Universal Darkness Rises (by NEXON Company)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Jun 21, 2018.

1. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA

Darkness Rises: Adventure RPG

NEXON Company
    Darkness Rises is a revolutionary Action RPG that blends gorgeous graphics, innovative gameplay, and intense boss battle…
    Free
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    Darkness Rises is a revolutionary Action RPG that blends gorgeous graphics, innovative gameplay, and intense boss battles, all within the palm of your hands. Darkness spreads across the land, bringing with it a horde of ferocious demons ready to breach our gates. An epic fantasy RPG awaits - the path will be grueling, but you must persevere and descend into hell itself to destroy this evil before it ravages our world. Legendary heroes are at your beck and call, from the earth-shattering Berserker to the magic-wielding Wizard. Character customization lets you choose from a number of classes that fits your playstyle and design your character as you see fit. Hack and slash through fearsome monsters with a flurry of powerful skills. Enter the PvP arena and unleash your might against other players. This Epic roleplaying games pits you against demons and worse– can you rise to the challenge? Conquer the darkness before it conquers you. Download now. Key Features: ADVENTURE RPG • Hack and slash your way through demons and hordes of monsters • Single player RPG mode lets you face the demonic horde on your own • Explore the various levels of dark dungeons EPIC BOSS FIGHTS • This Roleplaying games with challenging boss battles that will put your skills to the test • PvE battles grow more intense as you venture deeper into the abyss BEST RPG EXPERIENCE • Enjoy epic visuals that will truly immerse you into the world of Darkness Rises • Fantasy RPG gameplay mechanics - use the Soul Link ability to seize control of monsters and turn your enemies against themselves • Take legendary heroes on dungeon raids - gather your allies to explore menacing dungeons and discover rare loot • Join a guild and form a party of warriors CHARACTER CUSTOMIZATION • The Character creator lets you build your character from the ground up • Warrior, Wizard, Assassin or Berserker – choose your class and descend into darkness Level up in this adventure RPG and face the forces of darkness with your party. Download Darkness Rises today for a free RPG experience like no other! Follow us on official communities to get latest news and updates! Facebook: www.facebook.com/NexonDarknessRises PLUG: www.plug.game/darknessrises/ Terms of Service: http://m.nexon.com/terms/304 Privacy Policy: http://m.nexon.com/terms/305 Recommended Specifications: iPhone 6S or higher / iOS 9.0 or higher Minimum Specifications: iPhone 5S / iOS 11 (For iPhone 6S or higher: iOS 9.0) ■ App Permission Information In order to provide services below, we are requesting certain permissions. [Optional Permission] Camera: To take photos or record videos for upload Photos: To save and upload photos / videos Security: Custom Ad Provision and Service Usage Analysis [Permission Management] ▶Go to Settings > Privacy, select a permission and toggle the button next to the app's name. ※ This app offers in-app purchases. You can disable this feature by adjusting your device settings.
    Information
    Seller:NEXON Company
    Genre:Action, Role Playing
    Release:Jun 20, 2018
    Updated:Aug 09, 2022
    Version:1.69.0
    Size:143.7 MB
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating:Unrated
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

johnapos likes this.
  2. JasonLL

JasonLL Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2014
    Male
    Played through the first Adventure and was very impressed with the overall game so far. I really like the art style, has a bit more grit and realism than similar east / west style games of its ilk and thankfully the character customization is pretty decent. The combat is a mixture between Lineage (in look) and Dungeon Hunter, feels very light and fast with special cinematic kills sprinkled throughout. Another feature that is really cool is taking control of monsters and using them to wreck havoc on helpless enemies.

Haven’t played enough for a final judgment but a big thumbs up for the early game.

3. taiga97

taiga97 Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2014
    Not out in Japan yet so....

4. Zeillusion

Zeillusion Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2013
    Big fan so far.

Difference than most hack n’ slash mobile games. Close camera, tight controls, cinematic kills. It’s like a stage based lineage in terms of progression.

Enjoying it!

