Universal DATA WING (by Dan Vogt)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by DanVogt, Aug 17, 2017.

1. neca

neca Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2010
    Excellent game. I too wish we can get to know the end of the story!

2. CraigG

CraigG Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2009
    Food for thought. My take was much simpler:

We're basically playing a dumb service within a girl's iPhone. Said girl feels her mum doesn't listen, and sends her to camp. Meanwhile, the phone's main systems work under the promise they will one day be real people, and therefore do everything they can for the user – or at least think they do.

Over time, we learn the girl is unhappy, and her parents have split up. Her dad's kind of a jerk. But she finds the retreat her mum sent her to is actually fun. Her life starts to have an upwards trend, until she hears her mum's been in a terrible car accident, and her dad's trying to get hold of her. Meanwhile, some malware has infiltrated the phone, but seems benign.

The twist comes when the phone's system turns out be a massive full-of-itself entitled jerk, and the malware decides if it's going to die, it's going to do so doing the right thing – with your help: delivering a final, important message.

You succeed. The girl gets her message, and the screen fades to white. I assume it's down to the player to decide what that final message said, and imprint their own ending.

3. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Ha! Nope, I can't seem to touch you guys!

4. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

#64 Anotherkellydown, Aug 24, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2017
    It's always a win for me to see my friends playing and competing in the games I love. :)

On a side note, I can't replay the
    prism or the two levels after it.
    It says, 'DENIED'. Maybe I didn't finish after all? #

5. DanVogt

DanVogt Member

Jun 9, 2017
    I couldn't have summed up the story better myself! This is 100% spot-on. :)

6. sweetdiss

sweetdiss Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2009
    I'm coming for ya AKD!

7. MestrePanda

MestrePanda New Member

Sep 29, 2017
    This game is awesome, I really can't remember the last time I played something this good.
    Too bad we can't get to know the end of the story.

One thing I'm curious:

On the last message from Mother, she tooks 100 shiny gems. Ok, but will something happend if I repeat this process over and over? I'm in 555541504 shiny gems. It may be worthless? But I will try (made a script for it).

8. DanVogt

DanVogt Member

Jun 9, 2017
    Oh gosh! Nothing happens, no.
    Sorry! Hahahaha...

9. Shimumi

Shimumi New Member

Oct 21, 2017
    You can replay the final levels by tapping the "access denied" button 5 times. (Pretty sure its intentional)

10. Gollnir

Gollnir New Member

Nov 14, 2017
    I completed the registration only to thank you for this masterpiece. I can sincerely tell you that this is surely the game with more personality that I ever played on Android, you and your colleagues really made a great work!
    Continue on this road! #

P.S.
    I already shared the game with some friends ;)

11. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    #71 Andy C83, May 29, 2018
    Last edited: May 29, 2018
    There was a point last year where I didn’t have have an iDevice for a few months; some great games fell through the cracks for me during that time and Data Wing is definitely one of them.

I downloaded this today and am loving it. I’ve just reached the first leaderboard race and was not surprised to see Sweetdiss and Bez at the top. Well, I mean, they were. ;)

sebgo likes this.
  12. SnakeULTIMATE

SnakeULTIMATE Member

Apr 3, 2020
    Male
  13. sebgo

sebgo Well-Known Member

That's what I thought when I came across Data Link.

DATA WING is great, definitely one of my favorite mobile games. ♡