iPad Darkest Dungeon (by Red Hook Studios)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by diffusion8r, Aug 24, 2017.

1. brerlappin

brerlappin Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2009
    JasonLL and Talbs, thanks for the subtitles info!

Hope to pick this up soon, especially with all the DLC on the way.

2. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I love it, but i dont think it's getting that title for me as it isnt a perfect port. The text are too small on the ipad air even, which also brings me to my next concern. I really want to play this on the Nintendo Switch when it comes out, but the switch has an even smaller screen than the ipad air. Sure it would be better when it's on tv mode, but most of my playtime are on-the-go, which is why i focused on mobile gaming and now "switched" instead of a ps4.

3. athros

athros Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    DevOps
    Colorado
    Well, I guess that "Around/before Christmas" for CC and Shieldbreaker was a joke. Looks like radio silence from Red Hook right now, especially with the Switch version getting all the expansions out the gate.

Oy. There are days where I wonder why I still try to have hope that iOS will be actually considered good enough to get things on time.

4. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Yup... Just got it on the switch, with everything included. ;)

5. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    #305 stubbieoz, Jan 19, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2018

I find that most times a game is available on iOS and some other platform, that the iOS version always has any updates released later.
    I don't know if it is the developers thinking that iOS is a poor cousin to "real" gaming platforms, or maybe Apple has a longer review time?

Perhaps Apple shut down over the Xmas period even? #

It would be nice to get some feedback from the developer, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

6. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
    http://www.darkestdungeon.com/darkest-dungeon-presents-the-color-of-madness-dlc/

Red Hook isn’t doing the port. Blitworks is. On Dec 4th they announced that they started working on porting dlc.

7. Quicksilver524

Aug 25, 2017
    Might I also add that despite it being on the switch and the iPad the big motivator here isn’t the want to do it but the price that was set, it’s 24.99 on the switch and 34.99$ for everything, on iOS it’s 4.99$. People complain with it at that price, until iOS players can be happy with prices like Civ 6 on iOS I think this is what we are stuck with. Sorry iOS friends. Switch may be expensive but it is worth the price.

8. athros

athros Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    DevOps
    Colorado
    #308 athros, Jan 23, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2018
    I would have happily paid $25 if they priced it at that. It is aggravating that they priced it low and now it’s likely going to be either unsupported or undersupported. I also paid $30 for Civ6, and would pay $60 considering it’s the full game

It’s too bad that the hope that people will support premium games is slowly dying, even though a lot of people whine and moan about all the F2P mechanics. It makes people winder that if they pay the money for something with the promise of support, will it actually be supported? Or is it just money lost when versions everywhere else have all the features, and iOS is constantly left behind.

9. Quicksilver524

Aug 25, 2017
    Ideally they are telling me which one to buy. Here I am a vita owner and I want to buy it again on another device, would love the iPad one but not without dlc or even this talk of support. The switch is more expensive but it’s complete and the switch is very nice.

10. Quicksilver524

Aug 25, 2017
    And civ 6 was totally worth the 30$ to me, big time

11. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
    Or once again.... it’s a different team handling this version.

12. athros

athros Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    DevOps
    Colorado
    Yes, but it’s Red Hook doing the communication, and Red Hook on the app as the main Developer. Without doing some digging, knowing it’s another studio doing the work is not exactly visible.

13. daan_vb

daan_vb Member

May 1, 2013
    Has there been any further update regarding the DLC for iOS?

14. JayTay

JayTay Active Member

Jan 25, 2013
    It’s just been updated with DLC added! However after tapping on the DLC option it just gives me a blank window :confused:

15. JasonLL

JasonLL Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2014
    Male
    Same here.

16. daan_vb

daan_vb Member

May 1, 2013
    Yay! But according to the blog post here it’s released tomorrow :-(

17. daan_vb

daan_vb Member

May 1, 2013
    Still doesn’t work even after another update. SadPanda :-(

18. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    Devs emailed me. They are aware of the problem and are working on a fix, but no estimated time as of yet.

19. Akaki

Akaki Member

Apr 2, 2017
    Community Moderator 2K, Community Support EA.
    Michigan, United States
    Are they sleeping on iPhone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. JackDerp

JackDerp Well-Known Member

Dec 15, 2015
    Most likely, just like FTL, their engine doesn't scale art well and so would have redraw all the assets and UI for small screens which I doubt they want to do.