Universal Dark Sword (by NANOO Company)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by touchGames, Mar 7, 2016.

1. Fangbone

Fangbone Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    Tried it and thought that in between this and Clash Royale I could just kind of go back and forth as I'm waiting for energy or whatever. Found the gameplay boring. Seemed like my basic attack button did all of the attacks and so it just becomes a one-button masher. Albeit, I did only try the first couple of levels. Maybe things change the further you get. Just didn't seem like the kind of game that would keep me interested long enough to find out. The game does look good and I'm sure some people will enjoy it for what it is. Good luck with your game.

2. 7lilwhitewolf7

7lilwhitewolf7 Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2012
    Male
    Not hear on earth
    Georgia,Cleveland Ohio,Texas,New York
    #42 7lilwhitewolf7, Mar 7, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2016
    Delete post

3. fabell

fabell Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2016
    Enjoyable F2P battler. A couple of notes:

1. The auto battle mode often scores higher than me. I generally leave the auto mode on, while leaving the auto skill off and save those up for big mobs.

2. Seems the only way to make decent money is to watch ads. Like Tomb of the Mask, the big barrier to entry is time spent doing things players don't want to be doing... Namely, not playing.

3. Each level is mostly about surviving while clearing the enemies quickly (time seems to be the factor that influences 3-star finishes).

4. The GC achievements seem to be focused on three major areas: completion of the game, upgrading your gear, and playing hardcore mode. Finishing the game seems simple enough, as the game basically has ten stages broken down into 10 small zones which take around 1-2 minutes to complete, consisting of a single platform and an encroaching barrage of enemies that need to be cleared. Upgrading requires massive amounts of gold and upgrading is necessary to match the incoming hordes. And hardcore mode seems to be reserved for the game's whales or for people who really want a challenge.

I'll probably keep playing until I hit the paywall. I'm curious if and where that comes into focus.

4. Pepelutin

Pepelutin Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2013
    Music teacher
    Belgium
    Like many others, i can't play a game with timers. Please add an IAP to be able to play without timers and ads! The game looks so great, i like the visuals, too bad for those timers..

5. KeKhan

KeKhan Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    Combat is a lot deeper than that, even on the first levels.
    You can combo off of jump attacks you can combo off of movement for a dashing attack,
    You need to roll to avoid projectiles, there's special skills tied to equipped gear.

Def. not a "one button masher"

6. Kirit0

Kirit0 New Member

Mar 6, 2016
    30 free Souls - code: 4SKJILNS

7. Limelight

Limelight Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2014
    To save my city.
    localhost
  8. sakara214ever

sakara214ever Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    I know it has been mentioned many times but i will also say my opinion. I downloaded and tried that one it really is a nice polished game BUT it is F2P and has almost all the elements of bad F2P so not for me. Deleted. Good luck to the devs.

9. Den Den

Den Den Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2014
    Tried it. The graphics are good and... that's it. The gameplay is clunky and shallow, the game doesn't feel and play smoothly, the frame rate is average.

It is designed as a "social" game with energy and timers, aka money harvesting machine with no limits/endless pit as how much you can spend, which is exploitative. Needless to say, I deleted it.

If you really want some good, challenging and satisfying gameplay with no energy timers and all that crap, I'd recommend another game called Lost Socks.

10. eventide

eventide Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2012
    Played ok, looked ok, but f2p, energy timers and watch ad to refill energy BS can rot in a fire. Would rather pay to not ha e to deal with that and just focus on the game un impeded.

11. Hambo12

Hambo12 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    Love how the game looks and plays cause I love hack n slash button masher xD if possible though would love a premium version or pay once remove all the not so appealing stuff and I'm happy boy

12. Kirit0

Kirit0 New Member

Mar 6, 2016
    anyone else having error "cant connect to video" ?

cant refill stamina or get the rewards (3000 gold after stage watch video)

i played like 100 videos today while working .. is there a limit to the watch video ?:confused:

13. italodance

italodance Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2009
    electrical
    Tehran-Iran
    OK, first it doesn't need internet connection tnx god, but it's so hard,it's even hard in the first chapter and don't know about the rest .....

14. Alexythimia23

Alexythimia23 Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2012
    Haha very true, i think because the devs on here they want to pitch their two cents about what they want or dont want, lets face it where else can they let devs know this? They cant so they vent here which is why it will not stop, u will ALWAYS see something like this with these sort of games, so i do get why they keep raising the issue in the hopes devs will change that mechanic. Me.........im easy going and its like water off a ducks back, if i enjoy it i dont mind...sure id rather it be a premium experience, but ive learnt a while ago that is NOT gonna happen on ios with every good game released. Plus by the looks of things the dev expected it as they are not getting back to comment on the timers as its a no win situation for a them for now. So i take it a full unlock ad free is not avail yet?

15. Warriv

Warriv Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Feb 21, 2015
    Portugal
    If I may leave my opinion here without having it ported to a certain sadly-titled thread, I'd get this game and pay for a full unlock if there was one, and I'm sure I wouldn't be the only one. As it is, I won't waste my time with it.

I'm sorry if my opinion may hurt some sensibilities, but I feel it is something the developers should be aware of.

16. speetz

speetz Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2013
    #56 speetz, Mar 7, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2016
    See, I have never minded f2p. Even games with energy, like tai chi panda, cuz especially if you don't drain tons of time very quickly into it, there are plenty of free or inexpensive ways to play extended periods. But timers? I hate. Only mechanic that drives me nuts, aside from games that have very minimal energy that only allow an hour of play time a day. I don't play games an hour a day but like to put in three at a time sometimes and so yeah...

Anyway, my only point is f2p games that aren't MMO-likes should always have a premium option, even if they have to charge three bucks or whatever, and it just gets rid of ads for the extra gold or run. Opens up your market BIIIIG time, and you could still charge whales for currency etc. to take advantage of that side of the market. Why limit your market potential when you can expand it AND still get boat loads of cash from whales?

17. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    #57 LordShad0wz, Mar 7, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2016
    I decided to put my skin in the game.

I tapped the button to buy the 24 hour special that only has 3 hours remaining. It's $6.99. You get the helm, armor and sword. Well I can't. All I get is:

Network Error 404: Not found.

So I can't make the purchase and it isn't my connection.

Billy

Edit- I sent a support email with no response and posted to their official support forum with no response. The offer will expire very soon now.

18. sobriquet

sobriquet Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    My 30 gems share code: XSZVKAIU

19. Themagicjesus

Themagicjesus Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2012
    Game is fun but adding the auto battle button was a strange choice

20. speetz

speetz Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2013
    A lot of f2p games that have repetitive ways to get upgrades, especially if there is no auto loot or you don't have it unlocked, have auto control. Some games I kinda makes a little sense, but this seems to have more focus on skill than others. Games like tai chi panda have it for when you haven't unlocked auto loot for a level you need to farm, but it still doesn't make much sense unless you don't enjoy that part of the game... Which is most of the game besides playing levels you haven't before....

Yeah auto control doesn't make much sense in general. Auto loot does for levels you have got max rewards (like three stars, beat the time challenge etc) that you may need an item from, but not auto control... Guess some people just like getting the items and building up the character and seeing numbers go up so they feel superior to other players? Lol