JasonLL likes this.
  5. Wicked8146

Wicked8146 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Nov 17, 2009
    Dinosaur hunter
    Los Angeles
    You can increase the size of your girl character's boobs in the character editor.

deresi likes this.
  6. deresi

deresi Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2018
    Really?! :eek::eek:...:oops::oops:...:);)

7. boydstr

boydstr Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2016
    Male
    Gamer
    Netherlands
    Is there anyone that tried the game on iPhone 6+ IOS 11.4 thanks in advance.

8. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    What’s the final installed size of this?

9. JasonLL

Feb 21, 2014
    Male
    1.47 gigabyte on my iPad.

10. JasonLL

Feb 21, 2014
    Male
    The progression system was my favorite part of Lineage II. Having plenty of tasks to do daily kept me entertained, for awhile at least. Darkness Rises uses almost the exact system. The immersion breaking condensed MMO world and strong emphasis on auto pilot gameplay (even with taking control every now and then to kite a big boss) eventually made me lose interest in Lineage but it did have plenty of good ideas.

I’ve reached story chapter 13 in Darkness Rises and have three characters going at the moment. I can easily say, out of all the hack & slash games I’ve played for mobile, this has been my favorite one so far.

11. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    Thanks!

12. fring

fring Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 26, 2017
    USA
    Count me in as a relatively surprised fan too! It definitely made a positive first impression when it didn't totally waste my time during the giant download after the initial installation. For one, the game continues downloading in the background, but more importantly, they let you tool around in the character creator during the whole download. At least for me, it worked out that I was just finishing my character when it told me the download was complete.

On the topic of the character creator, it's pretty ridiculously detailed. I did like that the extreme options for almost everything were totally weird, so you could really get a sense of what was happening when you were moving the sliders around. Honestly, more hilarious than the boob-size slider was the butt-size slider. Lastly, as a warning for new players, once you sign off on the character creator, it costs a not-insignificant amount of currency to go back in a make changes, so definitely make sure you're pretty happy with it before you call it quits.

Gameplay overall feels good. I'm always happy when the control/gameplay is complex enough that the auto-play mode doesn't put me to shame, so that I feel like I'm not totally wasting my time whenever I don't just let the game play itself for me. Much like Lineage, this game definitely wants you to just plug in your phone and let it grind out materials for you whenever you can't pay attention to it. Another heads up to new players, the Day 2 and 3 log in rewards are about an order of magnitude more powerful than any other equipment you'll find until at least the Day 7 log in reward. So don't get too attached to your Day 1 gear finds.

Overall, the game it feel most similar to is a Gamevil game called ArcheAge Begins, which I ended up enjoying quite a bit for a couple weeks before getting bored. I can see this one going the same way.

My main complaint would be the extreme focus on monetizing the character's appearance. Along with costing money to change your appearance, all gear comes in only 1-3 default color schemes and you have to spend dye tickets to change one aspect of each gear's color to another random color. And, of course, dye tickets are quite rare (but you can buy 100 for just 10 bucks!).

13. PBSNellie

PBSNellie Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Southern CA
    OMG not cartoon boobies again.

14. fring

fring Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 26, 2017
    USA
    Unrelated to the game but an issue for either the mods or TouchArcade itself, the link to the forum discussions from the hot/new games list still goes to the soft-launch thread, which has been closed.

15. JasonLL

Feb 21, 2014
    Male
    The character customization is really good for this type of game. Reminds me of the 2K sports games allowing the player the freedom to craft a very unique looking character. Some people can go a bit crazy with the appearance tools but that’s what happens when you give certain people too much power :D.

16. WjndWalk3r

WjndWalk3r Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2015
    The game full size is supprised me lol ,it's almost 500mb as my ipad storage show me including updated content when you first run the game lol, in my ipad there is Girls frontline. an 2D game with not much voice over or cinematic it's almost cost 3GB of storage lol. How can this 3D game can be so light xD

17. Sequence

Sequence Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2012
    Most impressive to me is how optimized this game is on the iPhone X. Usually graphically intensive games like this (like Lineage, Shadowgun Legends, HIT, etc.) really heat up the device. I run this on max settings an it barely gets warm.