Universal Darkness Reborn - (by GAMEVIL Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Nov 18, 2014.

1. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
  2. MasonHurst

MasonHurst Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2013
    Yeah don't let that guy talk about your wife/girlfriend that way! #

Glad to see a fellow gamer that seems sane in his posting... though you may find that a liability around here.

Greets!

3. FilipJ

FilipJ Member

Nov 18, 2014
    game developer right now
    Bratislava
    fix it

Yeah black screen :D its ok i wait for fix ;)

4. Sadistic

Sadistic Member

Nov 15, 2012
    Looks promising. The black screen thing though needs to be fixed. I think they can fix this soon but for future issues, I really doubt it. Their other game kritika is a little better I think but the ios version of that app has really been neglected by gamevil. Their "unleashing the chaos" issue for ios users have been going on for months now. Sad.

5. taiga97

taiga97 Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2014
    I'm using an iPod 5g, but I only get the black screen when using airplane mode. This is actually a really good game, I've grown tired of other rpgs like this with all of them having almost exactly the same classes, the warrior class is fun to play. The iaps aren't necessary so far(I'm only at lvl 12) and the energy charges pretty quick. It's free, and there's no harm in trying a free game.

6. skylined87

skylined87 Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2014
    Thanks my friend! Glad to be here! Can't promise I will always be sane, but I do try my best to not be an asshole. :)

7. skylined87

skylined87 Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2014
    Glad you liked it! Thanks for the warm welcome!

8. Creepshow

Creepshow Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2011
    Gamevil games usually last 2 minutes on my devices so this one has surely surprised me.

It feels like the "Gauntlet Ledgends" arcade game from the 90's. A bit repetitive and not as personal but the graphics are definitely better.

9. istako

istako Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2012
    Well, I have been playing this for a couple of days now and I am enjoying it. It is far less pay to win or IAP dependant than Eternity Warriors 3 ( where I am currently stuck at the first boss and cant do snything about it). Darkness Reborn is very cool, I enjoy it a lot, I have passed through half the forest and thus far no paywalls, nothing. It almost makes me fear what might come as a paywall if such should appear. But as of now - try it, its worth a download. Sorry for the Iphone 5 issues, I hope they fix it soon, because this one is worth a view. Ill keep the thread updated if I find something fishy.

10. RenTin850

RenTin850 Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2013
    Is this game's gameplay smooth?

11. akatsuki35

akatsuki35 New Member

Nov 20, 2014
    I use iphone 5s and i only get a black screen -_- so waiting for an update

12. MasterEx

MasterEx Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    Removing the sim actually works i really dont know why but it does but waiting on an update not in the mood to remove it everytime i want to play it game looks pretty jusy needs more classes but plays fluent

13. gamevil_TA

gamevil_TA Well-Known Member

Big Update: Daemon Hunter

Hey everyone,

We wanted to let you know that Darkness Reborn's first major update is here! We're excited to share information about all of the improvements and additions, especially the unveiling of a new character called Daemon Hunter! A cursed hunter of demons, Daemon Hunter is a hero capable of long-range attacks using a crossbow. His Utility Skills are also great for close-range attacks.

[​IMG]

Here is the rest of the information about the update:

Bug Fixes
    • You can now receive Gold and items even if you are level 58 or higher.
    • You can now receive the 3rd reward in Achievement -> Contents when you satisfy the requirement.
    • When you finish '[Campaign] Clear the Rift with 3 Stars', you can immediately receive the achievement reward.
    • Reported graphic issues have been fixed.

Guild Improvement
    New Guild functions have been added. Play NOW to check out what you can do!

User Interface Improvement
    We have improved the UI based on your feedback! Can you catch all the improvements that were made?

UI - Rifts
    Now you can see more information about the Rifts you're being invited to. The invite will tell you:
    • What type of Rift it is
    • What level Rift it is

Language Support for Thai and Italian
    Great news for our Thai and Italian players! You will now be able to play Darkness Reborn in Thai and Italian.

Seasonal Change
    For the winter season, we have covered the town Halen in snow! Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow~

Seasonal Equipment: Christmas Exclusive Accessories!
    We have added 3 limited-time seasonal accessories for your purchasing pleasure! They are:
    • Rudolf's Amulet
    • Santa's Ring
    • Snowman Talisman

You can get them from the new seasonal Divine Strongbox.

Daemon Hunter Purchase BONUS [12/9 11:59 PM]
    To celebrate the addition of Daemon Hunter, the Darkness Reborn team would like to add some bonuses! Anyone who purchases Daemon Hunter will receive 1 of each of the following:
    • Soldier's Weapon Strongbox
    • Soldier's Armor Strongbox
    • Soldier's Accessory Strongbox
    • Soldier's Jewel Strongbox

Gold Purchase BONUS [12/4 - 12/9 11:59 PM]
    Need some Gold? Get some now and a little more! Anyone who purchases Gold from the Shop will receive a SOL bonus!

More Legendary Items!
    Now you'll have a higher chance of receiving LEGENDARY items from:
    • Devil's Strongbox
    • Prestige Strongbox
    • Hero's Strongbox
    • Radiant Strongboxes

Limited Quantity Strongboxes REFILLED
    Every Monday, limited quantity Strongboxes will be refilled! YAY!

We hope you enjoy the new update and playing as Daemon Hunter!

14. BluzCrow

BluzCrow Member

Sep 21, 2013
    Hur durr I got a black screen I'm gonna rate it 1 out of 5 stars because it makes sense. Seriously people =.=, you haven't even tried the game.

15. sivad

sivad Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2013
    In fairness to both sides, if he has a black screen only, how can he try it?

16. Zeillusion

Zeillusion Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2013
    You don't rate a game one star because it doesn't work on your device. Works on my 5s and my 6. Derp

Anyways, the game is very smooth and gameplay is amazing. The demon hunter is 10$ though, can't play him for free.

17. sivad

sivad Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2013
    Lol ... I didn't say I agreed with rating, I haven't touched a gamevil game since 2 devices ago, I was just stating that he had a point that he couldn't try the game b/c of black screen :).

18. madreviewer

madreviewer Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2013
    It will pay real money for a of line experience

19. cthulhufan

cthulhufan Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Sep 5, 2013
    Systems Engineer
    Missouri
    I'm enjoying this game

Not too shabby... Lots of fun, manual dexterity required.

Okay, first off, Gamevil needs to get the chat sorted. Seriously you have Spanish speakers, Japanese, and English all going on at once in the chat and it is ####ED up. Not to mention the fact that somebody gets a rift or whatever; GET A SYSTEM CHANNEL.

This is quite a fun game that I'm really enjoying, even with the timer. I'm going to send you all some loot sometime soon because the game you made is fun.

Oh, and while we're on it, here's a frickin' idea: Charge U.S. $2.99/mo subscription fee instead of trying to rape some idiot out of $99 for a load of gems.