Universal Dark Sword (by NANOO Company)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by touchGames, Mar 7, 2016.

1. sweetdiss

sweetdiss Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2009
    This game looks really fun but I can't download anything with timers and ads because it will take up too much of my free time which I need to use for going in every thread and complaining about timers and ads

2. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    #22 LordShad0wz, Mar 7, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2016
    Actually it's not free. I don't have unlimited data. Full video ads use data. It costs me. Devs don't think about this fact. And this is all I will say on this. I don't want to devolve your thread into an IAP battle. I'm just explaining it to you that's all so you understand.

With that aside, the other elements of the game really are nice. The actual gameplay is fantastic. I really do like that part of the game. I like the equipment and how the equipment has different abilities. Using gold to level them up is great.

I really like the floor clearing tower levels. It's a nice way to get souls.

Also there needs to be a confirmation when selling your items. I just accidentally sold my darn armor. I have no main armor now. Grrr

Billy

3. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I think the devs get the idea that some of us dont want timers or anything, but the devs still deserve a shot at this pay method they decided to use for their game and see if it works for them. Maybe later on they might decide to add a stamina system remover or something, but for now, i think it's best we refrain from posting the same complaints.

4. Based Xatu

Based Xatu Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
    Your comment fits your name lol

5. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Game won't load on my iphone 5

6. italodance

italodance Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2009
    electrical
    Tehran-Iran
    Is it online or offline? i mean Does it need internet connection?

7. windwarz

windwarz Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2013
    It doesn't require internet connection.. you just need to be online if you want to share or purchase IAP things.

8. mj132

mj132 Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2013
    United Kingdom
    Just downloading this and I don't like waiting for more energy to play either, but what I normally do with this sort of game is just play in short burst before work and find by the time I'm having lunch I can play again and then by the time I'm home from work I'm again able to play.

Looks an awesome game and I'm looking forward to playing it

9. stephenk

stephenk Well-Known Member

May 11, 2015
    Great ! Downloading, I will edit back later !

10. Chusky

Chusky Active Member

Aug 8, 2010
    Graphic designer
    France
    Kind of must have game ! Epic ! Here is my code to get 30 free souls : G9QT7LPU

11. IPlayGame

IPlayGame Well-Known Member

May 29, 2015
  12. t3chnoboy

t3chnoboy Active Member

Aug 7, 2014
    Stucks at loading screen for me on 2 devices

13. MacEleven

MacEleven Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2015
    Me also.

14. mj132

mj132 Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2013
    United Kingdom

I've had the same problem too, so I turned off wifi or put device into airplane mode and then it seemed to work.

15. terrence92

terrence92 Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2013
    Make an iap for premium unlock and I'm sold

16. Ausar

Ausar Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2012
    BCN
    No offense to some of you people but this premium thing in every f2p game is starting to get annoying every thread is the same

If some of you really hate f2p then just move along and don't waste your time as of those that are really interested in this with the same rants

I'm stating to feel sorry for Eli and Jared having to deal with this in every f2p game thread

17. Tonk Montana

Tonk Montana Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2010
    So. I was curious and I decided to give this a go. I play several F2P games and judge them on their merits I hope.

This is a standard side-scrolling hack&slash. I am sure there is a decent game here but I am going to stop after reaching level 1-7. Maybe it gets better, I don't know. The killing point for me here is the get-gold-for-ads at the end of every level.

Gold is required for upgrading all your equipment...a lot of it. By design and genre, this is a grindy game at best. Unless you watch the ad at the end, the amount of gold you get for each level is minuscule (+3,000 gold if you do) effectively forcing you to watch the ads.

I don't appreciate the heavy-handed approach to monetisation in this game and as the levels are very short, I won't be watching an ad every minute or two to progress.

If things change I may revisit this but as is, no thanks.

18. Echoen

Echoen Well-Known Member

May 16, 2012
    USA
    You're not going to enjoy this much without frequently watching ads or buying currency. The systems hit all the right strings that feed on addictive behavior so it's not a badly de$igned game but it's not one I tend to cling onto. I'm also not fond of the basic attack chain pulling off the power attack on its own instead of rhythmic tap patterns like in Implosion.

19. sakuraarts

sakuraarts Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2015
    Dark Swouls

Instadownload!

20. db2

db2 Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2011
    Michigan, USA
    Cool, another game I was looking forward to ruined by timers and ads and "free"-to-play bullshit. Guess I'll just let it sit on my iPad unplayed until I see an update that fixes it.