Universal Darkness Reborn - (by GAMEVIL Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Nov 18, 2014.

1. sivad

sivad Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2013
    New update includes "balance and tweaks" $$$! ;)

2. wedge598

wedge598 Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2013
    #42 wedge598, Apr 22, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2015
    Just started playing and I like it so far. There seems to be all the basics you'd want from a online RPG. Nothing quite as deep as Kingsroad but enough to keep you entertained for a short while.

My fear is that a paywall awaits and when it does come it'll be a doozy. The IAP prices are absurd. I'm sorry, but any developer that prices their mobile game way above a full fledged console or PC game needs a reality check.

Many of the single items for purchase would cost you $100 to buy outright. Seriously. Who is paying $100 for a pair of wings you can put on one video game character for a mobile game?

3. Palanthian

Palanthian Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2016
    After trying pretty much every ARPG I can get my hands on, including Dungeon Hunter 5 and Clash for Dawn, I just wanted to give this game some love, a plug, and maybe persuade anyone else looking for a decent ARPG to give it a try.

The problem with Dungeon Hunter, and so many others, is that they feel like fast-based arcade button mashers. Either that, or they use highly stylised graphics which prevent me from immersing myself in the game world. My background in MMORPGs was Lord of the Rings Online (LOTRO) and my favourite class was the warden.

The main melee class in Darkness Reborn is almost a carbon copy of the LOTRO warden, minus the gambit system. It's slightly slower-paced combat, allowing you to run around enemies and attack in a smarter way. It feels better than any other game in its genre on IOS and I'm loving it so far.

I haven't hit a paywall yet, I got a very generous set of starter gear as a reward when I started playing. It's a slightly older game, but the comments on this thread simply don't do it justice at all. I really feel like they've got this one right, so give it a try.