Universal Dashy Crashy (by Dumpling)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by touchy85, Dec 16, 2015.

1. dumpling

dumpling Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2013
    Game Designer, Game Maker, Director
    Shanghai, China / Sheffield, UK
    Arcade Season Week #3 Car!

The DRIIIFT RACER! should be dropping later today - sorry for the slight delay. Its 'Endless Racing' is the most complex car we've made, also after last weeks 'easy event' this weeks event is a bit more of a challenge ##

Attached Files:

2. chief78

chief78 Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    Holy crap, yeah this is a much harder challenge. Gonna be a nail biter to get it done! #

3. dumpling

Apr 7, 2013
    Hopefully not 'too' stressful (I originally set it to 1st Place requirements, but lowered it to Top 3). Can I ask, did you unlock the TOFU DRIFTER XR? If so, is it still unlocked with the latest update? We've had a couple of reports of this happening, trying to get to the bottom of it. ##

4. hvianna

hvianna Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2012
    Male
    IT Analyst / Webmaster
    Brazil
    #144 hvianna, Sep 22, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2017
    I unlocked the Tofu Drifter in the previous event and I'm pretty sure it was still unlocked when I first run this new update, before I got the new car gift. I saw your post and opened the game to check and now it's locked!

I'm really enjoying the new race mode!

Edit: just in case it helps narrowing the problem, I didn't unlocked the Outrunner.

5. dumpling

Apr 7, 2013
    Thx for the feedback! I've *just* recreated the problem on my wifes ver. - she didn't update! - we're looking into what the problem is and will push a fix ASAP (if needed, we'll run the event again to give folks another chance to collect again).

Glad you're liking the new race mode, I think we got a bit carried away ����

6. webman2k

webman2k Well-Known Member

May 7, 2009
    Was just going to post that the tofu drifter was locked again after I unlocked it before. Great to see I'm not the only one. New challenge is definitely harder, but I'm chipping away at it #

7. chief78

Jul 24, 2012
    Same on the Tofu Drifter here. Yeah this challenge is too grindy. Too many games to keep up with and I can maybe finish top 3 twice to three times (if I'm lucky) in 1 run.

8. Igoo

Igoo Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2008
    Agreed. I gave up on this one. Too grindy.

9. dumpling

Apr 7, 2013

We have a fix that *seems* to be working - it reinstates any previously unlocked event cars, hassle free - and should go live in this weeks upcoming ver. 2.7. "GENTLEMAN START YOUR ENGINES"

10. webman2k

May 7, 2009
    Ok. Finally cleared the driiift racer. Those mother fluffing racers jumping into my lane at the last second, and their unexpected speed boosts... as someone else said, this one was a little grind, but rewarding to finish. Might not ever touch this car again though ;)

11. dumpling

Apr 7, 2013
    Good work! The DRIIIFT RACER was on the tricky side, I'm looking to make some adjustments to AI and Score/Time Bonus (more reward based on finishing position to increase variability).

If anyone has any feedback on any of the Arcade Season cars, post your thoughts, I'll be making a bunch of tweaks at the end of the season based on feedback #

12. dumpling

Apr 7, 2013
    Arcade Season Week #4 Cars!

GENTLEMEN START YOUR ENGINES!… soon.
    This weeks Dashy Crashy update should go live tonight/tomorrow and will have 2 new cars to unlock: the AT-DAYTONA and the MT-DAYTONA. Apologies, we *really* wanted to try making a ‘Slipstream Mode’ this week.

Attached Files:

13. chief78

Jul 24, 2012
    Very cool! So what's the difference between the 2 cars? AT and MT makes me instantly think auto or manual transmission...

14. dumpling

Apr 7, 2013
    Correct, the DAYTONAs are a nod to Automatic and Manual Transmission - but in our case it's boosting. Selecting AT auto boosts when slipstreaming - driving behind a car - by quickly moving between cars you can combo your boost. MT is the standard boosting with slight tweaks. Both cars introduce a new 'checkpoint mode', whereby players need to pass a fixed number of rivals (cars) to extend time, and both award bonus points for slipstreaming.

15. webman2k

May 7, 2009
    New update is tons of fun. You guys really know how to keep this game interesting! One odd thing though, when the cars were unlocked to start the promotion, I already had a gold metal on one of them. Weird.

16. dumpling

Apr 7, 2013
    Thanks! We've had a few people report the 'free medals' - not really sure what's happening there, but we're looking into it. Perhaps by the end of the season we'll manage bug free ## (honestly, this is probably not the best way to keep making content, but it certainly keeps things lively).

17. dumpling

Apr 7, 2013
    #157 dumpling, Oct 1, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2017
    Ver. 2.7 **SPEEDWAY EVENT**

START YOUR ENGINES with AT & MT DAYTONA'S! Pass 20,000 rivals before October 5th!

• Select AT for automatic boosting or MT for manual boosting...
    • … SLIPSTREAM and pass rivals for Bonus Time & Score.

Travis: "TUU TU-TU TUU TU-TU TU-TU TU-RUU-" Ahhhh the sweet soundtrack to my life for over 20 years now!

I think the AT and MT DAYTONA’s were the first models we created for Arcade Season, along with the DRIIIFT RACER. Our goal this week was to create ‘Automatic’ and ‘Manual’ gameplay themed around boosting; the AT version automatically boosts when drafting (driving behind) other cars, this was a late experiment but the fun of weaving between rivals to ‘combo’ your boost felt right. For the MT we tried implementing a ‘Hi-Lo’ gear-shift, but it felt less fun than the normal handling so we dropped it, tweaked its drift and award bonus score for drafting. Finally to get that speedway feel, we replaced traffic with rivals and introduced a ‘Checkpoint’ system for passing set numbers of them, to (hopefully) give the game its own feel.

You’ll notice we’re also trying multiple cars this week to give a choice of unlocks, and a greater goal for our more dedicated Dashy Crashers out there ��

ARCADE SEASON continues Oct. 5

18. webman2k

May 7, 2009
    Awesome update. Cleared both cars. The AT was a true challenge and tons of fun. There are already so many different mechanics in this game that all work brilliantly. One thing I did notice in this challenge, the in game events still happened, with sound bytes and theme music unique to each one (aliens, a-team, etc), but the cars were all using the stock car model. I'd recommend just pulling out these events for the special challenges, or using the correct models.

19. dumpling

Apr 7, 2013
    Hey glad you had fun with it, Dashy Crashy's a bit of a toy-box for us at the mo, where we're trying out different mechanics and seeing what people find fun, next weeks is a good example of that #. The event audio occurs because I map rivals to pre-existing traffic with handling tweaks, it's on my 'end of arcade season tweaks and fixes' list ##

20. dumpling

Apr 7, 2013
    Arcade Season Week #5 Cars!

LONG EASY RIGHT, BABY!
    This weeks Dashy Crashy update should go live tonight/tomorrow: unlock RALLY GT and RALLY DELTA.

This week offers up something completely different - is there such as thing as going *too far* with these updates? - we love playing it, hope you guys do to! ##

Attached Files: