Universal Darkside by Clockwork Pixels (Universal)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jun 25, 2012.

1. RayZZoo

RayZZoo Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2011
    Belgium
    I remember the mission 22. It is very hard, but it is possible (I'm now at mission 62).

The success of this kind of mission depends of which weapons you will pick up at the beginning of the mission.

2. Clockwork Pixels

Clockwork Pixels Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2012
    Ah, it's a Beacons mission. These shouldn't be too bad ... I wonder maybe if TicTac was protecting the beacons rather than shooting them.

The trick is to keep charging the beacons up fully as you come across them. The light on the top becomes bright after a few shots, but it's not until a beacon is discharging plasma that it's full charged (and so doesn't need to be recharged again so soon).

3. melez

melez Member

Jul 13, 2012
    France
    Great game still hard to move and play.

If you have 5 minute you can play at this game he is not too long by mission. After few mission you lost the help and it's harder to play.

I have some difficulty to avoid asteroid and we lost a lot of live quickly.

4. TicTac

TicTac Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2011
    I managed to complete it. It was tough because I kept smashing into the big rocks. I'm on the easiest setting :/

What do you mean by charging the beacons? Do you mean the shield can be recharged?

5. Clockwork Pixels

Mar 24, 2012
    Hi TicTac, great to hear you got past that level. I'll have a look at tweaking the easiest setting.

Charging the beacons, means that you have to shoot the towers which have green lighting coming out of them. Over time they fade out and when too many fade out the level ends in failure. When you shoot these towers it charges them up again making them nice and bright.

Thanks again!
    George

6. masvil

masvil Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2011
    Game Impressions

@Clockwork Pixels well done, but on iphone screen is almost unplayable because of... no space to move your ship :-(
    On iPad is excellent, maybe the best space dual shooter together with Infinity Field.

7. Clockwork Pixels

Mar 24, 2012
    Thanks, due to the screen size the game does take a bit more concentration to play on the iPhone/iPod. I find myself holding up the device closer to my eyes, which helps as technically there's no other difference between the iPhone & iPad versions.

Because the ship is locked to the center of the screen, at least your thumbs shouldn't get in the way of the action while playing! : )

Cheers,
    George

8. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Thank you for the iCloud update!

Is there any chance that this'll get iPhone 5 widescreen support?

9. Clockwork Pixels

Mar 24, 2012
    Hi, sorry for the delay ... yes, the plan is to update all the games for 5th gen screens, it's the next thing on the engine to-do list : )

Cheers,
    George

10. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Awesome! Thanks so much for the response. Looking forward to playing the game in widescreen. =oD

You guys rock.

11. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Any news?

12. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Guess that's a no... But more... Ignorielike.

13. DonnyDJ76

DonnyDJ76 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Male
    Teacher
    Hackensack, NJ
    Please consider porting Scavenger, which would probably do quite well on the iPhone/iPad...

14. Clockwork Pixels

Mar 24, 2012
    Sorry for the delay, both in my reply and the update. I've had to prioritize a couple of iOS titles (Pyracubes & Mirror Mixup) as I was about to lose their names on the App Store (Apple only let you reserve app names for a few months).

Both are done now, so I'm going to release a quick Puppy Sanctuary update (fixes a crash bug on the completion screen), then I'm working on the 4" screen, with Darkside being the priority : )

Thanks : ) I recently made a big update to the game's code to make it port-able to iOS. I still need to fix and improve some things, but hopefully it'll appear in a few months time.

15. Clockwork Pixels

Mar 24, 2012
    Quick update ... the 4-inch display update for iPhone 5 and iPod Touch 5th Gen has just been submitted ... I think it came out really nice (my first widescreen game too), hope you like it : )

Cheers,
    George

16. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Awesome!!! Update just went live! =oD

Thank you SO SO SO SO SO SO SO friggin much! Game looks awesome on the 4 inch screen...

Time to get back into Survival. =oD

17. Clockwork Pixels

Mar 24, 2012
    Thanks, I had a cold for a few days and so missed the update going live ... I was pleased about not having to stretch things too much, and the engine's updated now to make future 4" conversions nice and quick ... so all's good : )

18. Wrath

Wrath Well-Known Member

May 26, 2011
    Seattle
    Yes! Just updated with 64-bit compatibility - whew! (This is one of those games I never seem to uninstall.)

Hoping lots of other developers do the same, or I'm going to lose a lot of classics!

19. Clockwork Pixels

Mar 24, 2012
    Thanks ... I hope it is 64-bit compatible, all my dev software was up to date and I didn't get any errors while submitting so I'm assuming all is okay. I expected it to be more difficult :)

I also took the chance to remove the IAP ... made it a standard paid app. This means if you tried the game out in the past, you now have the full version. I've released a 'lite' edition for anyone wanting to try out the game for free.

Cheers,
    George

20. escapedturkey

escapedturkey Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Clockwork Pixels is one of my favorite developers. Be sure to check out Pyracubes for iOS.

I wish we could get iOS versions of Scavenger and Arklight. I suggest checking out the PC versions, they're great games. :cool: