn

mzinn Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2014
    Cool thanks for correcting. Hopefully it will move fast through the submission. I'm excited to play as the concept grabs me.

19. jdelstrother

jdelstrother Member

Apr 10, 2014
    Does anyone else have problems with no sound? On my 5S, there's no sound despite toggling the in-game audio options, mute switch, volume buttons etc. Other game play audio fine.

20. Fermenter

Mar 24, 2014
    Brooklyn, NY
    Odd, I've never seen this issue before. Sorry about that! I'll look into it for sure. I assume you've tried restarting the app and/or phone, yes?