iPad Darkest Dungeon (by Red Hook Studios)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by diffusion8r, Aug 24, 2017.

1. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Sorry, writing fast. You are correct: there is no reason for it not to be universal.

JasonLL likes this.
  2. skoptic

skoptic Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2015
    Apart from the dev, testing and support effort ;)

3. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    And all the extra money they’d earn from iPhone users.

4. skoptic

Apr 3, 2015
    I would find it tricky to quantify that revenue / effort and offset it against other resource priorities like delivering DD2, myself.

5. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    I mean there’s millions more iPhone users than iPad. I think it would be worth the effort myself. Honestly other than testing, don’t think it should even be that much effort.

6. skoptic

Apr 3, 2015
    Cool - you should ask them what the blockers are and maybe suggest a funding / rev share or resourcing thingy with them.

7. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    I think we were talking aesthetics, not business model. FWIW, Feral looked at the numbers and decided to bring Company of Heroes and Total War: Rome to iPhone. I would think the main challenge would be the UI, but it can’t be harder than a strategy game.

8. mgambino

mgambino Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2014
    I’d say I’d even be happy if they did what Beamdog did with Infinity Engine games: that is, release it with Tablets in mind, but make it universal anyway for those of that dare brave it. If you can play BG on an iPhone 8, you have far better eyesight and dexterity than I.

... although the X series and beyond seem to other issues to work around, and if that’s what’s stopping it, then I probably wouldn’t expect them to do anything.

9. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    Still no fix. :mad:

I’m scared to update my iPad Pro to 14.1 because, as is typical, iOS updates can kill games, and if it happens to be a game that is no longer supported by the dev it’s money down the dunny.

Wish there was a site that listed broken games caused by iOS 14.1.
    A little article on the issue;
    https://www.techtimes.com/articles/252598/20200916/ios-14-release-some-games-not-working-on-updated-iphones-or-ipads-heres-why.htm

10. skoptic

Apr 3, 2015
    They updated on twitters a couple of days ago, they are testing fixes completed by their iOS partners... so shouldn’t be too long :)

stubbieoz likes this.
  11. Dema9o9uehutq

Dema9o9uehutq Member

Mar 28, 2019
    Male
    Although the prices are a little higher, I am more and more avoiding iOS games and just choosing to buy them on PC and stream them to my iPad and iPhone via Shadow. Steam has lots of sales and you can grab games pretty cheap and you at least know that they will be supported on PC for years and years. I've gone through this too many times with iOS.

downgrad3r and stubbieoz like this.
  12. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    Just helping out with a link to that.
    https://twitter.com/DarkestDungeon/status/1323354364749119488?s=20

So glad it will be fixed.
    I’m kind of half surprised they’re actually getting on with a fix, given how kinda unoptimized the release was to begin with.

JasonLL likes this.
  13. eugenemcardle

eugenemcardle Well-Known Member

May 21, 2013
    Retired, Math/Science Teacher, Air Force Electron
    Redcliffe Queensland Australia
    #373 eugenemcardle, Nov 3, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2020
    Update is out in australia, just downloading now.

IT WORKS! Yes! Now just need to get rid of trump and world is good again

sebgo and JasonLL like this.
  14. skoptic

Apr 3, 2015
    Thank fork.... yes it works again :)

No, it’s not universal...

sebgo and JasonLL like this.
  15. downgrad3r

downgrad3r Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2016
    I should not have updated to iPadOS 14, as it lacks what for me are the most important iOS 14 features: Home Screen widgets and the App Library. They were honest about the fact that the update was not a priority, for what that’s worth. I still haven’t bought Slay the Spire because Humble Games has not been transparent about long-expected updates. MegaCrit just passes the buck while assuring inquirers that an update is coming. BoI was completely abandoned by Nicalis despite their promises around the time of its release. I think that we should stick with devs like Feral because of their history on the platform. It’s difficult, though, because some of the most popular experiences in recent memory make it to the platform via dev teams with no such history or commitment to iOS and iPadOS. . . . And then there are the devs who follow through on their promises, evindenced by the posts that came after yours (which I’ve just seen after crafting my own response to your post).

stubbieoz likes this.
  16. Neutrino Gama

Neutrino Gama Member

Feb 3, 2021
    Male
    Hi all can anyone confirm if this works with a 2020. IPad Pro and Magic Mouse combo ? Cheers !